• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
US Premiere: Oreimo 12 - My Little Sister's Advice Can't End Here (Good End)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Cute show with socially redeeming qualities, glad I took a risk and watched this.
DragonKnight76

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, awesome show. Looking forward to the "True Ending." Please air the True Ending episodes ANN!

This is one of the top three shows this season. I cannot decide which one is best... Wink
anime engineer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote
DragonKnight76 wrote:

This is one of the top three shows this season. I cannot decide which one is best... Wink

which were the other 2 you thought were good?

i like this ending over something bad. would be sad if she left Sad
Mr Big200

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
anime engineer wrote:
DragonKnight76 wrote:

that might be the true ending... but I could be wrong
Grimmjow101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this series myself.I know a OVA is comin out soon can't wait Very Happy
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Do the subtitles for this episode seem strange to anyone else? They seem to have strange line breaks. It's kinda distracting.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
ZakuAce wrote:
Do the subtitles for this episode seem strange to anyone else? They seem to have strange line breaks. It's kinda distracting.

Yup, but at least they didn't go wall-to-wall this week. It is likely just a progression of figuring out what works best with their player. More strange was dropping the opening without some "momentus lead-up" to take its place.

Grimmjow101 wrote:
I know a OVA is comin out soon can't wait

Are you referring to the three unaired episodes that are supposed to come out next year, or a distinct separate line?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
With a show like this, it isn't where it ends up but how it gets there. I think it is very difficult to write a convincing storyline where the siblings start out so far apart and end up where they did and make it believable. At that, they didn't exactly end up in each others arms but at least they built some sort of understanding.

Just a sidw question: Does it really happen that a crowd of middle-school and high-school girls would sneak out to show up at a midnight sale for a male-sex video game like that?
DragonKnight76

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
ZakuAce wrote:

Yup, but at least they didn't go wall-to-wall this week. It is likely just a progression of figuring out what works best with their player. More strange was dropping the opening without some "momentus lead-up" to take its place.

I noticed the disjointed subs as well, not the worst I've seen but a bit distracting.

bglassbrook wrote:
Grimmjow101 wrote:
I know a OVA is comin out soon can't wait

Are you referring to the three unaired episodes that are supposed to come out next year, or a distinct separate line?

This was the "Good End" and in June there is going to be the "True End." Basically the True End is going to be an alternate ending that starts right after episode 11. So instead of the episode 12 of the "Good End" there will be episode 12 through 15 of the "True End" arc.

Oreimo Specials per MAL
DragonKnight76

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
anime engineer wrote:
DragonKnight76 wrote:

I actually enjoyed a few other shows this season but the two others I made sure not to miss were Otome Youkai Zakuro and Fortune Arterial. What can I say I'm a sucker for the Romance/Drama/Comedy types. Very Happy
DragonKnight76

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Just a sidw question: Does it really happen that a crowd of middle-school and high-school girls would sneak out to show up at a midnight sale for a male-sex video game like that?

Weren't you watching? They send their brothers... Razz

I think this only happens in a perverted otaku's dreams. Though someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
Over all I enjoyed this series, it was a fun and interesting show. I just really didn't like the drama parts. Don't get me wrong, I like a good drama, but the drama scenes in this series seemed kind of cheap and I don't know if it's because of the director of the writers. But I liked the otaku comedy and the characters that were built throughout it. It makes me really want to go out and read the manga or the light novels. I hear there's allot of other fun plot points further on in the series (for example: Kyosuke and Ruri apparently start dating later on in the series) so I'd like to see how the characters progress later on. And the amount of material that's still left to cover makes me wonder if this will get a second season some time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AmeTegami

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote
DragonKnight76 wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:

Weren't you watching? They send their brothers... Razz

I think this only happens in a perverted otaku's dreams. Though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I wouldn't say that is a dream or surprising at all in the matter. In fact I was very happy seeing that scene since I play video games and I am also a BL (malexmale) closet anime fan-girl. I was hurrying to my local Gamestop the new Poke'Mon game was released. If it was a midnight release, I'd go. If anything I know Harry Potter fans waited to pick up a copy of a new book at midnight so I don't find it some sort of fantasy. (Also you can't deny some HP fans are BL fans too...fanfiction is proof...)So if a BL game came out at midnight at my local Gamestop... well yes, I'd go. Though there are only two BL games that I know that are still on sale in this market so I doubt they'll be popular enough to hit stores...

I originally didn't want to watch the show thinking it was a show with incest related plot, (I have nothing against this but I don't go out of my way to look for such series) however I did try it later on. Overall I liked this show very much since I felt connected to Kirino since she had a "secret" hobby that most people don't accept. If anything I like anime/manga dealing with the audience's lives (otaku lifestyle?) and as such I would have run into it sooner or later I guess. (I really hope someone licenses this series so I can own a copy) However I was kind of sad it ended.

Why do writers/producers like to pull that "I am heading off somewhere" problem all the time? I have no problem with it and I find it amusing but surely there had to be another way to wrap up such a wonderful series...though I can't think of any right now...(let's see what the OVAs do) I guess it can't be helped as it's a 12-episode series but I kind of wish they explored Kuroneko and Saori's lives more. Sure we got to see them at home and such, and the show does revolve around Kirino and Kyousuke but I guess it can't be helped. (Since this was based off a light novel series...I hope some company picks it up for translation...) I am glad some OVAs will be coming out soon and I do hope for another season as well.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Enjoyable show. Though I thank GOD they didn't go the incest route. That would've killed the show, then again, having Kirini leave the show unslapped kind of pissed me off a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Enjoyable show. Though I thank GOD they didn't go the incest route. That would've killed the show, then again, having Kirini leave the show unslapped kind of pissed me off a bit.

pfft killed. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for a kiss or at least an embrace a couple of times - not that kissing or hugging is incest mind you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2