• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreshura/Ore no Kanojo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to finding out what sort of bizarre connection student morals committee girl could possibly have with Eita
Key

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I've read spoilers on that, and all I'll say is that if you already don't like the direction that the series is going as of episode 6 then that's only likely to reinforce your impression. (If you want a more spoilerish hint, think spoiler[Infinite Stratos].)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
^
I know this may seem like I'm covering my ears and shouting "lala lala", but I refuse to believe that. OreShura has been poor lately, so it's not exactly in good health at the moment. But I steadfastly won't even consider the possibility that it will plummet down to the level of that show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking Key was referring to what kind of relationship student morals committee girl has with Eita by referring to the odd relationships that are present in spoiler[Infinite Stratos]
Key

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Yes, getchman is correct. A series has to seriously try to be as bad as that one on the relationship front, and this one is nowhere near that obnoxious. This one actually has some quality writing in places.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

spoiler[Hime is a weird one.
Didn't think she would be so bold when it comes to Eita.
On the other hand, he will suffer for it.
Supplemental summer classes turned out to be interesting.
Looks like he got yet another girl for his harem.
I don't get it. Why are all the girls so hung up on him? He's nothing special.]
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I like the new girl, she's energetic and over the top, but got herself into quite a predicament here. She's also spoiler[childhood friends with Eita's male friend and seems comfortable discussing personal stuff with him, like her affection towards Eita as well as her lie about having a boyfriend.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
yoshiyukiblade wrote:
I like the new girl, she's energetic and over the top, but got herself into quite a predicament here.

... by being a bigger idiot than all the rest of the characters combined, if such a thing is even possible.

Of course once again Eita has to act guilty about something he has no responsibility for. Any rational person -- as he is supposed to be -- could just get up, unlock the door, and say something like "I was trying to sleep could you stop banging on the door? And would you take her with you please?" But noooooo.

So far this is all standard harem comedy fare -- well enough done to keep watching but just barely. Really the thing worth waiting for is to see Masuzu cut down to size. We're probably going to have to wait for Episode 12 to see if that happens.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, the new girl is indeed thick as a plank of wood. Ai is indeed shooting herself in the foot when it comes to love. But she's going one better than Chiwa, who pretended to like someone else; Ai claims that spoiler[she's got a perfect boyfriend who is totally into her (pun very much intended).] And of course she closes down the club that Eita is in; not the best way to endear yourself to the object of your crush (of course Eita is quite happy, but she doesn't know that). However, I have to say the other characters are extremely dumb too. I thought Masuzu was smart enough not to believe in Ai's story but she did partially buy it at first, enough to have to go ask around about it. Chiwa of course bought the lie hook line and sinker. And I think I've given up on Hime ever making sense, she's even more out there than Rika from Chuunibyou. And in the interest of fairness, I suppose Eita should get a scolding for being so utterly dense as to A: believe the lie, and B: not understand that spoiler[Ai likes him despite her undisguised delight at how much he liked her cooking and how they are in the same class together.]

The girls are certainly eclectic, but I'm struggling to feel the love. I also cringed when spoiler[the flashback to the festival happened; childhood promises/relationships] are so bloody overused in Anime. I know we're already seven episodes in but I'm getting tempted to just drop this and be done with it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I liked this episode a lot. Ai is hilarious, and i cant wait to see what else she does. Sure, Eita is an idiot for not seeing the obvious, but Kaoru did make it seem as if he was crushing on her. Very appropriate that Eita set his phones ring tone to the spoiler[Imperial Death March whenever Masuzu] calls.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
, and B: not understand that spoiler[Ai likes him despite her undisguised delight at how much he liked her cooking and how they are in the same class together.]

That's one thing that kinda bothers me in anime. Sometimes it's not clear as to what signals are obvious and what aren't to the characters within the show. You know those situations where they "mutter" things to themselves out loud, only to have the person standing next to them say "Huh? Did you say something?" I think it's just exaggerated for the sake of letting the viewers get the point, but probably isn't as obvious to the characters in the vicinity.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote
^
Except that everyone in the room turned their heads when Ai started screaming with joy, so that negates that theory.

I realise that characters can't hear the background music that we can, which is often a clue as to what the scene is about. And characters aren't as familiar with the tropes as we are. Nevertheless, an average human boy should be more than smart enough to realise that if a girl is always blushing around him, asking others about him and starts screaming with joy when they're in the same class or when he compliments her cooking - the same lunch she gave to him - then odds are she might actually like him. Eita's friend even asked him to pay close attention to Ai's words and how she acts, and to try and discern why she acts that way, but Eita is so bloody dense that he didn't even pay attention to his own mate giving him advice. Characters in Anime should not be so retarded that they have to have everything little thing spelled out for them. Even Masuzu, the most cunning and knowledgeable character on the show, struggled to see behind Ai's absolutely ridiculous and completely obvious lie.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
You're right, I did not notice that she caught the attention of everyone around her, but that's just because she screamed that she was going to go running for no apparent reason, prompting Eita to ask in a classical fashion, "What was that about?" Razz.

I'm not gonna deny Eita's density, that's for sure. It looks like his perception pretty selective. He notices her "scowling" at him, but not her embarrassment or excitement. Whether that's just overly convenient scripting or a part of his actual character is uncertain. I'm assuming it's the former though.
Felioth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:48 am Reply with quote
Fuyumi Ai is already one of my favorite characters! I don't know if it's intentional, but Eita is really dumb when it comes to understand the feelings of those who he is talking to!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:47 am Reply with quote
Episodes 3 to 7

I am likeing this series I guess, would say that the parts I most enjoy are things about dellusion which worked into the whole chuunibyou thing, you could complain about them being similar, or you can find that a positive if you like the message. I think they chose a particulary good voice for Hime for that reason, I guess I have a thing for that blank stare she does at times, I find it rather humorous. Ahh, there is a word for what it is but I can't think of it, I know it was something that is also getting laughs out of me in Mondaiji-tachi.

Well we are getting character for the characters, like why our lead turned himself into the studybug he is, some hints at what is wrong with Masuzu, and a little look of why Hime has turned into a total Rikka. I am not quite likeing how this new girl is turning out though, I can see something really cliche around the corner for her affection.

I can't get enough of the opening tune, Girlish Lover. And lol at his phone doing spoiler[The Imperial March] for Masuzu calling him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9