• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga UK to Release Eva:2.22 DVD/BD by End of June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Previous waiting periods considered, a delay of three months between US R1 and UK R2 releases is quite tolerable.
One can imagine the difference in dates being far greater, and thus one hopes this release does not suffer a similar fate to 5 Centimetres per Second.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why ADV never released 5cm/s here, but the holdups with Manga releasing the DVDs for it have been over problems getting the blu-ray rights - they wanted to release the DVD and BD simultaneously, but are going to have to release it DVD only if they release it at all. Eva is a completely different kettle of fish - any delays will be due to materials issues (i.e. getting the masters from FUNimation) rather than over rights.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TheRussianMeatClob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hope the U.S release date stays the same cause then I'll be getting this for my birthday......Nice!
gtmacc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote
i really want to watch this film here in the uk, it sucks having such a massive wait between the us and the uk getting it.

Looks like i will have to import it, its no wonder uk anime companies do so bad with sales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1