• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tamako Market (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:07 am Reply with quote
Kanna is best girl.

And it's obvious that Choi is the one who wants to be the prince's bride.
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Choi couldn't put off that announcement forever. I bet Tama's dad isn't going to be too happy about the idea..
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
nor will Midori
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
TG72 wrote:

Choi couldn't put off that announcement forever. I bet Tama's dad isn't going to be too happy about the idea..

No good father will be happy to see their daughter leave, especially a father who lost his wife.

The Prince has made his appearance. It was rare to see Tamako reacting like that after her cup conversation with Mochi. Normally she would be dense and just act like nothing was happening. One episode left to solve this bride quest.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Wow Tamako was really trying to avoid the topic, but everyone kept talking about it. I find it interesting that on the outside it may have looked that she did not care, as her friends said Tamako was actually very scared about the whole situation.

Please don't have Tamako get married to the prince. Tamako x Midori, or at least Mochizou.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Obviously Tamako won't marry some one she doesn't know. Somehow it'll lead to him marrying Choi instead.
TG72

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

You never know...now that spoiler[the prince is there in person], they might hit it off. Probably won't happen, but I like that they're making it sound like there could be a chance.

If they wanted to get really bold, they could have spoiler[the prince pick Shiori instead, causing Dera to go on a rampage]
THAT would be a finale for the ages Cool Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale
Overall, pretty meh series. The first few episodes had me interested but the rather blend story as well as the repetitiveness that I felt turned me off. Tamako Market is cute especially with its character cast imo but judging from interest and entertainment, I didn't feel like it achieved it at all.

I will give this series a rating of so-so. Yes, it didn't get a lot of attention. That bird trying to steal the show failed also.

Oh I will miss Choi-chan, An-chan, and the others. However, I will not be missing this show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Eh, it was a cute little time waster of a show. Definitely feels like they had to cut out lots of stuff (spoiler[Tamako getting worked up over all the stores being closed] was kinda thrown in there, like it was a left over from a larger plotline).

I hear the show bombed in Japan so we probably won't be getting more of it. Still, I had fun with it.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Yes I have to agree this was a good time waster. Besides that there isn't much to compliment on. Some of the episodes were boring and sometimes it felt like a chore watching them. Mochi and Anko were the lone bright spots in my opinion. I gave this a Decent. This and most likely Da Capo III will get the lowest grade out of the anime I watched this season.
Zork

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

I enjoyed this show a lot. I liked the characters and the dialog between them, such as when Kanna, Midori and Shiori were talking on the bridge about Tamako's possible leaving. I also thought the series was quite thoughtful in some areas and also quite humorous.

I will give Tamako Market a rating of very good.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
Oh, and anyone else catch Choi putting her hand to her neck? It's covered by that ring, but I bet she has a mole there, which is apparently the mark of a bridal candidate.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Well that is over. I don't want to be negative but Tamako Market did not live up to the expectations that I had of the series. I might place it as less engaging than Hyouka, and nothing compared to KyoAni's Chuunibyou. I partially blame the forced focused on Dera that I never really had any interest in. There were some characters I liked, Kanna was better the more I watched, Anko and Tamoko could be cute. But it never really went anywhere intesting.

I enjoyed the series, but it was not rare that it felt like it was a bit of a chore to watch, didn't grab my attention as much it should have, so I rate it So-so. Not that it was a bad series, just not great.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
If there had been more Shiori I might have stuck with this show. I'm a sucker for cute girls wearing glasses and scarves. But she seemed to be relegated to just a side character so that was that.

The show didn't bomb in Japan but it definitely did pretty poorly, especially by usual Kyoto Animation standards. It's interesting how fickle Otaku are.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for either Midori or Mochizou to win over Tamako in the end. Of course, this is a slice of life anime, though it looks like a second season is inevitable, and we may see a victor there. Speaking of second season, Chuunibyou is going to return for one.

Tamako Market may not be the best SoL anime around but it is fun and heartwarming. Lovable characters and setting. The MidoTamaMochi OT3 teasing sure was enjoyable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7