• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ad Parodies Japan on Climate Change with Spirited Away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I think someone who grew up with message boards in their life designed this.
crayonmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote
This seems a pointless exercise. Whose attention were they hoping to attract?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Ours, for one.
cpanime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
When I saw this article, the first thing I thought was, "Oh, that's just fair use." Then I saw the last few lines of the article about Japanese law and laughed. I hope the Studio gets them in trouble or sues just to teach them a lesson.
H0shi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
This is a retard poster.
BTW, why would they put No-Face there?? That was so damn funny!!!

And to make a film w/ parodies of Spirited Away?? Must watch!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
H0shi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
And to use anime because Japan refused their must-follow-to-save-earth plan was a hit below the belt!!

Hope Totoro (Ghibli's icon) will gobble them all~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Avaaz is just another front group for George Soros. Their last big scheme was to stop Canada from getting a right-of-centre news network, Sun TV News. (They failed.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
XSportSeeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Incredibly stupid.
Not only it's horribly made, below average even for a quick Internet troll shop, but it's also using a Myiazaki movie, which are notorious works of art that always make a point about humankind's wrongful acts towards nature.

Spirited Away isn't that agressive, though you do have Chihiro's parents' atitude when they are invading a supposedly sacred place without a care.

But then you have at least Mononoke Hime, Laputa and Nausicaa... and probably other titles that I still didn't watch which all have some sort of hidden protest in them.

If they want to be taken seriously, at least know about the stuff they are using for a parody. This isn't a parody, it's a stupid troll that only makes the people who did it look like idiots.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:37 am Reply with quote
Wow, another example of Western Culture attacking Japan.

Sea Shepard/Whaling, CNN/Rapelay, now this......what the frell is going on?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:40 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Wow, another example of Western Culture attacking Japan.

Sea Shepard/Whaling, CNN/Rapelay, now this......what the frell is going on?

Calm down they're attacking one person. It's not like this is the American equivalent of Angel Cop
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quote
It's kinda funny to see so many standing up to defend a guy who said global warming is a myth and is now trying to weasel out of international treaties that his country signed.

XSportSeeker wrote:
Incredibly stupid.
Not only it's horribly made, below average even for a quick Internet troll shop, but it's also using a Myiazaki movie, which are notorious works of art that always make a point about humankind's wrongful acts towards nature.

I think you and others missed the entire point. They aren't making fun of Miyazaki or his films. The whole point of this thing, Japan backing out of global treaties on environmentalism, fits in with always make a point about humankind's wrongful acts towards nature.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Avaaz is just another front group for George Soros. Their last big scheme was to stop Canada from getting a right-of-centre news network, Sun TV News. (They failed.)

I heard about that on talk radio (Glenn Beck), but never heard whether or not they succeeded. Its good that they failed to prevent Sun TV from getting on the air.

Besides, global warming is a myth. Even if it does exist, nature balances that out my melting the ice, cooling the waters, and creating a new ice age.

How this works is that the North Atlantic current will be interrupted as the ice melts, no longer bringing warm water up north to places like England, then causing cool down of the northern hemisphere, which snowballs even further as more areas cool off.

Also, trees grow faster when there is more carbon in the air.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mikuru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Tenchi wrote:

I heard about that on talk radio (Glenn Beck), but never heard whether or not they succeeded. Its good that they failed to prevent Sun TV from getting on the air.

Besides, global warming is a myth. Even if it does exist, nature balances that out my melting the ice, cooling the waters, and creating a new ice age.

How this works is that the North Atlantic current will be interrupted as the ice melts, no longer bringing warm water up north to places like England, then causing cool down of the northern hemisphere, which snowballs even further as more areas cool off.

Also, trees grow faster when there is more carbon in the air.

Citation needed.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:11 am Reply with quote
Mikuru wrote:
Citation needed.

Can't you read!? He heard about it from Glenn Beck. Obviously it requires no further support.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:58 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Besides, global warming is a myth.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2