• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Are You Considering Buying?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the problem is that School Days is one of those titles wherein sampling the first few episodes is almost useless. You could sample few, like what you see, but that is no guarantee you'll be onboard with the whole thing. Alternatively, you could not like the first few yet, if you did persevere, absolutely love the title. For myself, I was meh on the first few eppies but ended up being profoundly glad I stuck it out. Adored the ending. Maybe one of the most satisfying ones I've ever seen in anime. Keep in mind that I'm fairly twisted.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
So, I was counting, and it looks like the next post should be on page 116...

ANIME LIST

2015 Priority Purchases List wrote:
  • Aniplex: Kill la Kill vol. 3, 4, 5
  • Crunchyroll: Anime Annual Subscription
  • Funimation: Free! Season 2 (ordered), Nobunagun
  • Sentai: The World Is Still Beautiful (ordered)
  • Siren Visual: Monster
  • Viz: Sailor Moon R part 2, Sailor Moon S
  • Warner: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (ordered)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANIME PURCHASES LIST:

Notes: (Pre-orders) (Purchased) (Lower purchase priority) (Stream / rent) (Sold / gave away)

Anime Eigo
(Yawara!)
(Kimagure Orange Road)

------

Aniplex of America
1. Kill la Kill vol. 3-5
2. Mushi-Shi -Next Passage- (3/22/2014 license announcement)
(Baccano! (BD), Kill la Kill LE vol. 1-2 (BD), Madoka Magica the Movie Collector's Edition (Import) (BD), Madoka Magica the Movie Rebellion Collector's Edition (Import) (BD), Puella Magi Madoka Magica LE (BD))
(Gurren Lagann (BD), Kara no Kyoukai, Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal)
(Mekakucity Actors, Nanana's Buried Treasure, Samurai Flamenco, Your Lie in April)

------

Bandai Entertainment
(Banner of the Stars, Banner of the Stars II, The Big O, The Big O II, Crest of the Stars, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Fantastic Children, Flag, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Gurren Lagann, Infinite Ryvius, Outlaw Star, Planetes, Scrapped Princess)
(.hack//sign, 5cm/Sec, Argento Soma, Hayate the Combat Butler, Junkers Come Here, My-Hime, My-Otome, Silent Mobius, Toward the Terra)

------

Bandai Visual USA
(Patlabor: The Movie, Patlabor 2: The Movie)
(Gunbuster, Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise)

------

Buena Vista (Disney)
1. Spirited Away (BD)
2. Porco Rosso
3. My Neighbor Totoro
(Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind (BD), Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Whisper of the Heart (BD), Whisper of the Heart)

------

Central Park Media (U.S. Manga Corps branch)
(Grave of the Fireflies, Now and Then Here and There, Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, They Were 11)
(Garzey's Wing, Votoms)

------

Discotek Media (Eastern Star)
1. Library Wars (4/7/2015 license announcement)
2. Magic Knights Rayearth (BD) (11/21/2014 license announcement)
3. FREE! Season 1
4. Descendants of Darkness (Due 9/29/2015)
5. Adieu Galaxy Express 999
6. Night on the Galactic Railroad
(Bokurano, Cardcaptor Sakura movie (BD), Galaxy Express 999, Love Com)
(Demon City Shinjuku, DNAngel, GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka, Iria: Zeiram the Animation, Lupin the 3rd, Mad Bull 34, Ronin Warriors, Samurai Pizza Cats, Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo, Sea Prince and the Fire Child, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust)

------

FUNimation
1. Yona of the Dawn (10/14/2014 license announcement)
2. Noein (BD) (7/25/2015 license announcement)
3. Nobunagun (BD)
4. Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (Unreleased)
5. Wolf Children (BD)
(FREE! -Eternal Summer- Due 9/29/15)
(Attack on Titan (BD), Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Eden of the East (BD), Fruits Basket, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic! TSR (BD), Haibane Renmei, Kaleido Star, Kamisama Kiss (BD), Lupin III: Fujiko Mine (BD), Noragami (BD), Ping Pong (BD), Princess Jellyfish (BD), Psycho-Pass (BD), Shiki (BD), Slayers, Spice & Wolf S1 (BD), Spice & Wolf S2 (BD), Soul Eater (BD), Soul Eater LE (BD), Steins;Gate (BD), Summer Wars (BD))
(Black Lagoon (BD), Ghost in the Shell: Arise (BD), Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU (BD), Kaleido Star: New Wings, Steins;Gate movie, X TV Series)
(Appleseed XIII, B Gata H Kei, Basilisk, Barakamon, [C] - Control, Chrono Crusade, Claymore, Darker Than Black, Desert Punk, Eden of the East movies, El Cazador de la Bruja, FLCL, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, GARO, Gungrave, Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate, Kurau: Phantom Memory, Michiko and Hatchin, Nabari no Ou, Noir, Oh! Edo Rocket, One Piece, Ouran High School Host Club, selector infected WIXOSS, Space Dandy, Terror in Resonance, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho)
(Baccano!, Heroic Age (BD), Origin: Spirits of the Past)

