• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Yamato, Umizaru, Idolm@ster 2 Videos Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Huh. After watching the trailer, I'm cautiously optimistic about the Space Battleship Yamato movie.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I just realized I'm not sure how I feel having a song written by an American artist featured.

Was the 3rd bridge getting destroyed in one of those shots or at least that was a diagram showing it rummaged.

Why do they keep that as part of the ship if no one likes it?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how they convince anyone to work on the third bridge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ahab

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
When I first heard that Yamato was being made into a live-action movie I was really worried that it would turn out terrible. What's more, I can't stand Kimura Takuya so my fears continued to mount...

However, after seeing this trailer, I must say that it looks like it may be pretty darn good after all!
In fact, I just bought an advance ticket straight after seeing this trailer so thanks for sharing it with us ANN!
Shichimi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
It was an obvious logical progression to have a boy-band unit for IdolM@ster 2. I'm not really interested in this, but I definitely approve of the visual style the games use; like Eternal Sonata it just looks gorgeous.
Spence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
There have been a good number of Asian films released in the US lately. I wonder how long we will have to wait for this one.

I hope not too long. It looks good to me...
EricDent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:17 am Reply with quote
Well with Steven Tyler doing a song in the Yamato movie, I would not be shocked if it does come over to the US at least on DVD and maybe a short run in the "art house" type theaters, or maybe even those "one night things" at certain types of theaters (you know like they did for the Death Note movies).

The trailer does look pretty awesome. Are the bad guys the Gamilons again, or is it somebody new? The ships looked kind of odd.
silentjay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quote
yamiangie wrote:
I just realized I'm not sure how I feel having a song written by an American artist featured.

Returner worked out fine, and it was by the same director.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
EricDent wrote:

The trailer does look pretty awesome. Are the bad guys the Gamilons again, or is it somebody new? The ships looked kind of odd.

It's based on the first series so it's the Gamilons. I'm sort of worried becuase they haven't shown them yet. I'm starting to think they are no longer blue or something major plotwise has been altered.
kgw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:46 am Reply with quote
yamiangie wrote:

It's based on the first series so it's the Gamilons. I'm sort of worried becuase they haven't shown them yet. I'm starting to think they are no longer blue or something major plotwise has been altered.

Besides, in the longer video, they scream: "The Gamilan fleet!", but probably the movie will focus on the Yamato crew, and their enemies won't have many screen time (so no charismatic enemy to menace Takuya Kimura's role).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1