• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Princess Nine DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote
This review popped up in the Random Fun section, and even though it's over 3 years old, I would like to discuss this for those who have seen Princess Nine Vol. 1., or who want to see it. Smile

I mentioned this a few times over the forum that along with being an anime fan, I'm also a sports fan, and baseball in particular. I rented Princess Nine last week, and after reading George Phillips' review, I completely agree with him that this title should be highly recommended. Sports is probably the one genre in anime that does not have many strong titles in its repertoire. Fortunately, Princess Nine is one of the exceptions. With the current state that baseball is in with the steroids controversy, it's nice to have a feel-good baseball story to watch. Ryo's determination and courage was very realistic, and to have her pursue her dreams of playing baseball despite puting it on hold to help support her mother was a believable story. It's too bad that we don't have these type of stories this often in sports.

I also liked how ADV handled the dubbing of this title. Hilary Haag did an outstanding job as Ryo, and obviously used this experience in her future roles, most particullary Rosette in Chrono Crusade. Like George said, ADV struck gold with this title; or more appropriately, ADV hit a grand slam.

If anyone in the forum saw this volume, or the entire series, would you recommend it? I'm looking forward to watching the rest of this series later on this year. I'm ashamed that I took too long to discover it. Embarassed

BTW: I'm glad that ANN has this Random Fun section. It's probably the most overlooked section of the site. It's nice to read some of the old reviews of certain titles that might have gone unnoticed in the past. Cool
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
biliano wrote:

If anyone in the forum saw this volume, or the entire series, would you recommend it?

Oh yes, the series is awesome. Watching the team add players from different backgrounds, and then watching them progress into a real team was great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1