• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kamikazecon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrnPsychoDragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Funimation announced that "98% of the original cast" of the Tenchi Muyo OVAs have returned to work on Tenchi Muyo OVA 3, but declined to go into specifics of who did not return.

I dont know if anyone mentioned this already but, the person not coming back is Petrea Burchard (Ryoko). Funny how they dont want to say, mainly because they know 98% of the fan base would be angry about this.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
GrnPsychoDragon wrote:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already but, the person not coming back is Petrea Burchard (Ryoko). Funny how they don't want to say, mainly because they know 98% of the fan base would be angry about this.

One would have to ask how you know this? Especially considering it hasn't been announced yet and I doubt you could get someone at FUNi to tell you. No offence, I just like to have a bit of explanation or evidence when it comes to such things.
GrnPsychoDragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:

One would have to ask how you know this?

None taken, I don't blame you. Petrea Burchard told me herself, through email. She stated to me before the Con announcement that they had approached her but they could not come to a deal and she would not be returning for Tenchi OVA 3. Now, it's possible she could have lied to keep the suspense. But, Funimations quietness about who isn't returning leads me to believe it's true. It really is a heavy loss for English Dub Tenchi fans.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quote
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn would be a sufficent sub. Now do I think she'll be in it? No. I'll live, anyway.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:14 am Reply with quote
Jo-anne Maclinnes would have made a great replacment. She was the voice of Ella Ragu in "Shadow Skill", which sounded so like Ryouko that I asked Ms. Burchard if it was her under a different name. It wasn't of course. but it was hard to tell the difference.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3