• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreshura/Ore no Kanojo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
All these people talking about who he'll end up with at the end of the series are missing all of the really obvious foreshadowing. It's pretty clear how the show's going to pan out:

Eita eventually unlocks his true memories as the real Burning Fighting Fighter, and it's revealed that all of the girls were Wyverns in disguise, hoping to steal his heart and thus have his power for their own. He slays each of them in a large, explosive fight the levels have the city. Then, it pans out from his house to reveal it was inside a snow globe the whole time, and was all the imagination of a little boy watching anime with his grandpa.

Or, y'know, he ends up with Masuzu. But I like my idea better.
Riddley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Agreed on the ending couple, though I think Chiwa and Ai deserve it more.

I'm personally in Chiwa's camp because Ai, while hilarious, is too emotionally unstable for the relationship to be anything other a fling. Once she has him, he'll stop being interesting for her.

Chiwa has the most investment and the deepest connection. But in the end, like Sakourasou, it's gonna be Masuzu because she's put across as the female lead.

Ep 11 was interesting though..I like how the aunt played them off one another. But the yaoi moment actually made me hear that rubbing sounds Key talked about lol. And yes, it's obvious ep 12 will see Masuzu winning. And it's that which may be the breaking point for me and I imagine Key feels the same way?

If Masuzu loses I will keep watching, but if she wins I think that's me done with the series. No matter how clever a harem show it is, it's still a cliqued, run-of-the-mill boring same-old-same-old anime designed to sell girl figurines to girlfriend-less hikikomori otakus.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm not entirely sure Kaoru is a guy, so that may not have been a yaoi moment
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
That is why I put a slight disclaimer in my post, it could be like that one Rie Kugemiya character.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote
See Eita's aunt perfectly nail the personalities of the girls was entertaining, especially the tsun-girl/dere-girl bit, but I still preferred the show before Hime and Ai showed up. I've kind of realized from the start Masuzu would start falling for Eita for real and would probably end up winning, but the more typical harem-y the series got, the less I like this as the outcome (Chiwa would be first pick, Ai second).

getchman wrote:

Given the genre, this does seem like the more likely explanation, but it comes across as more contrived if you think about it from a realistic standpoint at all, as it would require Kaoru to successfully hide (her) sex while changing for gym class, and requiring no one else who knows the truth to encounter her at or near school.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Given how the Japanese believe that classmates bathing, showering and changing together is normal, it seems ridiculous to think that a girl could masquerade as a boy for long without her classmates knowing. Especially since Kaoru has known Eita for years and vice versa. Have the two never gone to the pools or hot springs together? Do they not change together for P.E.?

Besides, we already have four girls in the harem (ignoring the aunt who was obviously joking), and a fifth girl is unnecessary. So a homosexual option should surprise no-one, as it allows the harem to expand without there being another girl involved, and of course it appeals to the Fujoshi. It also explains why Kaoru hasn't made a move on Eita; it must be hard for a gay boy to be in love with a heterosexual friend. Kaoru is almost certainly a boy, and if the show chickens out from its own setup and makes him into a girl I will be very cross.

----------

Seeing the aunt being able to accurately judge love based on a dubious app and her knowledge of games was a bit far-fetched. The app only evaluates responses and doesn't consider that different girls will prioritise different things in love, or that not every boy will take every line the same way. You can't judge love based on a two-sentence response to a single question, especially without knowing the personalities and preferences of the boy and girl in question.

As for Eita's aunt Saeko using game knowledge, it wasn't well done. The World God Only Knows could plausibly show how Keima could win girls over with game knowledge because it delved into the specifics of how he was going to woo them. It also showed him having numerous issues as he finds that game logic does not match the real world as much as he thinks it does. Saeko just has this ability to judge love with only a cursory explanation given. In that sense she fulfils the older experienced female who teases the MHL and is wise in the ways of love. Except Saeko's knowledge does not come from actual romantic experience but knowledge from games, yet she acts like she knows how real humans act and behave without showing her step-by-step deduction process like we see with Keima.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
right, i get that there is logically no conceivable way to hide that, but stranger things have happened, so until that's proven wrong, im going to consider that a a possibility
Riddley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Seeing the aunt being able to accurately judge love based on a dubious app and her knowledge of games was a bit far-fetched. The app only evaluates responses and doesn't consider that different girls will prioritise different things in love, or that not every boy will take every line the same way. You can't judge love based on a two-sentence response to a single question, especially without knowing the personalities and preferences of the boy and girl in question.

Yeah I don't think she actually used the app to do that. I think she used it as a prop to try and get the girls buy-in. I think that's pretty clearly illustrated in her response to the girls and how the responses matched the girls so perfectly.

Don't think for a moment that his aunt doesn't have each of them pegged to a tee. She knows damn well what's what and I think the series illustrated that beautifully.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Ep 12

Ugh looks my fear of Masuza winning will most likely happen in the finale. Eita's conversation with the little sister pretty much confirms this ending, unless the harem route wins in the end.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Those two were totally overdoing with the "fake" in their fake relationship.
Well, at least this trip-to-the-beach episode was fun.
These kinds of episodes always make me smile.
Probably because they're so typical, but in a good & fun way.
There sure were a lot of emotions in this episode..
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Eita's conversation with the little sister pretty much confirms this ending, unless the harem route wins in the end.

I don't see it that way. It is just as likely, if not more, that it has been revealed Masuzu needed a friend much more than a lover and she has better things to do than torment Eita. She sees herself as an ugly person and if she has taken a notion to improving herself it wouldn't be to pursue a fake relationship. Even if it turns out to have some real basis.

That doesn't mean they have no feelings for each other.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Eita's conversation with the little sister pretty much confirms this ending, unless the harem route wins in the end.

I don't see it that way. It is just as likely, if not more, that it has been revealed Masuzu needed a friend much more than a lover and she has better things to do than torment Eita. She sees herself as an ugly person and if she has taken a notion to improving herself it wouldn't be to pursue a fake relationship. Even if it turns out to have some real basis.

That doesn't mean they have no feelings for each other.

I hope this happens Exclamation
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

I don't see what you have so much against Masuzu, it is pretty clear she is in love with Eita, not to say a bunch of the acts are obvious her being phony. This probably comes from the fact even she does not realize her own feelings, how she has been forced to be a fake her wole life, ironically that trait is what makes me think she and Eita are a good couple. Even if it is not very concincing, Eita seems addapt very well to faking, and may even enjoy iy as evidenced by his chuunibyou.

Masuzu's act has been faltering quite a bit this episode, and Eita focusing on her spoiler[has also been more apparent. Like him protecting her from the glances], and her being worried about how he feels about her.

As for my favourite bits in the episode, it would be Masuzu's cooking stunt, and the confusing (and soft) watermellon bit.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I just believe Ai , even Chiwa, is a better fit. Which is ironic since I should be biased towards a white haired girl Smile. I just don't want a cliche ending is probably the biggest reason why I don't want Masuzu to win.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Meh, kind of a boring episode. I mean, the spoiler[beach setting] was expected along with the spoiler[watermelon bashing game with the common misunderstandings followed by the punishment.]

I guess spoiler[Masuzu is a little serious about their 'relationship'] now huh? I'm guessing this will have a Masuzu end or maybe an open end, depending on how next week's finale will go. Overall, this series has been falling apart imo week after week now in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9