• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The World God Only Knows (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 8

I recently re-watched the first season and started the second again, which I found that it was a good thing to do, just to see the loose souls team leader Ayumi and Chihiro, although I haven't got up to Chihiro arc yet.

Seeing all of the spoiler[Goddesses fight over keima] was fun, I liked spoiler[Diana's response] as it kind of reminded me of the sort of humour associated with Virgo from Fairy Tail. I am going to bet thatspoiler[ he will conquer Chihiro, but find out that it is actually in Ayumi, which is going to be awkward as there is no rewind feature this time.] Hopefully something can spoiler[save Haqua], well the chances of it not are pretty low.

@ HaruhiToy
He said that he had to put all of his focus on the current problem and thus he would have not time for games. The OP itself points out his determination, the "I know it's not a game anymore". He did it this episode purely because he saw it as a gateway to get what he needed. I expect some god mode at the end.

Wait! I just looked up the full OP song is a whopping 12 minutes, 50 seconds, and I thought the 8 minute long first season was big. I plan on downloading it when comes out on the site I use, but I am giving it a listen while writing this. The song seems to change to describe arcs with each Goddess. I stopped before getting to the next Goddess's chorus, can't have any spoilers, to be continued later.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
Vulcan is yandere? damn, Diana still doesn't has wings.
zeroyuki92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
OK, so it is episode 8 and it has been how long since we have seen Keima clicking away on a "PFP" or some other game console?

Has anyone besides me noticed how much more appealing a character he has become because of that? A few pages back I was taking flak for suggesting he was wasting his talent on those dating sims. Well here is the evidence that he is.

It is also a good example of how self-confidence can be attractive. The usual anime harem lead is either continuously flummoxed by events, blows a gasket in embarrassment in just touching hands with a girl, or in absence of that just a total obnoxious pervert. Kemia is none of those and he deals with the girls as they are unique persons not just body parts. It is sort of ironic but bravo.

I'm going to bet at the end of this he is going to try to go back to his 2D-obsessed life and suddenly find out he doesn't like it as much as he used to.

I already told you about that several pages back:

Quote:
While it's not permanently, you may want try to spot any instance where Keima is playing his games in this arc past the first episode.

I still stand to my opinion that as long as Keima keep his life responsibility (and AFAIK he always try to do that), he may do his gaming as far as he wishes. Please note that his confidence also stem from his expertise at girl games (as you can notice from the very first capture), and he always use his knowledge from games to solve his "quests" (which is not always enough, as you can see from his weakness to unpredictable elements). It's also a weakness that will be very critical to this very capture, as you will see in later episodes.

(I'm not suggesting that IRL you can be very confident at handling other gender by JUST playing game, but it's one of element that create Keima that we know today. Note again that TWGOK's writer also gain his knowledge from years of playing games, and TWGOK is the fruit of that lifestyle and suffering Very Happy )

As for your last bet, let's just see by yourself.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
One part that I found really fit with Kanon in the latest episode was how it fit with how her arc ended slightly different to a normal conquest. Keima's conquest in filling her heart actually had them at the time decide that they should not quite be together so that kanon could have confidence in her own strength. This is the perfect explanation of in the meeting between them in the recent episode where she loves him, but knows that at that time there are more important things they both needed to do. Kanon had confidence in herself.

It actually made me consider that Kanon and Keima might be one of the truest for their similar actions in putting their emotions aside. I may be a Shiori fan, but having re-watched and seen the episode I was getting swayed. Maybe I will change my opinion again, who knows? (God knows)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 am Reply with quote
No. I am a Shiori fan so YOU are too.

*leans in menacingly*

Get me?
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote
I could see Kanon and Keima happening. She IS one of the more well known of the girls, after all. The angelic Kanon also helps this possibility. Who else thought it was cute that Haqua bought Keima candy? lol She can't stop thinking about that boy. Too bad she dropped it :/
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Well, that was ... uncomfortable. This is why I liked back when a girl completely forgot about the "conquest" after a loose soul was conquered. spoiler[Now we have a situation where one of the girls is actually getting hurt.] Ugh.

Something like this really takes the fun out of the show for me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9
Damn it, Keima, you just had to say it to spoiler[Chihiro]....Ugh, now I feel sorry for the poor girl. spoiler[That kiss was sweet though under the fireworks.]

