• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-12-08

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote
Oh, Kevin. How i can sympathize with your situation.

I pretty much had the exact same thing happen to me. My dad moved my car so that he could mow under it, and what should come pouring from my speakers than the Nanoha S1 OP. He looked at me funny after that for a fair while.

Same thing happened when the mechanic decided he needed some music to work to and helped himself to my stereo and CD's.

And i geuss i dont even need to mention what happens when i stop at traffic lights...
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote
The car that I use is so old that it has a tape player, so no anime tunes in the car for me while driving.

And I'm going to guess that Kevin's not going to be considered for the job thanks to this. And because it's for the tune, not for the volume. Laughing
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote
And this is why I just don't play music with other people in the car, lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh, ouch Anime hyper
yamiangie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Damn radio. I used my laptop for a powerpoint and it was going to be hocked up directly to the tv so after they one of our international students treated everyone to his wallpaper flipped the thing open and changed mine because one of those naked leiji matusmoto ladies is in the corner. Still outed myself an anime fan when I played a youtube clip about DMCA exemptions by HBI2K.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I am quite perplexed to see a depiction of a student anime fan who can afford private transportation. I have yet to meet a person fitting all such criteria.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lowlife187

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote
This could so be my car. My top 25 on my iPod is all anime, Mostly Yoko Kanno, all hail the great Kanno!
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
The car that I use is so old that it has a tape player, so no anime tunes in the car for me while driving.

And I'm going to guess that Kevin's not going to be considered for the job thanks to this. And because it's for the tune, not for the volume. Laughing

You could get one of those MP3-to-cassette adapters. That'll work.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Kevin just can't seem to get a break. Poor guy. His prospective boss did seem pretty impressed with him until the music incident, so maybe he still has a chance.

I bet he doesn't forget to turn off the CD player next time!
GVman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
I am quite perplexed to see a depiction of a student anime fan who can afford private transportation. I have yet to meet a person fitting all such criteria.

It could've been a gift from his parents.

Anyway, I have a habit of doing this with my friends and JAM Project songs.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
It's an American strip. He's an American student Zin5ki. I would never play the radio, or CD when I have unfamiliar passengers. My latest compilation of Hatsune Miku CDs sticks out of the player tempting me to push it in, but I refuse. Thankfully I don't have very many unfamiliar passengers riding in my car so I'm not bothered. But that was a blairing own goal by Keven poor sod.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I've been in a similar situation, but it was a VCR, not a car radio. And it wasn't an interviewer, it was my brother. And it wasn't anime, it was....yeah. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I've been in a similar situation, but it was a VCR, not a car radio. And it wasn't an interviewer, it was my brother. And it wasn't anime, it was....yeah. Embarassed

Oh, that happened to my fiance once, althoug he was the finder. The thing is, he wouldn't have been curious enough to play the tape if it wasn't labeled 'Bob Ross'. Laughing Puts a whole new spin on Happy Lil' Trees... (I still have the tape in my closet. Wink )
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I pretty much do nothing but listen to anime tunes at home and in the car, and on my phone and etc, etc, etc. But I am pretty canny about letting normal people hear it. Not that I have a good rep or anything like that, but with my coworkers, admitting anime love would be suicide. So I've gotten back into normal radio outside of the home for me!

But that feeling is something I'm acutely sympathetic to. Makes me cringe everytime I think about it.
animefan1238

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Lowlife187 wrote:
This could so be my car. My top 25 on my iPod is all anime, Mostly Yoko Kanno, all hail the great Kanno!

Great music of all kinds. My faviorate music to listen too!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3