FUNimation/Geneon USA Agreement:
(Black Lagoon, Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha, Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha A's, Story of Saiunkoku, When They Cry)

------

Geneon USA (formerly Pioneer Entertainment)
(3x3 Eyes, Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card, Paranoia Agent)
(Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales, Koi Kaze, Requiem from the Darkness, Rumiko Takahashi: Anthology, Zipang)
(Last Exile)

------

[AU] Madman Entertainment
(Ocean Waves, Only Yesterday)

------

Manga Entertainment
(Dante's Inferno, Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG, Noein, Rayearth, Redline (BD))
(Dead Leaves)

------

Media Blasters
1. Giant Robo
2. YamiBou
3. Magic User's Club
4. Ai no Kusabi
5. Phoenix
6. Shinesman
(Figure 17, GaoGaiGar, Gokusen, Magic Knight Rayearth S1, Magic Knight Rayearth S2, Moribito, Otogi Zoshi, Rurouni Kenshin, Simoun, Strawberry Panic, Tekkaman Blade, Tweeny Witches, The Twelve Kingdoms)
(Blade of the Immortal, Fushigi Yugi, Kashimashi, Mazinkaiser SKL, Moribito (BD), Squid Girl, Shamanic Princess, Twelve Kingdoms (BD))

------

New Video Group
(Mononoke, Patema Inverted (BD), RWBY Vol. 1 (BD), RWBY Vol 2. (BD))

------

NISA
1. Toradora!
(Anohana (BD), Bunny Drop (BD), Cardcaptor Sakura (BD), The Eccentric Family (BD), House of Five Leaves, Katanagatari (BD), Kimi ni Todoke S1 (Part 1) (BD), Natsume Yuujinchou S1 & S2, Natsume Yuujinchou S3 (BD), Natsume Yuujinchou S4 (BD))
(Hanasaku Iroha, Nagi-Asu, Zakuro)

------

The Right Stuf International

Nozomi Entertainment
(Aria S1, Boogiepop Phantom, His and Her Circumstances, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Emma: A Victorian Romance 2nd Act, Martian Successor Nadesico, Revolutionary Girl Utena, The Rose of Versailles, Shingu, The Third)
(Aria, Dirty Pair, Maria Watches Over Us, Piano, Tyler, Utena (BD))
(Sound of the Sky)

Lucky Penny
1. Tamayura - Hitotose
2. Umi Monogatari
(Sweet Blue Flowers)
(Hyakko)

------

Section 23 / Sentai Filmworks (Previously A.D. Vision)

ADV Films
(Full Metal Panic!)

Maiden Japan
1. Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1/1988)
(New Dominion Tank Police, Patlabor TV series, Vampire Princess Miyu)

Section 23
(Angelic Layer, Blue Seed, Five Star Stories, Ghost Stories, Kino's Journey, Le Chevalier de Eon)
(Nadia)
(Neon Genesis Evangelion, RahXephon)
(Petite Princess Yucie)

Sentai Filmworks
1. Shirobako (11/2/2014 license announcement)
2. From the New World (BD)
3. Legend of the Galactic Heroes (7/2/2015 license announcement)
4. Higurashi Kai (7/2/2015 license announcement)
5. Chaika -The Coffin Princess- (7/4/2014 license announcement)
6. Another (BD)
7. Mardock Scramble 2nd/3rd (BD)
(The World Is Still Beautiful - Due 10/6/2015)
(Bodacious Space Pirates (BD), Colorful (BD), Destiny of the Shrine Maiden, Garden of Words (BD), Gatchaman Crowds (BD), Glass Mask, Mardock Scramble: 1st Compression (BD), Orphen, Penguin Drum (BD), Shigofumi, TARI TARI, tsuritama (BD))
(Girls und Panzer, Ghost Hound, Kids on the Slope (BD), Le Portrait de Petit Cossette)
(AKB0048, Angel Beats!, Book of Bantorra, Chunibuyo, Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth, Hidamari Sketch, Kokoro Connect, Living for the Day After Tomorrow, Mysterious Girlfriend X, One Week Friends, Sakura Trick, Space Brothers, You're Under Arrest)
(Penguin Drum (Part 1) (BD), Utakata, Taisho Baseball Girls)

