• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach: Jigoku-Hen Film, Yakumo Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's not like Kubo ever planned to do anything with it, that would require him to MAKE A FREAKIN EFFORT!
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Right. Because it takes absolutely no effort at all to produce a weekly series.

Why do people who obviously hate/dislike a series/author insist on reading articles about said series/author, then make inflammatory and/or ridiculing statements about said series/author? Do they really have so little to do with their lives outside the internet? I weep for society a little more everyday.
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
YAY YAKUMO! though it's only one eye that's red, not both Smile
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Right. Because it takes absolutely no effort at all to produce a weekly series.

Why do people who obviously hate/dislike a series/author insist on reading articles about said series/author, then make inflammatory and/or ridiculing statements about said series/author? Do they really have so little to do with their lives outside the internet? I weep for society a little more everyday.

I'm currently busy goofing off at work, so later I'm going to sit down and tell you everything that's wrong with that statement. For now I will just say keep your words out of my mouth, I don't hate Kubo, obviously I enjoy or at least enjoyed Bleach to an extent that I have a both an emotional and monetary investment in the series.

If you're gonna tell me to just stop reading if I don't like where the series is going and feel like Kubo's become somewhat lazy and/or uninterested with his own work, and that I'm freakin pissed that jigoku hen is a story about something that was interesting when he first touched upon it and then for some reason left it on the shelf in favor of an arc that dragged on so long that he had to trim some character fat in a most unceremonious fashion, then you are disregarding everything that is afforded to me as a fan of the series which is both good AND bad stuff. Besides, it's damn internet, how long does it take to type "Kubo's screwin up".

edited for profanity, TRYIN TO MAKE A POINT HERE!
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Tomibiki wrote:
For now I will just say keep your words out of my mouth, I don't hate Kubo, obviously I enjoy or at least enjoyed Bleach to an extent that I have a both an emotional and monetary investment in the series.

If you re-read what I said, I was very careful to separate my response to you (the sarcastic part) from the "generalized" statement. If the generalized statement doesn't include you, there's no need to take offense. It was only directed at those it is true for, which from your follow up, obviously does not include you. But I do grow tired of people acting like they know Kubo's mind and that he's somehow putting less effort into the series than at any other time in the run. I'm loving it just as much now as 6 years ago when I picked up the first volume from Viz. And yes, I do hold that if someone grows tired of a series, they should just stop following it, money invested or not. Because if one grows to hate it, why would they continue to monetarily support something they don't enjoy anymore? If it were me, I'd move on and start spending my time and money on something I still enjoyed. I have no qualms about dropping a series at any point, unless it's discontinued and I'm not given the option. That would bug me just a little bit.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I believe Kubo said he'd like to do a "Hell Arc", not that he would, and he said that years ago. Either the story ended up developing into a differant direction or he just changed his mind, which he has every right to do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1