Forum - View topic
NEWS: Votoms Videos, New Shinbo/Shaft Anime Image Posted




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 8445

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I love VOTOMS, best robot anime there is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeanGreen



Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 323
Location: New England

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Look at that silhouette. Clearly a Princess Tutu spin-off, folks.

In all seriousness, it does look like some sort of dancer's outfit, what with the bows on the shoes and whatnot. I'm at least curious to see what it's about, even if Shinbo isn't exactly my favorite director.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
XXghostface



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Is Case;Irvine and Finder consider a spin off or Alternative timelines because the character design look different and no Chirico Cuvie in it??? I hope there not trying to expand it by making Alternative timelines animes like gundam.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bakabakadeshi



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
i believe MAGICAL GIRL is the title of the anime where that silhouette is from. i heard from somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 8445

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
XXghostface wrote:
Is Case;Irvine and Finder consider a spin off or Alternative timelines because the character design look different and no Chirico Cuvie in it??? I hope there not trying to expand it by making Alternative timelines animes like gundam.


Probably a side-story, just like Mellowlink.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaioshin_Sama



Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
Well that PV for Case;Irvine put to rest any worries I might have had based on it's new character designs by Studio 6. It looks intense.

And as usual with Sunrise OVA's these days the visuals go without saying for all 3 of the new OVA's....but I'll say it anyway....HOLY ****! Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Frazmataz



Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 99
Location: Sheffield, UK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
XXghostface wrote:
Is Case;Irvine and Finder consider a spin off or Alternative timelines because the character design look different and no Chirico Cuvie in it??? I hope there not trying to expand it by making Alternative timelines animes like gundam.


Probably a side-story, just like Mellowlink.


Finder looks like it should be set sometime in the future relative to the main VOTOMS storyline, if the AT designs are anything to go buy...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam Murai



Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 839

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
The characters in Case;Irvine look so much like a genderswap of My-HiME's, it's hilarious (hehehe..."Guy Mai" Laughing). I guess Hirokazu Hisayuki/Sunrise couldn't resist themselves, but hey, at least we get another opportunity to see his great design work at play. I like both that and Votoms, so hopefully they will make a good fit together.

As for Shinbo/SHAFT+Nitroplus, it sounds like it could be a formidable mix, but I'll hold my breath until I see more. If it's "magical girl" or something out-of-left-field, it could peak my interests more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 8445

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Frazmataz wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
XXghostface wrote:
Is Case;Irvine and Finder consider a spin off or Alternative timelines because the character design look different and no Chirico Cuvie in it??? I hope there not trying to expand it by making Alternative timelines animes like gundam.


Probably a side-story, just like Mellowlink.


Finder looks like it should be set sometime in the future relative to the main VOTOMS storyline, if the AT designs are anything to go buy...


I believe they're all set after Phantom and Shining Heresy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group