• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Hiyokoi, English Durarara Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Didn't seem like Johnny Young Bosch had a whole lot of interesting stuff to say in that video promo. The only neat part was getting to hear his Izaya voice at the end.
kakitamike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to buying the Durarara dub, but man, I'm bothered that Tatum and Glass aren't voicing the Isaac and Miria cameo. More than I thought I would be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm very surprised ******bag wasn't censored.

Anyway, I would've liked to hear his performance as Izaya a bit more than the Q&A, but overall it was a cool video. I'm absolutely gonna buy the DRRR!! boxset (there'd better be one!) regardless of the dub's quality, but as of right now I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I agree especially since those two were so good at those roles but I'm not really sure how much of a "full" cameo the two characters have so I'm not sure how much it surprises me but those two were so much FUN as them in Baccano.

Still, I'm really looking forward to this and especially the dub since I already like the dub cast they've revealed so far, I love what I saw of the show and I also want to support Aniplex thankfully moving beyond IMO the crappy sub-only cash-in release of the Gurren movies towards a real full dual-language R1 release for us with a rather excellent cast with many of our top voice actors like Wahlgren, Freeman, Bosch, etc. (two of whom we sadly haven't heard from as regularly since Geneon died). I want them to continue this direction.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote
It's funny because Izaya is a d-bag! (Sometimes I can't believe this guy was the Black Power Ranger no disrespect)

"Shizu-chan" bothers me, but the way he whispered "now let me go" like that was fantastic.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait! Come on Aniplex, why not a Bluray? Sad Regardless I'm buying the crap outta this.
JLightstar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I want to buy this but... eight episodes per disc is kinda iffy. If we got a sneak preview of the price and what would come as extras, then we could talk...
daydreamer978

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy Will be a buy for me regardless of price. One of a few anime I enjoyed this year. Can't Wait!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1