Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI & FUNimation Shop...
Quote:
Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Textless Songs, Trailers

• BAYONETTA: Bloody Fate (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 90 minutes - $34.98 - 10/21/14
    - http://shop.funimation.com/​Shop/​ShopProductDetail.​ss?​itemid=​93942
  • Quote:
    Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Storyboards, U.S. Trailer, Trailer

• Black Butler: Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Anime Classics) - 450 minutes - $39.98 - 10/14/14
    - http://shop.funimation.com/​Shop/​ShopProductDetail.​ss?​itemid=​92527
  • Quote:
    Special Features: Commentaries (Episodes 1 & 12, OVA 3), Outtakes, Textless Songs, Trailers

• Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 Collection (Blu-ray) - 825 minutes - $44.98 - 10/28/14
    - http://shop.funimation.com/​Shop/​ShopProductDetail.​ss?​itemid=​92531
  • Quote:
    Special Features: Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Kyle Hebert, Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Kara Edwards, Dragon Ball Z: Coming to America, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

• Fairy Tail, Part 12 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 275 minutes - $54.98 - 10/28/14
    - http://shop.funimation.com/​Shop/​ShopProductDetail.​ss?​itemid=​92276
  • Quote:
    Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Video Commentary, Textless Opening Songs, Textless Closing Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailer

• Fairy Tail, Part 13 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 275 minutes - $54.98 - 10/28/14
    - http://shop.funimation.com/​Shop/​ShopProductDetail.​ss?​itemid=​92532
  • Quote:
    Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Fairy Tail Feud: With Todd Haberkorn and Newton Pittman, Textless Opening Songs, Textless Closing Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

• Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 114 minutes - $39.98 - 10/21/14
    - http://shop.funimation.com/​Shop/​ShopProductDetail.​ss?​itemid=​92626
  • Hellsing Ultimate, Vol.9 & 10 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 112 minutes - $44.98 - 10/28/14
    - http://shop.funimation.com/​Shop/​ShopProductDetail.​ss?​itemid=​92533
  • Quote:
    Special Features: Actor Commentaries

• One Piece: Collection 10 - 575 minutes - $34.98 - 10/28/14
    - http://shop.funimation.com/​Shop/​ShopProductDetail.​ss?​itemid=​92283
  • Quote:
    Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Textless Opening Song Kokoro No Chizu, Textless Closing Song Eternal Pose, On The Boat: Behind the Scenes of One Piece with Brina Palencia, On The Boat: Behind the Scenes of One Piece with Eric Vale, Textless Closing Song Dear Friends, Trailers

• Princess Jellyfish: Complete Collection (DVD) (S.A.V.E. Edition) - 275 minutes - $29.98 - 10/14/14
    - http://shop.funimation.com/​Shop/​ShopProductDetail.​ss?​itemid=​92528
  • Quote:
    Special Features: Episode 1 & 11 Commentaries, Princess Jellyfish Heroes?, Go, Sisterhood Explorers!, Tsukimi and Jiji’s Jellyfish Tour, The Princess Jellyfish Field Guide, Promotional Videos, Textless Songs, Trailers

Last edited by WTK on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sohma_Curse
    Bargain HunterBargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
    Strange, Index is listed as DVD only on the page despite the cover art saying blu ray/DVD combo.

Either way, Index, Hellsing, and GitS are definite pickups.
    WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
    ^ Index II is listed as BD/DVD combo @ TRSI.

TRSI links are up: http://www.rightstuf.com/​rssite/​facetedSearch/​?​search=​createdTime:​[​7/​16/​2014 ​TO ​NOW]​ ​AND ​PUBLISHER:​FUNIMATION#​/​?​s=​createdTime:​[​7/​16/​2014 ​TO ​NOW]​ ​AND ​PUBLISHER:​FUNIMATION
    Dfens

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
    If you look at Rightstuf and Funimations product description it says 2 Blu Rays included so we know it's a combo pack. ANN kind of leaked this info early when I saw a banner with the cover image that showed DVD/Blu-Ray about a week or so ago.

But still I don't know if I'll even pick it up since they made us wait so dam long to release the Index series which at one time I was a huge fan.

Plus the fact the first season and all of Railgun seasons 1 and 2 are DVD only kind of has turned me off. Railgun is not as bad looking but Index Season 1 looks god dam awful hardly any better than the fan subs I had back in the day that where AVI before MKV 8 or 10 bit where available.

