• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation Panel

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderbird-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
So according to Funimation my brother doesn't have a heart and soul since he didn't like Summer Wars. Laughing

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that Funimation didn't announce any simulcasts. I thought for sure they would at least license MM! or Index 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Thunderbird- wrote:
Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed that Funimation didn't announce any simulcasts. I thought for sure they would at least license MM! or Index 2.
Tis a puzzlement. Are they waiting their "simulcast" announcements until their delayed site relaunch?
Keyl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Thunderbird- wrote:
So according to Funimation my brother doesn't have a heart and soul since he didn't like Summer Wars. Laughing

give them some time. Index and Railgun haven't come out yet and you'd think they would plan ahead so fast. also MM! kinda sucks so i don't know why they would want to stream that. Would be awesome if they streamed Kuragehime instead.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Mike McFarland is kind of a mediocre dub director.

Great, still no release date on Rebuild 2.0.

I wish they would announce a Dragon Ball Z movies Dragon Box.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Otaku Teahouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, darn. And here I was hoping for an announcement of Unlimited Blade Works. Sad

I really hope Summer Wars gets a theater run in Dallas. I saw it a week before they announced it at the Asian Film Fest Dallas and it was amazing. I can't wait to hear the dub, either.
WolfWood37

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quote
No One Piece announcements? That really surprises me.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote
A few things from me...

1) Digimon: Our War Game > Summer Wars

2) So is Funimation going to make Evangelion what Gundam is to Bandai?

3) Finally, some news on the FLCL release so my friend can shut up about it.

4) No new Shin Chan?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Otaku Teahouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
A few things from me...

Same director so it makes sense. I like Summer Wars a lot, but it ddn't have a franchise behind it to have to follow, so it actually helps the film, I think.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Otaku Teahouse wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
A few things from me...

Same director so it makes sense.

That's why I said it Anime smile. Don't get me wrong, I liked Summer Wars, but when all you're thinking of when watching it is "this is the Digimon movie", it sort of ruins it for you. Especially when you can call what things are going to happen BECAUSE it was in the Digimon movie.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quote
How extremely restrained for a Funimation panel. I'm surprised there was no mention of even one streaming license. No mention even of the upcoming NoitaminA title.

I wonder why no one is streaming Hakuoki. I would think Funimation would get this since their big fujoshi win with Hetalia.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote
So, I take it Summer Wars will only be in theaters dubbed, if the dub director is talking about it? Bye-bye my ticket, I'll get the DVD.

And no simulcasts announced? Okay, this season (if the reviews are at all accurate) has been rather bleak compared to the spring, but I expected at least one series might be mentioned. Ah well, Kuregehime in 5 days, I'll see whether it stands up to the noitaminA legacy.
Otaku Teahouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
So, I take it Summer Wars will only be in theaters dubbed, if the dub director is talking about it? Bye-bye my ticket, I'll get the DVD.

Judging from past Funimation theater experience, it will 90% likely be subbed, especially since it will be playing at arthouse theaters where they put more following on original language. If it had been a theater run with Fathom events, then they most likely would have to finish the dub first, but seeing as they've only just announced the english cast, with the time frame available, there's no way that theater run will be dubbed. They may premiere the dub at a convention, but I don't think they can finish it in a month.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
How extremely restrained for a Funimation panel. I'm surprised there was no mention of even one streaming license. No mention even of the upcoming NoitaminA title.

I wonder why no one is streaming Hakuoki. I would think Funimation would get this since their big fujoshi win with Hetalia.
Too bad nobody at the panel thought to ask whether the almost complete lack of announcements implied that Navarre has a buyer on the line and Funimation wants to make their big streaming slate announcement at the same time as the buyer is made public?

Unlikely? Perhaps, but it would have been a great question.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also hitting this spring is FUNimation's release of FLCL on Blu-Ray and DVD.
Well, at least we got a release date... Another series I need to get on DVD (or maybe Blu-Ray when I get my PS3 this year) next year! Very Happy
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, spring can't get here soon enough for that Blu-Ray release of FLCL. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4