Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Year's Greetings — Anime Style (Part I) [2013-01-01]


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sacto0562



Joined: 12 Jun 2010
Posts: 211

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quote
Looks like A-1 Pictures has been pretty busy lately--Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online, and now Vividred Operation, among several other series.

I'm hoping that FUNimation will announce Season 2 of Fairy Tail soon....

Anyway, Happy New Year, everyone! Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HockeyKamen



Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Posts: 38
Location: St. Lawrence, PA, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote
The Type-Moon website has their 2013 New Years Greeting posted. Rather appropriate that Rider(Fate/Stay Night) is in their greeting for this year Very Happy

http://typemoon.com/​image/​2013_nenga__.​jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ninjapet



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 1475

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
http://roboticsnotes.tv/​common/​img/​home/​main_bg_nenga_s.​jpg

R;N has a little image up, nothing else for any of the sciadv series though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Teriyaki Terrier



Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5689

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Happy 2013 Anime News Network. The Dragon Quest greeting was my favorite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 10519

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote
The dirty little secret about nengajo: Post office employees have to sell (or buy if unable to) quota of 'nengajo'. They hate it.

  • All the same, when you trek to your neighborhood post office to buy or send this year’s batch of “nengajo,” you might want to consider this: Postal employees, says Shukan Josei (Jan 1), have quotas. Each is expected sell a minimum number of “nengajo.” Thousands of them. If they don’t, they must buy them themselves – or else risk a poor job rating and possibly be denied promotion.

    That’s what brought Mori with his bag to the shop in Tokyo’s Kanda district. He is a part-time post office employee. For part-timers, the usual quota is between 3,000 and 5,000 cards. For full-time employees, it’s likely to be 10,000. The going post office price is 50 yen per card – 50,000 yen for 1,000. Mori swallowed the 7,000-yen loss, and will probably do so once or twice more before he’s done.

    “I’ll tell them at the office I sold them to relatives,” he tells Shukan Josei.

    Since when have postal employees been saddled with these quotas?

    Since around 2003, the magazine finds. Two factors were involved – falling sales due to the Internet, and the looming privatization of the then-public postal system.

    “Post office managers wanted to show that privatization was not necessary,” explains postal union official Noriaki Shimomi. “They wanted to say, ‘Look, our sales are going up, we don’t need privatization.’”

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HockeyKamen



Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Posts: 38
Location: St. Lawrence, PA, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
GoodSmile Racing offers a sneak peek at the 2013 Racing Miku mascot for their New Years Greeting. Smile
http://supergt.goodsmileracing.com/​images/​top_image_20130101.​jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
pajmo9



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Lots of nice new year's greetings.

I looks like Sunrise has theirs up. If you go the there main page, 1 of 3 random pics will pop up before it redirects you. http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/​
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thatguy3331



Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1162

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Hey its Utsho!

...y'know? ....from Itsuwaribito? ..... that manga thats just been in stores and no one has online? ....no one?..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tuxedocat
He started itHe started it


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 2124

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
The dirty little secret about nengajo: Post office employees have to sell (or buy if unable to) quota of 'nengajo'. They hate it.

  • All the same, when you trek to your neighborhood post office to buy or send this year’s batch of “nengajo,” you might want to consider this: Postal employees, says Shukan Josei (Jan 1), have quotas. Each is expected sell a minimum number of “nengajo.” Thousands of them. If they don’t, they must buy them themselves – or else risk a poor job rating and possibly be denied promotion.

    That’s what brought Mori with his bag to the shop in Tokyo’s Kanda district. He is a part-time post office employee. For part-timers, the usual quota is between 3,000 and 5,000 cards. For full-time employees, it’s likely to be 10,000. The going post office price is 50 yen per card – 50,000 yen for 1,000. Mori swallowed the 7,000-yen loss, and will probably do so once or twice more before he’s done.

    “I’ll tell them at the office I sold them to relatives,” he tells Shukan Josei.

    Since when have postal employees been saddled with these quotas?

    Since around 2003, the magazine finds. Two factors were involved – falling sales due to the Internet, and the looming privatization of the then-public postal system.

    “Post office managers wanted to show that privatization was not necessary,” explains postal union official Noriaki Shimomi. “They wanted to say, ‘Look, our sales are going up, we don’t need privatization.’”



Sad Sounds like organized crime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
1945113



Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 291

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:

I'm hoping that FUNimation will announce Season 2 of Fairy Tail soon....



FUNimation has half of season 2 already. It's a matter of time for the other half.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArthurFrDent



Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 441

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Megumi H. talks so fast, it cracks me up... I wonder if Japanese speakers have a hard time keeping up.

Thanks for sharing all these by the way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fiamma Of The Right



Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Here's greeting from Blazblue's staff (and Trollzama)
http://blazblue.jp/​
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mewpudding101



Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1380
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
Hey its Utsho!

...y'know? ....from Itsuwaribito? ..... that manga thats just been in stores and no one has online? ....no one?..... Crying or Very sad


Utsuho. And I own every single Japanese volume and read Iinuma's blog every day. That's how big of a fan I am. Don't worry- Many fans exist, ESPECIALLY in Japan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenbyakugon



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 589
Location: Ohio, United States of America

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
Nintendo of America's Nikki sent out a SwapNote note to owners of Nintendo 3DS' wishing everyone "A great 2013!".

Not sure how you'd obtain a copy of this to use in the greeting, but I thought it to be worth mentioning anyhow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Sariachan



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 978
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
Adachi's is adorable and Kishiro's hilarious! Anime hyper


And I want the new Animal Crossing game NOW! I can't wait for the European release! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group