• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV To Release the Place Promised

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Do you think that Other Worlds, a short anime feature by Shinkai, will also see a release on this DVD?
coldfusion5050

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:05 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

I also thought the English performances were just fine; I've watched it several times both ways and think the dub actually has a little more emotional appeal (although it's saddled with a lack of translation of on-screen text).

As for the script changes, I once did a line-by-line comparison between the subs and the dubs. Granted, the English script isn't as tight as it could be, but it isn't that far off. Virtually every scene retains the essential meaning of the original dialogue, and I'd rather have that in a dub than a literal translation which sounds awkward in English.

Darn. You beat me to it. That is exactly my position.

Sure, there were minor script changes, but the overflowing feelings of loneliness and sadness expressed were much better conveyed to me in english than in subs. Afterall, Hoshi no Koe is all about emotion.

But I disgress. I am so excited about the DVD release of Beyond the Clouds. And I really hope ADV does the dub and turns in another magnificient performance like they did with Voices.

hikaru004 wrote:
Do you think that Other Worlds, a short anime feature by Shinkai, will also see a release on this DVD?

I am sure it will if it is good (which is a pretty rhetorical question since Shinkai-san is AWESOME!). I wonder if this one will be finished within this next year. That would be cool.
Dachande

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:42 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:

I would like to see that and Egao released with the DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote
coldfusion5050 wrote:
And I really hope ADV does the dub and turns in another magnificient performance like they did with Voices.

We'll know soon enough. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2