The episode overall was good imo. Ayumi getting pissed @ Keima is understandable. Oh and did I mention how cute she looks in that spoiler[maid outfit]? Very Happy Uh, spoiler[Tenri was also cute I guess with her little magic tricks] lol.

Next time looks like spoiler[Haqua is returning to kick some ass] so I'll look forward to that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Something like this really takes the fun out of the show for me.

Isn't that directly connected with how serious it got for Keima? He clearly didn't want to do that to spoiler[Chihiro].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 9

Want to know something funny that I noticed when recently re-watched other seasons? I specifically took note that their were some strange coincidences like that their food vendor seems to be spoiler[named after a goddess, I think it was Demeter, the goddess of harvests]. This actually piqued my interest and I noticed that their spoiler[school emblem was a goddess], which surely was a strange coincidence what with the current Goddess arc and that the spoiler[loose souls came from beneath the school]. And another thing was that I had my attention of spoiler[his teacher], maybe it was just intuition, but I thought she seemed a little strange for the series, and last week when spoiler[she was in a devil] outfit I quickly had the thought "what if spoiler[she is a demon]". But what are the chances of that?

But onto the emotional stuff. Wow Keima was really something, he spoiler[realized that he chose the wrong girl and that he would have to switch from Chihiro to Ayumi], and therein lay the problem. He planned straight away to use spoiler[it to switch over, but some emotion stopped him, and he suddenly changed his mind to flat out rejecting her, despite his cold look it was killing him, he was too good at lying]. What this scene meant look to be open to theories. Did he decide that it was spoiler[better for Chihiro to hate him rather than her best friend]? Was he spoiler[messed up because Chihiro actually managed to conquer him]? Did he spoiler[freak out from a real girl having feelings for him, which he could not return positively by saying it was his duty]?

Seeing Keima so spoiler[depressed over it] was a good change, it was the real stuff, not spoiler[just overblown reactions or trying to avoid the real world]. But by seeing that something bad was spoiler[happening he was getting right back to himself, saying that it had nothing to do with it was not him just ignoring the situation, no he knew he had a duty to get the last goddess].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, episode 10
Great episode, this could possibly be one of my favorite so far.

As far as the spoiler[cafe] goes, that sure felt a bit awkward.

My favorite parts from this episode though was spoiler[Haqua's epic return. Yup, the girl is back to save Keima and the others even though she isn't really a member of the Runaway Spirit Squad anymore. Relating to her, I also like her new battle outfit and even that ED song with her being the star]!

Poor Goddesses though this episode, I feel sorry for them for being spoiler[hunted down by the Vintage]. As far as Chihiro goes, I feel sorry for her as well based on the events of episode 9. spoiler[Ayumi on the other hand is now a prominent target for Keima and likely the Vintage soon]. GL with the conquest, Keima~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:45 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 10

spoiler[Haqua] is cool, we had been seeing her in that form in the OP this entire season, I wonder if the lines "spoiler[I swear that I'll never fail again]" are meant to hold meaning. We don't actually getting many badasses in this show, spoiler[so Haqua just put herself up top].

I don't see why Keima did not just tell Chihiro the truth, that what Keima said was not that he hated her, but he needs bring out the last goddess, that many lives are at risk. That she was spoiler[with him for protection and to find that Goddess]. Although spoiler[it looks like Chihiro might be a little in the know now.]
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
You could tell just from the opening shot that this would be a good episode lol even though I like Keima, I couldn't help but be reminded of Makoto from School Days while I watched him during the cafe half (though, Keima isn't an asshole like that guy was). Anyway, the spoiler[capturing] of the goddesses was pretty cool and it was badass how spoiler[Haqua du Lot Herminium] saved the day! I was a little bothered that they skipped some of the emotional parts she went through while she was in prison, but I guess the time constraint can't be helped :/ It should already be obvious that she loves Keima anyhow. The part where Dokuro Skull explained how Haqua was spoiler[the first poor/not-noble demon in history to ever receive the Scythe of Testament] was also great. My girl's got skills Wink

Last edited by Treeborn on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Muh man Keima is one smooth bro. Getting Ayumi to suck face after witnessing his harsh take-down of her bff ain't gonna be easy, but...

*pushes glasses up bridge of nose*

...I see the ending.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Getting Ayumi to suck face after witnessing his harsh take-down of her bff ain't gonna be easy, but...

Girls actually are pretty ruthless with each other when it comes to that sort of thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 24