• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Are You Considering Buying?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
@Ortensia
Glass Fleet is decent. There's definitely better in its genre, and worse, but if it looks like it might interest you, I don't see the harm in getting it (especially since it's a cheap and easy to find SAVE title)

As for me, I'm trying to determine if I have enough nostalgia to get Monster Rancher from the Discotek sale. I saw *some* back on TV in the day, but never to a Digimon or Pokemon point by any means. I remember some of the characters' names (and that awesome English intro), but not really personality or plots at all. I think I watched ep 1 and/or 2 on hulu when it went there and was "meh" on the first two eps maybe?
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Touch and Maison Ikkoku Blu-ray boxes and the second season of Ookiku Furikabutte on Blu-ray!

Last edited by Nico87 on Sun May 03, 2015 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
The second series of Oofuri has a blu-ray?!?! I assume that its a Japanese edition?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
The second series of Oofuri has a blu-ray?!?! I assume that its a Japanese edition?

Yeah. Such a shame that it didn't even get a DVD release in the US/UK.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I know Sad, I was hoping that you were looking to grab a US release that had sneeked under the radar. Does the Import have English subtitles?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I know Sad, I was hoping that you were looking to grab a US release that had sneeked under the radar. Does the Import have English subtitles?

No, unfortunately not Sad
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad I will probably add it to the small collection of imports I can't understand a word of. It's frustrated me not being able to own the second series of one of my favorite shows.

I was also going to start importing the manga so I will bulk buy at some point.
Wooga

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
@classicalzawa, Monster Rancher is pretty good. I've only seen a few episodes but they really stood out to me when I was little, like the one where they befriend Pixie, and the one about the abusive worm trainer. (His monster actually dies!)
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I might be able to get my hands on the two Kodocha box sets at a very reasonable price, but I'm just wondering whether it'll be worth getting it since the rest of the series will never be released. Can someone that owns the sets tell me if some sort of conclusion is reached at the end of the first season? (or if it will just leave me pining for more till the end of times Very Happy )
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:
I might be able to get my hands on the two Kodocha box sets at a very reasonable price, but I'm just wondering whether it'll be worth getting it since the rest of the series will never be released. Can someone that owns the sets tell me if some sort of conclusion is reached at the end of the first season? (or if it will just leave me pining for more till the end of times Very Happy )

I'd say its fairly conclusive, it ends its "story arc" of sorts. I'd say if it were the actual end of the series, it would be solid (not perfect, but solid. If I remember correctly, the two main characters dont end up together by the end of the first season, but personally I was in it more for the zaniness and comedy than I was the romance). It ends the way a "first season" season would end, tying most of its loose ends for the season (from what I remember).

The one thing thats kinda sad is there there is a "next episode" preview at the end of the last episode (Ep. 51), dubbed and everything, for a next episode we will never get.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I want to get Mazinkaiser, but can't quite figure out which release has all the eps. Can someone tell me [url=http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/BwMErFL-wrdMrAKi08/browse/item/83331/4/0/0]does this have the complete Mazinkaiser OVA? I know there were two singles, so does this have both? It seems getting it with Shuten Doji is the easiest/cheapest way
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote
Considering getting D-Frag and Yuki Yuna is a Hero. The former, I'm holding off on possibly getting until next month since I'm still on a tight budget spending-wise since I don't have much money coming in from working part-time. The latter, the rather steep price for getting all three Premium Edition sets of the series are keeping me from pulling the trigger on snagging it up.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:04 am Reply with quote
OK, so I'm getting a bonus and I really would like to get NISA's A Lull in the Sea but the BD set and the DVD sets are so different, I can't figure out which way to go.

The dubbed DVD sets together are half the price of the complete set and cheaper than Sentai sub only titles somehow. I love saving money, it's part of my anime hobby.

The show needs to be in HD as it's too gorgeous not to be. But it's not the reason why I love the show, it's the drama from season 1's climax onward. The BD is put on 3 disks but it's still the complete show and not even close to the most I ever spent per episode on an anime. Oh VHS days, you were a killer...

I want to support NIS going in a direction I like even if the idea of a fully dubbed 26 episode single collection first edition is kind of crazy. But so is doing the competing budget half sets.

Personally, I blame the fiscally viable quarter I had. This wouldn't be an issue if I didn't suddenly have the funds available right at the release date. In the end, there's only one question that matters:

BD or not BD?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quote
I'm generally not a "gimme BD or gimme nothing" kind of guy, but I would not want to own A Lull in the Sea on DVD only.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
The show needs to be in HD as it's too gorgeous not to be.

Quote:
I want to support NIS going in a direction I like even if the idea of a fully dubbed 26 episode single collection first edition is kind of crazy.

I think you pretty much answered your own question. Unless, buying the show is going to make you eat cup-noodles for the whole month (and according to you this isn't the case) or you are watching it on an old CRT with no plans of upgrading to a flat screen anytime soon then it seems like a go for it type of situation. Both audio and video are going to be upgrades on BD over DVD anyway that you look at it.

You've also pointed out that you really like this show, so its not like you are paying for something you find just good enough to own. Instead of having separate DVDs everything is in one box which may not be smaller but is cleaner and easier to grab off the shelf imho. I think NISA also mentioned (twitter, FB?) that for the PE they might have double sided inserts for the cases if that matters to you. For me the extras alone make it very tempting and I too would like to support these kind of releases from NISA, but I just didn't quite dig the show as much as others did. So, I think I'll be passing on this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 120 of 132