• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pepsi Nex Zero Gundam Be@rbrick Figures for Sale

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
Wow, what an overly complicated license!

Banda Namco/Sunrise + Medicom + Pepsi

Just the idea of Bandai letting another company use a Gundam mobile suite likeness on a toy is pretty amazing in itself, but to get Pepsi involved is a bit much. Never got the appeal of Be@rbricks, I've always preferred Kubricks.

Why can't our soda come with toys?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mizuneko2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quote
I'm also extremely surprised to see Bandai Namco and Medicom toy collaborating. I think for toy collectors who also have deep interest in video games, this is pretty huge!

BTW: I love Medicom Toy, but prefer Be@rbricks over Kubricks. Idk why! I find Kubricks pretty cool, but for some reason I never buy them. lol They're cool, but why not get a bear(!) shaped as your favorite character/person instead? haha
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I think my appeal towards Kubricks comes from the fact that they usually have a bunch of extra parts and new heads while Be@rbricks are closer to designer toys and you only have one base model with something different painted over it. Frankly I've never really bought into the whole designer toy thing either, especially when it's like that with the single base model and you pay a premium for new paint alone. I think it's a rip off, but that's just me.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1