• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
When is Animax coming to the United Kingdom??

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnrulz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote
after animax coming to Hungary, Poland and czechslovakia they targeted Germany, United Kingdom, Spain and Portgual they came out in those countries in 2007 and 2008 but in U.k the TV channel hasn't come yet and it's almost 2011??? what's going on???? Question
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quote
One would presume that Sony do not have any plans to launch the service in our region, perhaps due to the economic climate coupled with the general limits to the revenue drawn by televised anime over here. Sony have recently shown plans to purchase a slot on Sky, though experienced fans do not expect any anime content to be part of the programming therein.

It would be most dignified for us to be thankful that Crunchyroll provides a decent amount of free and accessible content, instead of holding hope for something implausibly great.

(I presume that this fails to console you, and for this reason it is worth reminding you of certain constants that remain. The "standard means" of watching anime casually still exist, if one is that way inclined.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
johnrulz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:27 am Reply with quote
if Germany have it on sky than why can't we have it.
and secondly animax have said further details emerged on Animax's launch details in the United Kingdom, with Sony Pictures Television International senior-vice president of international networks Ross Hair being quoted by Brand Republic's Media Week as stating that Sony was preparing to launch Animax in the United Kingdom initially as a video on demand service alongside other Sony television networks, with Sony also looking at launching Animax across the free digital television service Freeview subject to new frequencies and slot being available.

but how long is it taking and by the way i'm from Bradford also.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:29 am Reply with quote
Why are you asking this exact same question in two different forums?

Since this forum is purely for responses to reviews, polls, features, and news items, I'm locking this one. Stick to a single forum next time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1