• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Spin Master: 250 Millionth Bakugan Ball Sold

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
To be honest I never thought this line would last. I thought it was a neat concept, but was sure it would become stale after its first Christmas. Surprised to say I was wrong, the franchise doesn't show much sign of slowing down and still demands a large section of the retail sales floor.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eyre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
However, the life of this line could have been based of drastic sales over the past months. I haven't looked lately, but I know at all the local Target/Kmart/WalMart stores around the area anything Bakugan was 20-50% off (yes Target had them for 50% off). I dont know if that was due to pushing merchandise out to make room for new or what...

Matter of fact, check Amazon now. Bakugan booster packs are going 60% off.

<shrug>
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote
If we're talking in just the last couple months then that's due to retailers trying to get an early start on the holiday buying spree. If you look around prices are being slashed everywhere in the toy aisles, some multiple times over and it's been that way since September. Even notoriously tight fisted Toys R Us is letting some prices drop (though they're letting stores raise prices as they see fit as well). It's going to be a very good year for consumers, but we'll see if it reflects in a good profit for the retailers.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1