• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mangirl! (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I just saw the first episode and I don't see any other thread so I guess I'll start one.

Mangirl. It looks like another series of 3-minute episodes with incredibly rapid-fire dialog. The nominal topic is a bunch of girls (must be post high-school because no school is in sight) are trying to start a manga publication without experience.

First episode, funny enough. I am for some reason reminded of Yuri Yuri played 2-3x.

Can anyone say what "White Autumn" refers to? Must be something good. Sounds salacious somehow.

DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:32 am Reply with quote
I checked out the first episode, it seemed alright. Actually I did not even really realize it was rappid fire dialogue, it is much slower than Teekyuu, actually everything is slow compared to Teekyuu. I guess it is the crux of only being so long, I was hoping this would be longer, there seems to be a lot of shorts this time.

Took me a little while after reading some comments to realize how odd the title actually sounds.

I am interested to see how this goes as the first episode was rather negative at their plan succeeding since spoiler[they are expecting such a large loss.]
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 am Reply with quote
I saw the first episode and I liked how the show started off, along with the funny introduction of its characters, I look forward to watching this every week.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:34 am Reply with quote
Thoughts while watching on Crunchyroll:

1) GAH! Another Goddamn 3 min show! Were these always this common in Japan and CR is just pickin up more? Or are more of these gettin made?

2) Oh, I get it! Its not "Man girl" its like "manga girl" squished into one word Anime hyper

3) Eating out division? Ohhhhh myyyyyy....

4) I thought it was ok, but this could have been a full length series. I might keep up with it, but I aint gonna make it a priority
EricJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:50 am Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
2) Oh, I get it! Its not "Man girl" its like "manga girl" squished into one word Anime hyper

Same "OHHhh!" here--I'm guessing it gets translated into "Manga Girls" for the dub
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
It was an alright series for me. I mean, it's only 3 minutes. The title does sound odd but what the hell, I'll just watch this for the laughs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Honestly I thought this show was pretty awful. The characters were the same 'ol boring tropes, and they were trying to cram WAY too much into 3 minutes. This might've been okay at a 15 minute or 30 minute run time, but in three it was just way too rushed and unfunny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3. How did that avoid getting censored?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
there was nothing to censor I guess
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Well we finally fount out what "White Autumn" is. Unfortunately, it isn't spoiler[as dirty as I thought it would be]. But it's still OK.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I had completely forgotten about that. I guess with so much crammed into 3 minutes, it's easy to forget some things. At least they spoiler[sold out] at their booth
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1