• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Exclusive FLCL Cover

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
[M!L@rK!E] wrote:
Wow, when I saw that I got extremely pissed. I just recently [about a week ago] bought FLCL Vol. 1 DVD because I couldnt find it ANYWHERE, and I randomly happened upon it. So I thought I was doing the right thing in purchasing it. Now I feel like a moron. Crying or Very sad

Do you know if it comes with the booklet or not? I know they discontinued it in the regular DVDs, maybe they tossed it in this special edition.

We're talking about the manga here, NOT the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
[M!L@rK!E]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
D'oh, now I feel even more like a moron Anime hyper Alright, thanks for clearing that up, I feel much better now =D
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote
That's okay, I'll be lenient on you since you're a newbie Laughing .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Great, companys are starting to publish variant covers. Seems eerily similar to many US comicbook companys before the industry crashed. Probobly won't happen to manga, but I still think variant covers are a pointless idea.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, just what I was thinking. Let's take one of teh dumbest gimmicks of the US comics industry, something that nearly killed the industry in the 90s, and apply it to manga.

I saw this at Suncoast and wasn't sure what was new. Now that I learn it's just the cover, which isn't that much of anything anyway, I relaly have no interest.

-Xenos
midori kou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
TP has always been really corny with their marketing for most of their series. **coughs at Furuba manga book plus the DVD being sold together** It looks visually good, but if they were planing to release a limited version, they should have done it when they first released the series. Going back on it is really a bad strategy at this point unless they had something to back it up. (IE: Character designs booklet, PVC figure, poster, stickers, can badges, T-shirt, etc.)
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:17 am Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
Great, companys are starting to publish variant covers. Seems eerily similar to many US comicbook companys before the industry crashed. Probobly won't happen to manga, but I still think variant covers are a pointless idea.

Paradise Kiss Anyone?
angieness

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
I work at Media Play and I got to see it yesterday in the back room sence the stock for it isn't for another week, and It looks great.

I work at Suncoast and we got them in about a week or so ago, while the cover is nice there is no difference content wise. I looked at the regular and special editions page by page together and while the printing quality is better in my opinion, nothing to write home about.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:26 am Reply with quote
angieness wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:
I work at Media Play and I got to see it yesterday in the back room sence the stock for it isn't for another week, and It looks great.

I work at Suncoast and we got them in about a week or so ago, while the cover is nice there is no difference content wise. I looked at the regular and special editions page by page together and while the printing quality is better in my opinion, nothing to write home about.

I Agree, BTW douse your mangement pay you guys baised on the Replay the store sells over the pay peroid?
[M!L@rK!E]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
[quote="slickwataris"]That's okay, I'll be lenient on you since you're a newbie Laughing .[/quote] Heh, thanks =)

I was at media play today and got a up close look at it, it looks better in person. I already have all the first Vol. Manga, but I may just get this one because of the special edition cover.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2