• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Footage of Wii U Game Demos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quote
those aren't actually games, but tech demos that Nintendo showed in order to demonstrate the capabilities of the system. Still, they're very interesting demonstrations.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Hey, let's make working the controls for video games even more complicated! Great idea.

To be fair, I said the same thing about the Wii controller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I shudder to think how much those controllers will cost though...
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
those aren't actually games, but tech demos that Nintendo showed in order to demonstrate the capabilities of the system. Still, they're very interesting demonstrations.
They were all real time though. The zelda HD, the bird thing. all of them 100% real time ...which means the console will at LEAST look that good...that zelda video is the most beautiful thing I've seen on consoles tbh. It's a bit unfair to compare as it's just one room though.

Shenl742 wrote:
I shudder to think how much those controllers will cost though...

I can't imagine very much...Wii remotes cost Nintendo like 30 cents to make or something , and the tech behind these Wii U controllers are not much better other than the touchscreen and streaming. They can probably make a few of these for a few dollars tops, and sell them at whatever price the choose...I'm guessing 59.99.

It's also not the finalized version though, I'm hoping it will shrink a bit.
Chappers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
They did mention somewhere that only one of the new controllers can be used at a time, so they probably won't sell them separately.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I got some good news if you haven't heard about it:

-Siliconera confirmed that core games like Ninja Gaiden 3, Darksiders 2, Batman: Arkham City will come to the Wii U. I would love to see Modern Warfare 3 (and maybe a port of Modern Warfare 2) to come to the Wii U. Same thing for Elder Scrolls 5, Dark Souls, Dragon Age 2, and Fallout: New Vegas GOTY edition.

-EA has confirmed Battlefield 3 will come to the Wii U. I think it'll be the first Battlefield game to come to the Nintendo console. Also, EA will be supporting that console, hopefully it means Mass Effect 3 could appear on Wii U (if Bioware can make a Mass Effect 2 and 3 combo for Wii U, that would be great).

I'm so happy for Nintendo to make a HD console and I'm happy to see them getting core title. The Wii lack a lot of core title (there was some good one, but I was upset the Wii didn't get the title that PS3 and 360 get like Bioshock, Fallout, Mass Effect, Battlefield), but the Wii U will change all that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
They were all real time though. The zelda HD, the bird thing. all of them 100% real time ...which means the console will at LEAST look that good...that zelda video is the most beautiful thing I've seen on consoles tbh. It's a bit unfair to compare as it's just one room though. .

I know for some of the demos they were real-time, but I'm not sure if the Zelda one and the garden video were real-time. Still, devs have shown that they're perfectly capable of running their stuff on the WiiU's tech. Also, a REALLY cool example of gameplay using the controller to its fullest was Ubisoft's FPS Killer Freaks from Outer Space.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1