------

[AU] Siren Visual:
1. Monster
(Chihayafuru S1, Chihayafuru S2, Dennou Coil, Genius Party, Kaiba, Mononoke, Tatami Galaxy)
(Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, Welcome to Irabu's Office)

------

VIZ Media:
1. Sailor Moon S
2. Sailor Moon Stars
3. Sailor Moon R pt 2
4. Sailor Moon SS
5. Tiger and Bunny
(Sailor Moon (BD), Sailor Moon R p1)
(Honey and Clover, Monster, NANA)

------

Voyager Entertainment:
1. Star Blazers 2199

------

Warner
(Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Due 9/22/2015)

~~~~~~

Anime Sols:
(Dear Brother set 1, Dear Brother set 2, Dear Brother set 3)

------

Kickstarter:
(Under the Dog)
(Anime News Nina book, Kick Heart, Time of Eve: The Movie, Town of Salem game (1st & 2nd Kickstarter), Wakfu)

MOST WANTED LICENSE WISH LIST:

Notes: (No English language physical release) (English language physical release but no R1/A release) (R1/A license expired / OOP / incomplete / new format)

Format: Rank #. "Series Name" [ANN ID #]

1. Kyousougiga [15509]
  2. Chihayafuru [12991]
  3. Dennou Coil [6278]
  4. The Tatami Galaxy [11200]
  5. The Story of Saiunkoku Second Series [7868]
  6. Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card [2026] (Bluray release)
  7. Hyouka [13817]
  8. Brave King GaoGaiGar FINAL [2066]
  9. Cross Game [10580]
  10. Nodame Cantabile [7010]
  11. The Beast Player Erin [10291]
  12. Monster [3750] (Complete release)
  13. Yawara! [1325] (Complete release)

Last edited by Crisha on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:04 am; edited 25 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
MANGA LIST

2015 Priority List wrote:
  • CMX: The Palette of 12 Secret Colors
  • Dark Horse: Appleseed v. 2-4
  • Tokyopop: Immortal Rain v. 3, 4, 7, 8
  • Viz: Afterschool Carisma v. 8+, Dorohedoro v. 4+, Library Wars v. 9+, My Love Story!!, Otomen

MANGA PURCHASES LIST:

Notes: (Pre-orders) (Purchased) (Lower purchase priority) (HAHA SUCKER) (Legal scans / library) (Sold / gave away) BOLD (Digital)

ADV Manga
(Chrono Crusade)

------

CMX
1. The Palette of 12 Secret Colors
(Emma)
(Astral Project, Cipher, Madara, Moon Child, The Name of the Flower, The Recipe for Gertrude, Tower of the Future, Two Flowers for the Dragon)
(Musashi No. 9 - it's incomplete AND long)

------

Dark Horse
1. Appleseed (v. 2-4)
(3x3 Eyes (v. 3-8), Appleseed (v. 1), Cardcaptor Sakura, Clover, Eden: It's an Endless World (v. 1-14), Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service (v. 1-13), Magic Knight Rayearth, Translucent)
(Hellsing, MPD Psycho)
(Blood+, Chobits)

------

Del Ray
1. ES Eternal Sabbath
(Moyasimon, Nodame Cantabile, Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei)
(Mushi-shi - you're gonna pay out the nose for volumes 6 & 7)
(Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle (v. 1-3), xxxHolic (v. 1-3))

------

Digital Manga Publishing
(Flower of Life)

------

DRAWN & QUARTERLY
(Onward Toward Our Noble Deaths, Push Man & Other Stories, Red Snow, A Single Match)

------

FANTAGRAPHICS
1. Nijigahara Photograph
2. Wandering Son
3. A Drunken Dream and Other Short Stories
(Heart of Thomas)

------

FIRST SECOND
(Color of Earth)

------

Go Comi
(After School Nightmare, Her Majesty's Dog)

------

Kodansha:
1. A Silent Voice (v. 4+)
2. Princess Jellyfish
3. Noragami
4. Vinland Saga (v. 2)
(A Silent Voice (v. 2-3))
(Codename: Sailor V, No. 6, Parasyte, Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon: Short Stories, A Silent Voice (v. 1), Vinland Saga (v. 1))
(Attack on Titan)
(Cage of Eden, Mardock Scramble)
(Attack on Titan (v. 1), Sailor Moon (v. 1-2))

------

ONE PEACE:
1. Breathe Deeply
2. Ten Ken
(Whispered Words)

------

PICTUREBOX:
(Garden)

------

Seven Seas:
(Girl Friends)
(Bodacious Space Pirates, Kashimashi, Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossoms, Laddertop, Toradora!, Voiceful)

------

TokyoPop:
1. Immortal Rain (v. 3, 4, 7, 8)
2. FAKE (v. 3, 6)
3. Mars (v. 13-15)
4. Tramps Like Us
5. Twelve Kingdoms Novel (v. 2-4)
(FAKE (v. 1-2, 4-5, 7), Fruits Basket, Immortal Rain (v. 1-2, 5, 6), Magic Knight Rayearth, Mars (v. 1-12), NG Life, Twelve Kingdoms Novel (v. 1))
(Dragon Knights, Kare Kano)
