• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Da Capo III (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote

D.C.III ~Da Capo III~

# of episodes: 12
Genres: Drama, Romance, School

Episode 1
I just watched the preaired episode and it seemed alright. I had to face palm myself during some of the scenes like the beginning ones in the classroom and later one at night time. The sakura tree returns as a theme in this series as well so that's some nostalgia there.

spoiler[I also think that's Sakura towards the ending there.] Anyways, nice to see the characters and everything come together so far. Not too much happened but I can't wait to see more.

[Mod Edit: Fixed your link as it was pointing to "Ogon Bat". - Keonyn]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote
haven't watched it yet, but was there an indication of how much time had passed between the end of the second season of Da Capo II and the start of D.C. III
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:14 am Reply with quote
I have very low expectations for this because I hate the source material. I would be shocked if the adaption is any better, but I plan on following reactions from fans.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Not a great start to the show, but it's a start. far too much focus on the hair decorations for each girl. unless I'm remembering things wrong, there does seem to be some minor continuity issues. I though the the un-withering sakura tree spoiler[disappeared when it brought Yoshiyuki back into existence] at the end of DC II season 2. I know it's only the first episode, but I really dont like this version of Suginami. the previous two were my favorite characters but this this one seems like an antagonist. Perhaps that will change later. I might be wrong but it looked like the two TV reporters were spoiler[an older Yume and Otome].
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I watched it and haven't dropped it, but I'm honestly lost as to continuity; I've seen Da Capo and I think all of DCSS and maybe one episode of DCII. When does Sakura show up?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I watched it and haven't dropped it, but I'm honestly lost as to continuity; I've seen Da Capo and I think all of DCSS and maybe one episode of DCII. When does Sakura show up?

Show up in DC2 or 3?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Anything without Kotori is not DC to me.

Really wish Circus would just start up another franchise instead of these great-great-grandkids or whatever these are supposed to be.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
i never really cared for Kotori
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
From what I've seen on reviews that I have read it's got even more T&A and boobs just popping out everywhere.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Wow. this new studio certainly cranked up the fanservice. I'm kinda alright with that, and I certainly like Charles right now. Not sure about Kiyotaka though. He does seem to be aware he has a harem, but he lacks the motivation to break the status quo.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
yay, Utamaru is back.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I thought the fanservice is pretty tame. It doesn't detract from the relaxing atmosphere.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
I thought the fanservice is pretty tame. It doesn't detract from the relaxing atmosphere.

I was just referring to a completely naked spoiler[Charles] in the bathroom. she is pretty huge, but so was Moe. I don't have a problem with it, I just wasn't expecting it
casualfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
casualfan wrote:

I was just referring to a completely naked spoiler[Charles] in the bathroom. she is pretty huge, but so was Moe. I don't have a problem with it, I just wasn't expecting it

lol I forgot that part. It was censored though from what I remember, so can't really see much.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:

lol I forgot that part. It was censored though from what I remember, so can't really see much.

no, the only censoring was a few strands of hair in the front. there was no steam or mysterious light beams to be seen
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4