• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
US Premiere: Oreimo 10: My Little Sister Can't Be Cosplaying Like This

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olivine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Why do I even bother watching this anymore?

The whole thing was just spoiler["hey, lets all walk around in an uneventful fashion for 20 minutes"]. This show turned from 'possible wincest' to 'industry advertisement' so slowly I didn't even notice.

bleh

I wish you guys got Yosuga No Sora instead.
CaptainFalcon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Olivine wrote:

The whole thing was just spoiler["hey, lets all walk around in an uneventful fashion for 20 minutes"]. This show turned from 'possible wincest' to 'industry advertisement' so slowly I didn't even notice.

bleh

I agree with you completely.

Still I prefer this to Yosuga no Sora, since there are too many other girls that seem to want to get things on in Yosuga no Sora and this is much ...softer than Yosuga.

Er, maybe that's not completely, but I agree with you.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I was pretty excited for this series and I managed to get to the first 4 episodes (the delay really didn't help), but I'm now 6 episodes down and this is very frustrating.

Perhaps I should have given more thought to the time of year I'd be watching the stream. It seems every chance I get to "open some time", life interferes and I'm down another episode.

Thus, I have to ask: will this series be around a while after the 12th episode plays? I see no expiration and I'd really hate to miss out because this time of the year is busier than I had expected.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Olivine wrote:
wincest

Excuse me while I go shoot myself.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Olivine wrote:

bleh

Wincest Question When did it turn into Supernatural?

Anyway, maybe things will pick up in the last two episodes...
fxg97873

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm enjoying the show myself quite a bit though. Tamura Yukari playing a parody version of her Nanoha character but with a disgruntled twist is pure win.
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quote
^ Oh good, I thought I was alone in still liking this show. I actually thought this episode was rather nice. Yukari Tamura makes any good show better in my opinion. I probably wouldn't have loved B Gata H Kei as much as I did if it weren't for her.

Here's hoping the last two episodes are good,
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote
It's definitely a fun series to watch if you don't take it seriously. I seen lot worse. This characters and situation are more realistic (not as realistic as genshiken) than other similar series I saw.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:42 am Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
It's definitely a fun series to watch if you don't take it seriously. I seen lot worse. This characters and situation are more realistic (not as realistic as genshiken) than other similar series I saw.

The least realistic aspect of it for me is that neither of her otaku friends are plain, much less unattractive. By all rights, one of them should have been unattractive, or at least overweight.

(For anyone that thinks Saori is plain, you've been fooled by the clothes and thick glasses, and will probably have your eyes opening in episode 11).
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
nhat wrote:

The least realistic aspect of it for me is that neither of her otaku friends are plain, much less unattractive. By all rights, one of them should have been unattractive, or at least overweight.

(For anyone that thinks Saori is plain, you've been fooled by the clothes and thick glasses, and will probably have your eyes opening in episode 11).

Not sure if it helps the case, but what about the overweight contestant in the cosplay contest? Or are only using main characters as examples?
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:58 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
nhat wrote:

Sure being overweight is more common here than in other countries. In kirino's case, she has a more exclusive group so it doesn't look like she'll make more friends than the ones here.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I still like the show. The last episode was kind of annoying though.
DragonKnight76

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote
Another awesome episode! I really enjoy the direction the show is going. If they keep putting good insert songs and ED songs in I'm going to go broke...already ordered the OP single.

Olivine wrote:

I'm not with you on this one...Yosuga No Sora started off well enough with a nice story but after episode 4 it went downhill in my opinion. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch more since episode 5. I'm not opposed to explicit content but I enjoy shows that don't resort to it to keep you watching.

FMAvatard wrote:
^ Oh good, I thought I was alone in still liking this show. I actually thought this episode was rather nice. Yukari Tamura makes any good show better in my opinion. I probably wouldn't have loved B Gata H Kei as much as I did if it weren't for her.

Wish I were able to remember the seiyuu, though in all fairness I haven't seen B Gata H Kei. I guess I still have a ways to go before I am a true full Otaku.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:50 am Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Olivine wrote:
wincest

Excuse me while I go shoot myself.

Good night sweet prince.
Mediaminer77

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
The series is good, but the only thing I dislike is how Kirino is a total bitch for almost no reason anymore and Kyosuke just takes it like a little bitch.

This show isn't total win because both main characters are total bitches.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2