(Banner of the Stars, Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Crest of the Stars, Dragon Knights (v. 5), Girl Got Game (v. 1-5), Gorgeous Carat (v. 1), Kindaichi Case Files (v. 1-5), Marmalade Boy (v. 5-8))

------

TOP SHELF:
(AX: A Collection of Alternative Manga 1)

------

Vertical:
1. What Did You Eat Yesterday?
(7 Billion Needles, Sakuran, Twin Spica)
(Chi's Sweet Home, Helter Skelter, No Longer Human, Paradise Kiss, Velveteen & Mandala)
(Apollo's Song, Dororo, The Drops of God, Lychee Light Club, Message to Adolf, MW, To Terra)
(Limit, The Flowers of Evil (v. 1))

------

VIZ:
1. Afterschool Charisma (v. 8+)
2. Library Wars (v. 9+)
3. Love Com (v. 11-17)
4. Banana Fish (v. 1-14)
5. Kamisama Kiss (v. 1-7, 11+)
6. Solanin

1. Otomen
2. Demon Prince of Momochi House
3. Earl and the Fairy
4. All You Need Is Kill
5. We Were There
6. My Love Story
7. Dorohedoro (v. 4+)

(20th Century Boys, 21st Century Boys, A, A', Afterschool Charisma (v. 1-7), All My Darling Daughters, Banana Fish (v. 15-19), Basara, Chicago, Cross Game, Dorohedoro (v. 1-3), From Far Away, Kamisama Kiss (v. 8-10), Kaze Hikaru (v. 1-3, 5), Library Wars (v. 1-8), Love Com (v. 1-10), Monster, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Please Save My Earth, Story of Saiunkoku, Uzumaki)
(Battle Royale, Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden, House of Five Leaves, Kingyo Used Books, Maison Ikkoku, Rurouni Kenshin, Skip Beat!, Video Girl Ai)
(Bokurano: Ours, Pluto, Saturn Apartments)
(Descendants of Darkness (v. 1-4, 6-8, 10), Fushigi Yugi (v. 1-8), Maison Ikkoku (v. 10, 12-15), Ranma 1/2 (v. 1-9, 12-14), Uzumaki (v. 1))

------

Yen Press:
1. Soul Eater (v. 20-21)
2. A Bride's Story (v. 3+)
3. With the Light (v. 7-8)
4. Kaoru Mori: Anything and Something
5. Baccano! LN
6. Spice and Wolf LN (v. 4+)
(A Bride's Story (v. 1-2), Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Soul Eater (v. 1-19, 22-25), Spice and Wolf Novel (v. 1-3), With the Light (v. 1-6))
(Higurashi: When They Cry, Maximum Ride, Romeo x Juliet, Spiral)

Last edited by Crisha on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:51 am; edited 15 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Reminder for those of us that buy Crunchyroll's Black Friday yearly deal and forget to cancel the Paypal automatic renewal in the first half of the year. It's a 360 day subscription and if you don't cancel your membership before it ends you will be charged full-price before the BF deal becomes available again next week.

As for what else I'm thinking of buying... Look down at my "My ANime" link down below. Basically, all of what is under "My collection" was just stolen form my car while I was moving (plus my non-anime stuff), all in albums, ready for a move.
But I had renter's insurance and my agents say I should be able to make a claim... so, hopefully some of that will come through and I can make a start on some giant purchases pretty soon. Start building up the collection again. There's a 250$ deductible but I'm looking at it as a decent price to give myself an excuse to upgrade all I can to Blu-Ray.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
^Omg, all your anime was stolen while moving? I'd have to stab some people really really hard over that! And some of it, like Cromartie High and Paranoia Agent, is out of print now! Sure, some of it is now in cheap, easy to find sets instead of singles (like Simoun and Fruits Basket), which means more money for new things but.... damn, man!

I would suggest getting Nozomi's newer set of Nadesico, that Gekiganger III OVA is well worth it. Might as well get the newer Toradora set too.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
The thief is actually very lucky I am not a violent man. I actually do know who stole it. I discovered that he sold some CD's he grabbed with the DVD cases down the street, less than an hour after he stole it, and they had his name recorded,
But all he had to do is tell the cops is "I bought them from another guy, he's the guy who stole them" and even though his story is actually nearly impossible, as long as there's no direct proof, like witnesses or video showing he did it, they can't do anything. (The store gave the CD's back to me).
He's also lucky I moved to another state, so I don't decide to BECOME a violent man later... I've certainly had some little revenge fantasies.

