• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Isshoni Training 026 Bathing Anime to Ship in December

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

But I doubt this will ever be brought into the US. I don't even think Media Blasters could pull that off without getting into some trouble.

Thats why I import.

Emerje wrote:
This is as likely to get stereotypical otaku to bathe as the first one was to get them to exercise. They should make one that teaches something useful like social skills and how to talk to real girls.

Really now... Rolling Eyes
Dop.L

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
So, when the reports start coming in of electrocuted otaku all over Japan, we'll know what to blame...
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
This is as likely to get stereotypical otaku to bathe as the first one was to get them to exercise. They should make one that teaches something useful like social skills and how to talk to real girls.

I knew there'd be a reaction like that, but I did say stereotypical, not "all". I do know better than to lump everyone into the same group, but don't tell me there aren't otaku like that, I know better.

And I stand by the second part. Think of it as a self help video with fan service, I don't see why that would be objectionable (unless you object to the fanservice in the first place of course), I think it would actually be a great idea. It wouldn't expect the viewer to do anything more than watch and listen-- which is probably all they're doing with these other three videos anyway-- and they might pick up something actually useful along the way.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Haters gonna hate.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

I knew there'd be a reaction like that, but I did say stereotypical, not "all". I do know better than to lump everyone into the same group, but don't tell me there aren't otaku like that, I know better.

And I stand by the second part. Think of it as a self help video with fan service, I don't see why that would be objectionable (unless you object to the fanservice in the first place of course), I think it would actually be a great idea. It wouldn't expect the viewer to do anything more than watch and listen-- which is probably all they're doing with these other three videos anyway-- and they might pick up something actually useful along the way.

Emerje

Who cares? You may as well be complaining about McDonald's or something. People know what they're getting when they buy this junk. It serves its purpose.

Also, someone with an Optimus Prime avatar trying to talk trash about other nerds is pretty hilarious. G1 Transformers fans are even lower on the "pathetic, obnoxious nerd behavior" scale than anime fans amazingly. And trust me, its pretty hard to top American otaku.
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA
Can the industry get even more disappointing and creepy? I thought Chu bra would be the pinnacle of it.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* I'm not talking trash about anyone. Rolling Eyes How is saying this series could be put to better use "talking trash". I don't even hate the thing, it's just entertainment like anything else we spend money on. But do you really think people are exercising and sleeping better because of this series? All I'm saying and all I ever said was that instead of pretending this serves a purpose beyond the fanservice maybe it could pitch out a little advice about dating or how to act in public around strangers. You know, the same stuff that you find in those millions of self help books and videos. I'm not attacking anyone, there's a legitimate market for that kind of thing, especially for a group of people that aren't very receptive to being lectured to.

And I'm all for a video where Optimus Prime tells Transformers fans to stand up straight, wear clean clothes in public, and shower at conventions. Gives the rest of us geeks a bad name. *Emerje says with tongue planted in cheek.*

Emerje

Last edited by Emerje on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure the next will be exercising on the toilet. Anime dazed
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Also, someone with an Optimus Prime avatar trying to talk trash about other nerds is pretty hilarious. G1 Transformers fans are even lower on the "pathetic, obnoxious nerd behavior" scale than anime fans amazingly. And trust me, its pretty hard to top American otaku.
Is there any group of fans you don't hate? Confused

You know, when I first heard about this franchise I thought "okay, that sounds kinda dumb."

Then the first Isshoni anime was so successful. After that, I thought "that man is a fraking capitalist genius!"

He goes out and puts this thing together on his own initiative and if I remember right mostly his own money and now he's raking in bucks every time he puts something new out. Awesome. I mean, who'd have thought this thing would work so well right?
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote
As creepy as this series is, you have to admit, its kindof a genius idea.
I mean it makes lots of money and animating it isn't very hard at all (compared to all the other anime out there right now)
like animating the "Sleeping with Hinako" one must've been one of the easiest meals those artists ever earned
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
I'm sure the next will be exercising on the toilet. @_@

Already has been thought of and was made in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aZ3-cSJI8Y

Proof that no matter where you live, invitation will happen. Even if it's very strange.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Did you know that the Isshoni series is great in getting unruly members of an anime club to behave themselves?

Suppose they talk over the show or do some other obnoxious thing, thus ruining the experience for all the other polite members. If you're the club prez, you can give the misbehavers an ultimatum: "Behave yourselves or we're watching Sleeping With Hinako!" If they persist, put on Sleeping With Hinako. That'll smarten them up.
AoiHonou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Gosh, after this there will be "Eating with Hinako", "Drinking with Hinako", and "Twosome with Hinako".

Anything goes as long as money rolls.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:11 pm Reply with quote
AoiHonou wrote:
Gosh, after this there will be "Eating with Hinako", "Drinking with Hinako", and "Twosome with Hinako".

You're totally missing "Watching Paint Dry with Hinako"
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
AoiHonou wrote:

You're totally missing "Watching Paint Dry with Hinako"

Let's not forget "staring at the floor with Hinako" because clearly, that one is the most intense out of all them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3