• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Infinite Stratos, Ghost in the Shell: SAC Promos Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote
Damn, Oshii's style looks awesome rendered in 3D. I hope that's released over there.
Great Rumbler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote
That's the Stand Alone Complex movie, done by Kenji Kamiyama. Mamoru Oshii didn't have anything to do with it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
This should look great and GITS SAC: Solid State Society was a totally awesome movie. I hope when I eventually end up with a 3D tv I'll be able to check this out if they release this on 3D blu-ray here.

I'm loving the battle animation of IS and I like the designs and character designs and scifi world, so while I know it'll probably be leaning more towards school antics which can be good if done in an inspired fashion and romantic comedy which I don't really like all that much, I kinda hope there's an actual story here that they can at least hint a little into beyond the school antics and some mock/tournament duels so that these cool looking battles can have more weight.

I'm still a bit surprised that IS is a winter show and therefore probably only 12/13 eps, this and Freezing I expected to be longer shows when I first heard about them. Looking forward to seeing what it's like.
Dakaran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote
SSS is sold out to me. I don't care if it's japan or the moon because I will buy it >.<!!!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:48 am Reply with quote
I didn't see SSS when it first came out, but I'm tempted to now because of the new material and, quite frankly, a bit of nostalgia since GITS was one of my first anime experiences.

It looks gorgeous as always. I don't really care for 3D, but I see no reason why this series couldn't be an exception and shine even brighter with its help.

C'moooon, English release!
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:54 am Reply with quote
I would have been happier if they made another GITS SAC film intead of SSS. I like this film but I am another now!

Also glad that they are adding some new stuff
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
Yes, I'm all for Ghost in the Shell making headlines (even if it is just a release), maybe I.G. is finally gearing up to actually do that 3rd season of GITS that's always been talked about. Either way, it'd be cool to see SSS in 3D, I wish I was there.

Also I'm still on the fence about Infinite Stratos. As far as I see it the show could either be an awesome action series with great animation, or it could be an over budgeted harem that has nothing else going for it. But I remain optimistic and hope for the first possibility.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
Yes, I'm all for Ghost in the Shell making headlines (even if it is just a release), maybe I.G. is finally gearing up to actually do that 3rd season of GITS that's always been talked about. Either way, it'd be cool to see SSS in 3D, I wish I was there.

Also I'm still on the fence about Infinite Stratos. As far as I see it the show could either be an awesome action series with great animation, or it could be an over budgeted harem that has nothing else going for it. But I remain optimistic and hope for the first possibility.

Well said, totally mirroring my thoughts on both of these.

Dying for a new season of GITS, I think it's been a suitable wait since the second season for a few new advances in production, Kamiyama being refreshed after taking a little break since season 2 with Eden and some down time for the writers to be ready to deliver more brand new stories. I really hope it's in the cards very soon.

Those are my exact views with Infinite Stratos.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1