As for the OOP lost stuff. Yeah, some of it does hurt.
Someday someone will finally have to get around to rereleasing Paranoia Agent, I just have to believe...
R.O.D...
My beloved (but otherwise forgotten) Photon The Idiot Menace (maybe I can find that on EBay?)
It took me YEARS to find Tamala 2010 (Japanese release of an unpopular movie)
I had Night on the Galactic Railroad for christsakes! (of course, I bought it for $5 because the seller didn't know what they had, and the print quality is crap, but still)

There were a lucky handful that were not with those but only a couple of those are OOP and a little expensive. NGE Platinum collection and End of Evangelion.

The only bulkly old one that I have to buy the original release of is luckily cheap now- IF you know the release, you know it's necessary to buy ADV's original "Imperfect collection" of Excel Saga. I'm sure the new release is fine, but they don't have the ADVidnotes extra.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Considering ordering this:

Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl DVD/Blu-ray Complete [aka Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko]... never saw it, but heard good things, and Touwa Erio is a cutie, so...

And since it streets 12/9/14, and with TRSI's 'early' shipping ahead of street dates, I should have it in short order if I order by, say 5PM Monday... this was a pleasant last-minute re-release announcement from NISA that I only just heard announced late last week, so very quick turn-around tie from announcement to street...
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:27 am Reply with quote
keep in mind, there is a regular edition and a limited

only the limited comes with the big box.

if you want Moe, either version is great to have.

I am considering to buy Laura Boedwing Freeing 1/4th
shipping will be expensive and I am not really a fan
but I have already ordered cecilia

spastic minnow make sure u still make a police report
because insurance companies are NEVER your friend
they may try to find a reason not to pay you in the future
I have learned this many times over
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh sure, cops are all over it. responded to the break in and separately to my discovery of the CDs sold to the resale store. The theft is well documented. I like to give this company the benefit of the doubt, they've treated me well in the past and they were the ones who even informed me that I might be insured on it.
In the last couple days I did some cost estimations. the combined MSRP on everything I listed (including non-anime DVD's) came out to a bit over $11,000 and if I were to buy everything back at current prices on Amazon (a combo of new and Marketplace prices) it's about $8400. I sort of doubt they'll even get close to that figure, but I'm lucky I'm getting anything (if indeed I am) and I hope to get back the stuff I most want.

...and one other OOP curiosity... Although I guess it now seems obvious, I found myself surprised to discover that the Azumanga Daioh anime is currently unavailable. How is it that no one's picking that up and stamping "From the creator of Yotsuba&!" stickers all over it?
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
@Spastic Minnow
That all just sounds heartbreaking. Sympathies.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
After all holiday sales and a few Ebay purchases, this is the list I have left of previously owned anime I have yet to replace.

Bold are higher priority (or desired). italicized came in a combo pack and I still have the DVD copies.

Trying to decide what to wait on for better sales, what OOP stuff to buy at Ebay prices, what to not even consider again (S.A., Yumeria)

[edit- already got a bit impatient added strikes to stuff I picked up via Ebay and Half.com]

Alien 9
The Animatrix
Azumanga Daioh

Banner of the Stars
Banner of the Stars II
Best Student Council
Big Windup!
Blue Drop
The Cat Returns
Castle in the Sky
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Crest of the Stars
Cromartie High School
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Dragon Half
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
Excel Saga - Imperfect Collection DVD Set

From Up On Poppy Hill
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Genshiken
