• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! School idol project (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Honoka ended up in a spoiler[bad state and took a while to recover], ... So she is going from the spoiler[energetic girl to totally loseing her drive]

Honaka is the group's soul and she took a couple of hits. This is a good development because she definitely has some growing up to do and this will be the impetus for it. Don't worry, genki girls like her never stay down for long.

I doubt Muse could survive without her, but once she internalizes what is important the soul of the group will be stronger than it was before.
Quote:
How will the last episode go when they are not even in the competition the show is named after?

They will compete next year. (season)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Quote:
How will the last episode go when they are not even in the competition the show is named after?

They will compete next year. (season)

But, no Nico. Crying or Very sad She is arguably one of the characters that wanted the most since she is such a idol buff. And my favourite character.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't worry, they will probably put on a good show and earn some sort of special invitation to the Love Live!
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'd be fine with it if they put on a good final concert for Kotori and then the show skipped to them recruiting after the third-years graduate for the final scene.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Mm, it looks like the series concluded today. That's two idol series from the Winter lineup that concluded over the weekends.

Anyways, I thought this series is okay although I felt the the lengthy characterization of the first few episodes were somewhat of a turn off; not that I mind too much though especially since my favorite idol Niko got a lot of spotlight which I enjoyed watching. Oh that silly little girl.

Regarding the finale, I thought it was okay although I find the drama resolved a bit too fast? Hmm..

Anyways, good finish and this was a charming little gem. I definitely enjoyed its up and downs. I will rate this series as good.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Stark, are you in Japan?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Nope. The subs just came out a few hours ago which was earlier than I expected. Enjoy the songs in this finale btw.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Stark, it all resolved too quickly but then what can you expect from a "friendship conquers all" show like this lol I enjoyed this series. I thought it was very fun and that the songs were really catchy, despite how predictable the show was. I guess I was able to enjoy it because I didn't expect a good story going in Anime hyper Always keep expectations low for these types of shows. It's easier to enjoy that way lol
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

Oh the curse of being released just after the episodes of AKb0048 next stage, Well clearly this show was not as great as Akb0048, but still this was plenty of fun. Nico of course was one of the best things in the show, a body that had the highlighted the childish traits that are liked in idols, but with a personality flip that made a lot of her actions painfully fake, but still a childish that matched Honoka and Rin. Funny facial expressions too, kind of like that character in Kamisama Dolls.

The episode solving its problem felt a little hollow as I don't think that spoiler[Kotori should sacrifice such a chance for] the group. And it was simply solved by spoiler[Honoka running to her at the airport, made her suddenly losing all her nerve]. At least we got one last show of the Muse in their uniforms doing Start: Dash, which is the best song and one that I listen to quite often, good that they also chose to go with their best song.

A sequel season would be nice, but with everything else I have seen finish lately, Love Live is not on the top of my list for more. There was a little bit at the end which seemed to imply that even the top idols thought they were looking at. Overall I would rate the series as Good, "worth watching" seems like a good description as it is better than you might expect, but don't expect to be blown away. Nice music, pretty concert scenes (CG was not too bad) and the shenanigans with the characters could be funny.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
that was great. I was hoping we would get to see the entire group spoiler[sing Start:Dash]. yeah, that seemed a little too easy, but highly doubt Kotori wanted spoiler[to go and leave her best friends]. I'm absolutely certain that had she told them sooner, this little sub plot wouldn't have happened. but it did and I'm totally ok with that since it gave everyone time to readjust their priorities. onward to season 2. giving this a Very Good
casualfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
Nice conclusion to the series. I knew it's going to be a spoiler[happy] ending. I actually like that they didn't spoiler[win the competition] cause that would be too predictable. So the fact that they're spoiler[starting all over] is a nice little twist and a nice ground for season 2.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I agree it was a pretty good ending. I would add:

The high point for me is this episode gave a fantastic exaple of good use of secondary characters, which is too rarely done. I'm thinking of the three girls who decided to take Honoka out to cheer her up. Then the two back-row idols and Nico who kept it going and without whom it wouldn't have come together again. Animes do really well when their minor characters are solid rather than just 2D backdrops, and this is what they did here. They don't have to have a lot of screen time, but the do have to have real personalities and have influence on the story.

The low point was where they spoiler[convinced Kotori to not board the flight.] Along with everone else I liked Kotori and she had a great presence on the stage. However if they cared about her they would want what's best for her, and that would be the opportunity overseas. For themselves, they would have been better off learning how to recruit a new member to make their magical nine. And that would have alleviated any guilt feeling Kotori might have had for leaving. And I thought she said couldn't change her mind just a day before?

All in all, much better than average. I hope there is another season.
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote
I am still thinking this series over and will rewatch all of it soon. Won't know for sure until them. I really got excited about this series after about the fifth episode as it looked like it was heading for being really well done in both story and characters but then it lost steam in the last four episodes. Not sure why, i think they got a bit nervous about the ending, the obvious choice was scaring them and they threw in some downers and rain...not sure if it was as well done or well deserved as the writers seemed to think. I wont spoil anyone and am too lazy to reach for the "hide" button but i was ok with the ending. Nico was btw, my least favorite, indeed she was the only character that seemed forced and like a parody of herself.The rest of them, with the exception of the daughter of the School Head who caused so much trouble were very well done, and fun to learn about and watch.

I am hopeful for a second season with the trials and tribulations of development ..and i do feel from the ending that they hope for this too. Overall very good would be my rating currently with a Excellent for the intro which still perks me up whenever i watch it, one of the best OPs of this genre ever.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:34 am Reply with quote
Well I never gave idol anime a chance, but after enjoying the first episode/movie of Wake Up Girls I decided to watch one. I choose this one because it only had 13 episodes and it wouldn't feel like a waste of time if by some chance I didn't like it. But it turns out that I really enjoyed this series. I gave this a Very Good.

It was good timing that I choose this series because the 2nd season is set to be released this spring. Although I wonder what is going to happen to the three 3rd year students. I assume the next Love Live contest will be held before they graduate.

I hope they showcase A-Rise more in the 2nd season. Their song, Private Wars, was my favorite song from the first season. It sounded like a Kpop song. Something about their dancing is so mesmerizing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:26 am Reply with quote
Love Live! School idol project (TV 2/2014)

Season 2, Episode 1

It is time for the second season and how do we start off? By having spoiler[Honoka declared the new student president] and having a big spoiler[goofy musical scene]. And on that note the animation for the singing/dancing scenes is markedly better than the CG filled first season.

It did not feel like they needed to re-hash everyone's characteristics, which is nice as Love Live does win with its colours compared to what WUG had, in that they are much easier to recognise. Nico Nico Nii!

Apparently the national concerts arespoiler[ becoming Bi-annual or something, unless the people doing the school competitions decided to move the big concerts right near the end of the school year].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9