• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Memorandum: Rejected Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
What should be added to the enclyclopedia as "Not anime but related" is Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. While not even remotely "anime style" in appearance, today's episode was a parody of Final Fantasy 7.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
"Fred" not "Joe".

And I don't think parody fits the qualifications of the "not_ but related" category.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm beginning to think that this thread should be made sticky since millions of users must know what non-animes they should not put on the Encyclopedia.

Anyways, you know what else I think areaseven should put on his list. Mortal Kombat: Defenders Of The Realm. Sure it has mrtial arts and it's asian-themed but c'mon, people, the Mortal Kombat series was never a Japanese franchise. The franchise was made exclusivly in the U.S.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
I'm beginning to think that this thread should be made sticky since millions of users must know what non-animes they should not put on the Encyclopedia.

Anyways, you know what else I think areaseven should put on his list. Mortal Kombat: Defenders Of The Realm. Sure it has mrtial arts and it's asian-themed but c'mon, people, the Mortal Kombat series was never a Japanese franchise. The franchise was made exclusivly in the U.S.

It's not on the list because no one's stupid enough to attempt to add it on the Encyclopedia. At least not yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote
EDIT: Added Tiny Toon Adventures (TV) to the list, as someone actually attempted to add it to the Encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Jay Navi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I just thought I'd ask this before I tried to add it. Would "Sonic Underground" be good to add? The reason why I'm thinking Sonic Underground is because there's Sonic X on the encyclopedia. And also I've downloaded some songs.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:17 am Reply with quote
Jaadowgg wrote:
I just thought I'd ask this before I tried to add it. Would "Sonic Underground" be good to add? The reason why I'm thinking Sonic Underground is because there's Sonic X on the encyclopedia. And also I've downloaded some songs.

No. Sonic X is in because it's anime, while Sonic Underground is American-produced.
Jay Navi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:59 am Reply with quote
OK. I won't try and add it then. thanks.

*Side note* I wonder if it would be related...maybe?
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:24 am Reply with quote
Okay, time for a little fair warning here. If a title is rejected, don't attempt to re-enter it by altering its spelling. For example, a user decides to add Teen Titans, but can't, as the Encyclopedia has already marked it as "not anime." So the user decides to misspell it as "Teen Titians" or "Teen Tittains." In the end, the user ends up looking like a complete idiot.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I agree with areaseven. Some users may be so stupid that they'll end up putting non-animes onto the Encyclopedia. But he could've added non-animes that weren't sumitted to the Encyclopedia yet onto his list than just the ones that were already sumitted.

P.S. Can we still sumit non-animes as long as they're related to anime?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
I agree with areaseven.

No more "I agree with [insert staff username here]," please.

Riyousha wrote:
Some users may be so stupid

I found this statement amusingly ironic.

Riyousha wrote:
P.S. Can we still sumit non-animes as long as they're related to anime?

No.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Jay Navi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quote
[b]Areaseven[/b]... (or any ANN staff member) I recieved an email from teletoon.com and there was info about a new show "Kappa Mikey". The description says "Follow Mikey Simon as he joins the cast of one of the hottest anime series on TV!"

Also, on YTV, there's a new show called "Team Galaxy".

There's another show coming to Teletoon is called "Di-Gata Defenders"

I'm wondering if they would be rejected if I added them to the encylopedia or not.

(Edited: "Teen Galaxy" into "Team Galaxy")

Last edited by Jay Navi on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Riyousha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote
[Edited because areaseven said it was spam]

Last edited by Riyousha on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Jaadowgg: Are they Japanese? If so, then probably not; if not, then probably so. Regardless, to create an entry you need more information than just a name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
EDIT: Added Kappa Mikey (TV) and Di-Gata Defenders (TV) to the list. Thanks for the heads-up, Jaadowgg.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7