• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K Anime Gets Sequel Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Anti_Nadalista wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
I wonder if the average Japanese person even know much about that part of American history.

Probably not, considering Shuffle had that whole Kitto Kitto Kaede club.

Why the Japanese should care about Americans reaction?

The world doesn't revolve around you!

That's an odd interpretation of what I said.

The question being raised was if the average Japanese person even knew much about that part of American history. I personally don't think they do just like I don't think the average American knows all that much about similar darker parts of Japan's past (or hell, their ongoing relations with Korea). Nothing I wrote had any notion of whether or not either side should 'care'.

How you can possibly obtain the idea that I think that the world revolves around me is beyond me.
sayan12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Seriously?! Oh dear god.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
azeriraz wrote:
WHY? Damn the fujoshi who made this series a success.

I can assure you that I am not a fujoshi. All I see is a catgirl and a marble loli... I'm sure the panty shots and gainaxing of the Blue Brigade chick aren't meant for fujoshi either.
Kuro and Shiro do make a fun duo however.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Anti_Nadalista wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
I wonder if the average Japanese person even know much about that part of American history.

Why the Japanese should care about Americans reaction?

The world doesn't revolve around you!

That's an odd interpretation of what I said.

The question being raised was if the average Japanese person even knew much about that part of American history. I personally don't think they do just like I don't think the average American knows all that much about similar darker parts of Japan's past (or hell, their ongoing relations with Korea). Nothing I wrote had any notion of whether or not either side should 'care'.

How you can possibly obtain the idea that I think that the world revolves around me is beyond me.

Have you seen the anime "Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu" with the FFF Inquisition?

http://bakatotest.wikia.com/wiki/FFF_Inquisition

Likewise while the Japanese history with Korea is less well known. There bad blood with China, The Raping of Nanking is alot more known throughout the world partly because there has been some pretty high profile films about it.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
PrecisionCrab wrote:
Is this show any decent? Please say it is.

Did you like Durarara? Do you like style over substance?

If you answered yes to either of those, then you'll probably think the show is decent.

DRRR was alright, til it turned to crap at the third arc. Is K kind of like the first two...or the third?

As for your second question...I love Afro Samurai. :3 That ought to answer it.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I've rather been enjoying K. Neko is probably my favorite cat/girl, too, right up there with Hyper Police's Natsuki Sasahara.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
PrecisionCrab wrote:

If you answered yes to either of those, then you'll probably think the show is decent.

I liked durarara but that is not style over substance atleast not anywhere close to the degree that durarara was. durarara has a carefully unfolding narrative I seriously doubt that is the case with K.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
PrecisionCrab wrote:

I liked durarara but that is not style over substance atleast not anywhere close to the degree that durarara was. durarara has a carefully unfolding narrative I seriously doubt that is the case with K.

Having just finished the show I can say that the narrative does have more layers to it than it appears to and there's pretty solid amount of foreshadowing so your wrong on that point. Wouldn't put it at Durarara's level though.
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
That's great! I have yet to watch the final episode, And I agree that 1-cour isn't enough. Razz

It's not perfect but I enjoyed it thouroughly.. Razz Haters gonna hate. Stop whining just because it gets a sequel an the anime you like doesn't. Cool

Last edited by mistress_kisara on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
*shrugs*
Eh. Why not?
As much as I make fun of it, K really isn't "horrible".
But, it does have bad writing. Heck, if Viz released on DVD, I might even buy it.

Dear fujoshi haters,
A. there are three (well, five if you count Kukuri & the class president) females in the series so it''s not just guys.

B. the show was aimed at everyone; it just so happens that there is plenty of BL material for doujinshi & fan art (then again, any show with more than two guys will have a BL fandom; even Kyoto Ani's Hyouka has decent BL shipping)

If more anime means I can possibly get a Kuroh or Shiro figma, then bring it on. Cool
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
PrecisionCrab wrote:

I've noticed that's a big problem with a lot of light novel writers; they just don't think things through enough. It's REALLY frustrating because there is obviously some potential in a lot of light novels, but I get the feeling that they just don't have good enough editors to work with to help them work things through with their stories. I've only watched 3 episodes of K, albeit, but dear BUDDHA was it a mess. They just don't take a moment to slow down and explain anything. That opening SERIOUSLY needed work.
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

"Not the guys with the sheets."

Like Medaka Box a few seasons back, worst anime of the season gets a sequel. Oh, Japan.

And since Sword Art Online is almost definitely getting a sequel, that would make three seasons in a row where the worst show gets a sequel.
daisy23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna rant about fujoshi haters because it's known that K was meant to appeal to both demographics and every series with at least 2 male characters will have fujoshis like it or not.

But K being shallow or not having a decent plot is really false if you've seen the whole series and have paid attention to the visual hints spoiler[like the poster of the Isana temple (Isana Yashiro in Japanese) which already gave away that Shiro made up his name in the first episode].

Remember that K is not only an anime it has two ongoing mangas, K: Memory of Red which is selling pretty good, especially since it's set before Totsuka was killed and focuses on the Homra characters who are always on the background in the anime and K: Stray Dog story which is just Yatogami Kuroh's adventures before the anime; and two novels which were sold out before they were even released, especially K: Red side.

All this material aside from the anime has sell very well and helps you to understand more things, although K: Blue side had some part of its plot still unsolved, probably to sell more novels in the future or for this second season.
gorbal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I am going to gently disagree with those saying it is "Style over substance" Sure it isn't the DEEP anime some of us would prefer; but I enjoyed trying to figure this series out and found it a lot of fun to talk and think about.

I also enjoyed the subtly played character interactions, which I thought were very well done. The humor was right on the money, and it was quite the treat for the eyes, with the exception of a few face-palm inducing in between scenes.

All in all I think it did what it set put to do; produce an interesting and sometimes amazing series with characters that are easy to become attached to (and by much merchandise of).
S127

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
LOVE IT! Quite entertaining, great news to me and it's other fans. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5