• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BECK Manga Licensed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:27 am Reply with quote
Hmm a July release, it looked like from the URL I posted in the Manga forum that it would be realsed a lot sooner.

go figure Wink

edit: doh it does say 7/2005.. keep waiting Razz
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:34 am Reply with quote
Will it come with two tables and a microphone? =p
Bulghod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:17 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

THANK GOD i'm not the only one who continuously thinks of that whevener they mention that title. that and in volume 2, they redefine the Sexx Laws
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Bulghod wrote:
GATSU wrote:

THANK GOD i'm not the only one who continuously thinks of that whevener they mention that title. that and in volume 2, they redefine the Sexx Laws

God only hopes.. tho Beck does make a cameo in the first volume.
thecactusman17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean that Tokyopop and FUNimation will get into a licensing war over the anime?

This will be... interesting...
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I know this is old, but Who thinks that FUNI may have the Anime, I only ask this because of Anime Boston and Lances's comment of their Big anouncement.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
I know this is old, but Who thinks that FUNI may have the Anime, I only ask this because of Anime Boston and Lances's comment of their Big anouncement.

Doesn't matter to me as long as I get an R1 DVD with accurate subs Anime smile. But if Tokyopop gets it, I hope they don't make a "tricked out" version for the dub.. Shocked.

Last edited by Tony K. on Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

Doesn't matter to me as long as I get an R1 DVD with accurate subs Anime smile. But if Tokyopop gets it, I hope they don't make a "tricked out" version of for the dub.. Shocked.

I'd be more concerned about them not subtitling songs found in the anime itself - a'la Marmalade Boy. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:02 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
I'd be more concerned about them not subtitling songs found in the anime itself - a'la Marmalade Boy. Rolling Eyes

Hm.. (*nods head twice*) mm, hmm Anime smallmouth. That's another good point. Since a lot of the songs are in Japanese accented English (not to be misunderstood as bad Engrish), it would be nice if whoever subtitled this also did the songs. I found them (the songs) very meaningful, both musically and lyrically, and it would be a shame if other viewers were to lose that aesthetic feel for the series.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:13 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Excuse this old git, but why would this manga come with "two tables and a microphone"? Question
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:46 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
GATSU wrote:
Excuse this old git, but why would this manga come with "two tables and a microphone"? Question

Well contrarty to the anime, there already is a real life band named "Beck" here in the U.S., hence the change of their name to "Mongolian Chop Squad" in the anime (great research on the part of the creators).

And the words "I've got two turntables and a microphone" are lyrics from a Beck song titled, "Where's It At."
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:06 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Well contrarty to the anime, there already is a real life band named "Beck" here in the U.S., hence the change of their name to "Mongolian Chop Squad" in the anime (great research on the part of the creators).

And the words "I've got two turntables and a microphone" are lyrics from a Beck song titled, "Where's It At."
AAh! Makes sense now. Over here in the UK "Beck" is a German Lagar. And if you an "s" on the end, "Becks", it's a short form of "Beckham" for David Beckham, a rather large, as in famous, soccer football player and national hero, depending on who you talk with about him. Wink
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
AAh! Makes sense now. Over here in the UK "Beck" is a German Lagar. And if you an "s" on the end, "Becks", it's a short form of "Beckham" for David Beckham, a rather large, as in famous, soccer football player and national hero, depending on who you talk with about him. Wink

Ha, ha, yeah. There sure are a lot of Becks out there, Beck the U.S. band, Becks the lagar, and David Beckham the football/soccer (if you're in the U.S.) superstar, formerly of Manchester United (I think he's in Madrid now) with his many mistresses that aren't his wife, oops, I mean his uh.., lady friends...

This is why I spell BECK the anime with all caps, cause it's easier to for me to tell them all apart, plus I think that's how it's suppose to be spelled.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Tony K wrote:
Ha, ha, yeah. There sure are a lot of Becks out there, Beck the U.S. band, Becks the lagar, and David Beckham the football/soccer (if you're in the U.S.) superstar, formerly of Manchester United (I think he's in Madrid now) with his many mistresses that aren't his wife, oops, I mean his uh.., lady friends...
Not true, not true. That was all just tabloid tittle-tattle. He's a proper family man with his third son now. Plays for Real-Madrid. quite a big Spanish team. Posh would have his guts for garters if she found out. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1