• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
first manga...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helga89

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote
My first manga was Skip Beat! after it I started to read lots of manga^^ so now, I guess I'm mangamaniac^^
Embarassed
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
The first manga I ever read was Inuyasha......
......but the first manga I ever bought were the first 14 volumes of Ranma 1/2.

I soon learned that ANY Rumiko Takahashi series is a HUGE strain on one's finances, so I learned from there to branch out, and read other types of manga too!

Very Happy
TheKuchisakeOnna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote
kamichama karin was my first
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Well the first manga I ever got was the first DBZ volume of the Dragon Ball series.

I got it through a book club, I think.
Poopyhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
My first manga was One Piece and Naruto
karinasesshinuyasha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Zakuro1208 wrote:
Mine was both Chobits and Inuyasha...

I love Inuyasha and Chobits !!!! I completed the Inuyasha volumes a couple of weeks ago and I got the Chobits volumes for my birthday. (23rd feb)

My first manga was absolute boyfriend, it only consists of 6 volumes but I really enjoyed it, I was a bit miffed with the ending but If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you do Very Happy
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote
My first Manga were the Dragon Ball Z & Pokemon Manga series back when VIZ was publishing them like U.S. comics.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe that I've never posted in this thread considering the age of it!

My first manga was the English translation of Appleseed back in 1988, I think it was.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:14 am Reply with quote
My first two manga (I can't remember which I started reading first; though I began the first for probably obvious reasons as it was 2004, and the second one out of sheer curiosity) were Yu-Gi-Oh!, which I'm proud to say I'm still keeping up with at the moment, waiting for Viz Media to begin ZeXal in June, and Hikaru no Go, which I have even more pride than the last in saying that it is my all-time favorite book series, which I'll very likely cherish until the day I die. Anime cry
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quote
Ugh, sadly, I do believe it was Tokyo Mew Mew, which I got back at a time when I was more easily impressed as today I'd call the series average at best. I don't like to admit that was my first series since it was so bad. I'm actually vaguely annoyed that Kodansha reprinted it, it's like a shame from my past sitting on the store shelves.

@Tenbyakugon
Hikaru no Go is probably around my third favorite manga of all time and my favorite shonen manga ever. Twin Spica is another great coming of age story that I would recommend to all Hikago fans. Go buy it now before it's really OOP (for now, we've gotten the preliminary warning that it will be, and to clear up confusion right now, it's 16 volumes Japanese printed in 12 volumes English due to making vols 7-12 omnibuses). Twin Spica is either third or fourth favorite manga series (it can switch places with Hikago for me some days, my first two favs are Maison Ikkoku and Banana Fish if you're curious).
Man, I never would've thought that a manga about a game that I still barely know anything about would be so epic good, I thank my library for introducing me to the series!
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote
My first would be Oh! My Goddess in comic book form. Soon followed by Ranma1/2 and Caravan Kidd all from late 1997.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
My first manga was Chobits. A friend in high school had this strange backwards book and I asked what it was. That was how I fell down the rabbit hole. Here I am, 7 years and nearly 800 volumes later...
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
My first GN was Appleseed, i had 2 issues of the street fighter comic from abut 1992 before that.

been a long time since I started but in fairness my manga collection didn't take off until about a year or so ago when I started buying em over anime, dunno why it took so long as I've always rated manga over anime.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Yotsuba and Kitchen Princess. They were the only manga my Middle School Library carried. So I got addicted to Yotsuba and it's still my favorite Manga to this day.
naniwhale

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
My first manga was the first English edition of Nausicaa of the valley of Wind and Akira when they were in comic format and Akira was in color too which is awesome Very Happy
I learned to read in kindergarten on manga I didn't know it was called manga back then lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7