I know the movie will probably be on Blu-Ray too but that one is just a filler movie so not really worth watching more than once.
    Ggultra2764
    Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
    Debating over whether or not to get Hellsing Ultimate's final two episodes. To my regret, I winded up watching the final two episodes through not-so-legal means as my supposed anime "swan song" to finish the series when I had my big burn out back in April. The series is enough of a keeper for me that I wouldn't want to sell the two sets I got last year.

Speaking of which, where are the other Hellsing: The Dawn special episodes? They included the first one on the second Ultimate set. Confused
    Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
    Oh look, Hellsing 9 and 10. I watched the four Geneon releases, hated them, bought OVAs 5-8 from Funimation, hated them and now I get to hate 9 and 10.

Sold my copy of 5-8 just in time then.
    jmfsilenthill
    Space CowboySpace Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
    I wish Funimation would do an artbox for these last two Hellsing episodes to match the first box. I'm sure that won't happen, though
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
    Akaname
    Enjoying the time of EVEEnjoying the time of EVE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
    Animegomaniac wrote:
    Oh look, Hellsing 9 and 10. I watched the four Geneon releases, hated them, bought OVAs 5-8 from Funimation, hated them and now I get to hate 9 and 10.

Sold my copy of 5-8 just in time then.

Wow, you're just one big "hate" machine. I'm sure the stress from "hating" everything will eventually take it's toll, and the rest of us won't be forced to "hate" your presence here any longer.
    potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
    haters gotta hate, bro
    welcome to the internet
    I didn't choose the troll life, the troll life chose me

Dfens wrote:

Plus the fact the first season and all of Railgun seasons 1 and 2 are DVD only kind of has turned me off. Railgun is not as bad looking but Index Season 1 looks god dam awful hardly any better than the fan subs I had back in the day that where AVI before MKV 8 or 10 bit where available.

patience, grasshopper
    http://www.funimation.com/​blog/​2014/​07/​05/​a-​certain-​magical-​home-​video-​update/​

they sure are trying to push fairy tail out fast
    10 was just released and 11 is coming now and then 12 and 13 in the same month
    Kruszer
    Space CowboySpace Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
    Ooh! Looks like a good month. I'll be picking up:

A Certain Magical Index II Part 1
    Ghost in the Shell: Arise Part 1 (Borders 1 and 2)
    Hellsing Ultimate Part 3 (episodes 9-10)
    Dfens

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
    Well it's good to hear season 1 of Railgun is finally getting a Blu-Ray and the fact that I didn't buy it on DVD. But that doesn't change the fact I got burned once again for season 1 of Index that looked like shit on DVD and if I want it on Blu-Ray I have to double dip and re-buy it. Plus the fact since season 2 of Railgun just came out I have to wait what nearly year and half or two years for it on Blu-Ray.

From now on especially from Funimation if it's a DVD only I'm not buying it, because if I wait they may re-release it or F-it won't buy the dam thing at all.
    Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
    I'm glad there's a re-release now for Black Butler II. I didn't really want an artbox that isn't as pretty as the first season's artbox, plus I wouldn't fill it anyway. :p
    ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
    Evangelion Crisis: Day 212

As a provision for the safe release of Evangelion 3.33, Funimation has demanded restitution from the United Nerddom for damages done by the Kodocha Conflict. At this time, there is no response. Earlier negotiations have stalled due to the UN refusing to incorporate debts resulting from the Heat Guy J program as part of the deal.

Disclaimer: The views and comments written above are not the views of Anime News Network, Funimation, and the Rebuild of Evangelion Production Committee. This is the fake commentary of one bored commenter alone.
    Leland Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
    Soo...think Funi will mail me a generic slipcover for Hellsing Part 2 if I badger them enough? :<

Cause, if they're not gonna include a box with the final set (or at least the option), I'd like to at least have a bit of consistency on my shelf.
    Kruszer
    Space CowboySpace Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:03 am Reply with quote
    There was a box with part 2, that holds the first 2 volumes. I already had 1-4 of the steelbooks, released by Geneon, so I just bought part 2 with the box and I'm just going to use that box's empty space to put Part 3 in instead of 1. Not ideal, but it's a solution. Personally, I would rather have had 6 more steelbooks for consistency.
    Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2