• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Winter 2013 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
What? Binbougami? I watched the first episode and a half, read some spoilers for the manga, and decided I'd rather just wait for the Ichiko/Momiji fanart and doujins.

You REALLY need to see a doctor about having those yuri goggles on too tight man.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
I don't know what's funnier, Fencedude calling a show "worthless" without even watching it or dtm42 calling out on others for believing their opinions are facts

What? Binbougami? I watched the first episode and a half, read some spoilers for the manga, and decided I'd rather just wait for the Ichiko/Momiji fanart and doujins.

I wouldn't even have brought it up if dtm hadn't mentioned it (and Nyarko, another show that rapidly wore out its welcome for me)

Like I said, you called the show "worthless" having watched only one episode, when you're the first to say people are stupid for judging episodes based on previews or first episodes

Oh god, having to explain a joke is so lame.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:01 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

Like I said, you called the show "worthless" having watched only one episode, when you're the first to say people are stupid for judging episodes based on previews or first episodes

Protip: I was baiting dtm. I actually don't give a damn about the show other than that it produces stupidly cute yuri fanart.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Protip: I was baiting dtm.

'Dat shit's against the rules bro.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

This thread never disappoints.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:

'Dat shit's against the rules bro.

You think he cares?

Maybe I shouldn't have let myself be baited but at the same time I wanted to defend one of the best Anime Comedies I've seen. Even I know not too many people take Fencey seriously, I wasn't going to just let him falsely describe the show as lacking any worthwhile traits.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I wasn't going to just let him falsely describe the show as lacking any worthwhile traits.

I never said it did. It has one worthwhile trait.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 am Reply with quote
So guys, can we just uh...not be so angry about this? Like, if you like something, that's great! If you don't like something, that's great!

So hey, let's all have our opinions, and express them in polite, civil ways, and respect that others have different perspectives and taste. We're all semi-adults here, right?
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
I never said it did. It has one worthwhile trait.

It's so nice you've found your calling in consuming fan-made Yuri products. But methinks Hypeathon is right and that your goggles are restricting the blood supply to your head. Fanart is not part of or even relevant to the show's actual quality.

lossthief wrote:
So guys, can we just uh...not be so angry about this? Like, if you like something, that's great! If you don't like something, that's great!

So hey, let's all have our opinions, and express them in polite, civil ways, and respect that others have different perspectives and taste. We're all semi-adults here, right?

We're not that angry. Well, I know I'm not. And given that he's baiting me I doubt he's angry too. When you deal with Fencey on an almost daily basis it sort of turns into one of those comedy routines you see on television. You know, where we go through the motions just because that's our shtick.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Fencey

I would prefer not to be called that. The accepted diminutive is "Fence". Thank you very much.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
I would prefer not to be called that. The accepted diminutive is "Fence". Thank you very much.

Call me dtm42, and I'll call you Fence, Fencedude5609 or The King of Sweden. Whatever you want.
Spleen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 am Reply with quote
Is it me or was Problem Children rubbish? It made me laugh a few times, but the plotting was so stilted, and the premise so clunky, that I thought it must have been adapted from a computer game or, worst, a trading card game. I was genuinely surprised that it was a light novel.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:30 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Call me dtm42, and I'll call you Fence, Fencedude5609 or The King of Sweden. Whatever you want.

Fair enough, I generally drop trailing numbers from names unless its specifically requested to keep them. I'm not sure why I included them when I registered here, and I'd definitely prefer them not to be used, regardless.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

I don't really understand the purpose of this. It seems like there is more than enough for you to argue back and forth on without baiting/trolling on something else. I haven't watched Vividred Operation yet myself, but will probably check it out tonight. I ended up liking Strike Witches, but not sure whether the same type thing will work for me twice.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
What isn't explained is why they haven't become wealthy by selling the design of the hoverbike.

It shouldn't have to be explained. For one thing, look where his last major invention that he shared with society got him. Not only that, but even in reality such things rarely catch on because they turn out to be less practical than they are "cool."

There's been numerous flying car prototypes over the years, but how often do you see them in use? For that matter, there's already a real hoverbike prototype, but I certainly wouldn't advise holding your breath while waiting for them to even go into mass production, let alone become commonplace.

I don't think the show is treating the idea as anything different from what it actually is, which is a geeky novelty item. The equivalent in a present-day setting would be somebody delivering newspapers on a Segway, and I doubt very many people would bat an eyelid at that either, especially after seeing them do it every day for who knows how long.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 47 of 49