• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are you also a shipper?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:

In shoujo, there is an alarming correlation between the first recurring male character to pin the heroine against the wall or floor and becoming the eventual romantic interest of the heroine.

So....what?
It just increases the sexual tension all the more because of the physical closeness.

Quote:
Not at all. She is quite demonstrative in her concern for Kouta, both in making sure that he is well-settled as well as moving into the Kaede house when his situation became more complicated.

Have you COUNTED how many times she punches him over the stupidest things!?

Quote:
There's only one 'u' in Yuka's name--a beautiful name to go along with a beautiful girl.

No, there's not because of the kanji in her name and she is the ugliest girl on that show with her wretched mullet haircut. Anime hyper

Quote:
That fandom is rather difficult to ship because Yuki's contenders seem to be a cradle-robbing yandere and a domestic abuser in training. Razz

Zero's not a domestic abuser. >:I

Quote:
There is simultaneity between friendship and romance in a well-written childhood friend--the friendship is often lacking in other romantic options. This is why the childhood friend is appealing--they can and have gotten along together for a long time.

Bleh. It's too removed from reality for me to ship it. I only ship it if the alternate love interest is horrible or if it's the only pairing to ship.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Quote:
Not at all. She is quite demonstrative in her concern for Kouta, both in making sure that he is well-settled as well as moving into the Kaede house when his situation became more complicated.

Have you COUNTED how many times she punches him over the stupidest things!?

who's crazy enough to go and count how many times a tsundere from any show/manga goes and punches their love interest?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

who's crazy enough to go and count how many times a tsundere from any show/manga goes and punches their love interest?

Naru punched Keitaro exactly 22 times during the 14 volume span of Love Hina. Very Happy

.......and Yuuka's not a tsundere. She's just a bitch with anger management issues. >_>

(not that I think Naru's a lot better...but at least she has more than "whining" and "punching" with her character actions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5