• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Movie Teaser Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:41 pm Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
Plus, the animation looks like total crap.
Total crap? srsly? Konishi's track record indicates otherwise.

I think the staff from the TV series didn't come back since they were probably burned out from working for so long on one single show. I'm not familiar with Murata, but whatever. Visually, Konishi's taking the franchise to different level but I hope the script isn't as convoluted as the Conqueror of Shamballa.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Forbidden bond, huh? Are they going to do the inevitable incest thing now?
zerome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow, honestly you guys hear "forbidden bonds" and immediately think incest

dirty minds, dirty minds, dirty minds

remember people what you may think it is maybe totally different from what it actually is.

example: "The death of Naruto"

remember that movie and episode

I think the movie looks interesting, I don't know what its about but hey, its something right.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
OMG WANT. Funimation, get your butts in gear!
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
RestlessOne wrote:
Seriously, though, people will take it out of context and actually believe it supports their pairing. I get making a joke, but...

I can't attest to all the other posters, but that was my point, at least. Bones, be very careful in your choice of words for this series, because the fangirls are insane. I've yet to decide whether the incest bothers me less, more, or as much as slashing barely-pubescent Ed with a man twice his age, though. That's just... no. Shocked

I understand that's why you meant Wink My sentence was more to state my thoughts of "people seriously do this." I can't really tell which bothers me more there, either. Though I find it most strange how...adamant some of the fanbase gets. Like they seriously believe the relationship is subtly happening but only they can see it. Meh.

zerome wrote:
Wow, honestly you guys hear "forbidden bonds" and immediately think incest

dirty minds, dirty minds, dirty minds.

After following Topless Robot's Fanfiction Friday segments and having spent years in the general anime/manga fandom, I find it almost impossible not to think there. Not because I want to, but because I know some people will be. Surprised
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Yay, another non-canon FMA for me to throw in the same pile as the first anime and movie.

It sounds like a big pile of awesome to me. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mizuneko2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Ah! This looks so awesome! I really don't mind non-canon side stories at all. The more FMA the merrier . Plus the animation's ace!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
Well at least my fears of it being a retelling can be put to rest now.

I'm sure Funimation will license this and maybe we can see it by late 2011 or early 2012.

My sentiments exactly.

THe character designs and animation look stellar. I enjoyed the 'filler' of the first TV series, as well as the movie, so I'll definitely be looking to own this.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Interesting news.

The director, Kazuya Murata, doesn't seem to have done too much work as an actual creator but has accumulated plenty of experience as a supporting or assistant staff member, which may indicate that the future of his career will probably be influenced by the relative degree of success of this movie...well, at least if you want to put it that way.

I have no additional considerations or specific objections at this point nor would it make too much sense to comment on anything in particular when only a trailer has been made available thus far.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
The director, Kazuya Murata, doesn't seem to have done too much work as an actual creator but has accumulated plenty of experience as a supporting or assistant staff member, which may indicate that the future of his career will probably be influenced by the relative degree of success of this movie...well, at least if you want to put it that way.

Mamoru Oshii was first really noticed with Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer. Mamoru Hosada started with Digimon and One Piece. Franchise non-canon filler cash-in movies can be a good place to test yourself out. Good luck to him!

Finally saw the clip (it was attached to a certain fansub for a certain TV show) and it looks... well, there wasn't exactly much footage to judge it, now was there? Also, the whole "secret bonds" thing doesn't sound as dirty in Japanese, it was just an awkward translation.
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote
I let out a fangirl squee out loud when I read this article. I'm surprised I didn't jizz in my pants or something!!!

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Next summer?! But I want it NOW!!! Very Happy
Seriously, I've been looking forward to it. "Forbidden bonds" does not mean incest people! Those kinds of things stay in your fanfiction. Laughing

Can't wait!! I'm all fired up for this movie now!!!
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quote
I pray that the Brotherhood movie will kick Conqueror of Shamballa's ass. I would hate to see this final piece of animated work, in the FMA franchise, being a complete let down. Come on, Bones! If your going to milk the cash cow one last time, don't let it turn into sour milk for the fans to consume.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:56 am Reply with quote
Not looking forward to this. It's totally filler. I don't care for filler and I'll be darned if I go out of my way to pay for a movie that's strictly filler.

To me, the animation didn't look any better except for in that initial picture of Ed and the books. The books looked awesome.

IMO, it's a money grab. Strike while the iron is hot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:42 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
machetecat wrote:
Plus, the animation looks like total crap.
Total crap? srsly? Konishi's track record indicates otherwise.

My thoughts exactly. The movie looking different from the series doesn't mean that it looks bad. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rozuchamie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quote
I almost screamed. I don't mind side stories and I don't mind that it wasn't written by the author. I got into FMA from the first series and thought it was the most wonderful thing until I found out about it being different from the manga. xD

In any case... I look forward to it :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4