Genshiken 2

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Hayate, The Combat Butler
His and Her Circumstances
Howl's Moving Castle
Kamichu
Kiki's Delivery Service
Kite - Special Edition Uncut
Love Hina Movies

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Memories
Millennium Actress
My Neighbor Totoro
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Outlaw Star - Complete Collection

Paranoia Agent
Perfect Blue
Ponyo
Pretty Sammy/Mihoshi Special
Princess Jellyfish - The Complete Series [Limited Edition]
Princess Mononoke

R.O.D: Read or Die
R.O.D The TV
RahXephon
Ramen Fighter Miki
Ranma ½ - Set 1 (Special Edition)
S.A – Special A
Sasami: Magical Girl Club
The Secret World of Arrietty
Spirited Away

Steamboy
Summer Wars
Tamala 2010 (movie)
Tenchi Muyo Movie 1: Tenchi in Love
Tenchi Muyo Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness
Tenchi Muyo Movie 3: Tenchi Forever
Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar
The Wallflower

This Boy Can Fight Aliens!
To Love Ru - Collection 1
To Love Ru - Collection 2
Tokyo Godfathers
Wagnaria!!

Whisper of the Heart

Yumeria - Complete Collection

many years later revisit 10/28/21

Still not owned, but YELLOW means I don't care:
Banner of the Stars
Banner of the Stars II
Big Windup!
Blue Drop

Crest of the Stars
Pretty Sammy/Mihoshi Special (Last of the highly desired)
Princess Jellyfish - The Complete Series [Limited Edition] (half, I still have the DVD's but want to replace the BDs)
Ramen Fighter Miki
S.A – Special A
Sasami: Magical Girl Club

This Boy Can Fight Aliens!
To Love Ru - Collection 1
To Love Ru - Collection 2

Yumeria - Complete Collection

rebought:
Alien 9
The Animatrix
Azumanga Daioh
Best Student Council
The Cat Returns
Castle in the Sky
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Cromartie High School
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Dragon Half
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
Excel Saga - Imperfect Collection DVD Set
From Up On Poppy Hill
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Genshiken
Genshiken 2
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Hayate, The Combat Butler
His and Her Circumstances
Howl's Moving Castle
Kamichu
Kiki's Delivery Service
Kite - Special Edition Uncut
Love Hina Movies
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Memories
Millennium Actress
My Neighbor Totoro
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Outlaw Star - Complete Collection
Paranoia Agent
Perfect Blue
Ponyo
Princess Jellyfish - The Complete Series [Limited Edition]
Princess Mononoke
R.O.D: Read or Die
R.O.D The TV
RahXephon
Ranma ½ - Set 1 (Special Edition)
The Secret World of Arrietty
Spirited Away
Steamboy
Summer Wars
Tamala 2010 (movie)
Tenchi Muyo Movie 1: Tenchi in Love
Tenchi Muyo Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness
Tenchi Muyo Movie 3: Tenchi Forever
Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar
The Wallflower
Tokyo Godfathers
Wagnaria!!
Whisper of the Heart

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:26 pm; edited 6 times in total
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
@Spastic Minnow
Be patient, there will be a new "Free to a Good Home" before the end of the year. It will have some of what is on your list.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
heh, good tip... but too late for some of it.

updated with strikes above.

You're stuck with your copy of Alien 9!
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm considering getting the reprint of Love Live Season 1 Premium Edition, but I'm swithering. Can anyone who's got it already tell me what the book is like and if there's anything else with it?

Pros.
Artbook
Unlikely to be released by a UK distributor
Limited edition

Cons.
Region A BluRay
Artbook not massive
Will probably sell out really quickly so need to decide fast
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
In light of now having access to Blu-Ray format, I'm considering getting the following titles whenever I get the chance:

Nisekoi - False Love
Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home
Love Live Season 1
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
YuriYuri
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 116 of 132