• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vividred Operation (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:02 am Reply with quote
ep.11

spoiler[
ep.11

rest of vivid rangers arrive see rei give feel call the vivid rangers all liars give akane tried to tell we’re not liars while the “crow” watch.

then rei being locked in a room after some test & info dig reveal she from alternate world (DECADE doing) yet vivid rangers are not allow to see rei give all wonder even seeing her place yet wonder why give they want to ask rei & get her story on it.

meanwhile weasel grandpa doing full explain on rei & alone with alternate worlds give generals go like axe’d the rei yet after some think vivid rangers go in & free rei.

yep they did vivid rangers storm the base with rest going you shall not pass while akane get to rei show her we’re not liars to free her & yep all fine rei is ok with vivid rangers.

but here come “crow” give pulled a narutaki’s speech give how world has failed & tell them axe’d the rei but weasel grandpa will not allow cause no axe’d the rei.

cause friendship also count as well for everything give “crow” find it blah go full ANTI-SPIRAL give no blah about give back rei’s world.

so what “crow” did it ATE rei whole in one gulp go full ANTI-SPIRAL/FINE/GIANT CROW MONSTER!!!]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Friendship is apparently as important as food, water, and light. Despite that line being so corny, I was happy about it anyway. I am with the creepy grandfather animated soft toy scientest, they should have went in earlier.

So Akari tried with all her might to get her friendship across, but Rei was spoiler[consumed by the dark entity and turned into a larg angel like beings with multiple black wings]. Why does that sound familiar? LINK
I think the trope name for the spoiler[big form is "One-Winged Angel]", although it has 7 too many for the name to quite fit. The sound it made at the end of the episode was pretty wicked, I look forward to the last episode.

And question: How did they get shots of spoiler[Rei's naked body], and should they really have been up on display?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Damn, spoiler[when that bird/Speaker consumed Rei], I just gasped. Damn, poor girl. I hope that thing gets its justice soon. Seriously, I think Rei has been going too much but I'm glad that she has friends like Akane.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And question: How did they get shots of spoiler[Rei's naked body]
Probably the same way spoiler[the TSA] does.
Quote:
and should they really have been up on display?
But they're of vital importance!
Stark700 wrote:
I hope that thing gets its justice soon.
Given that the crow/raven spoiler[clearly states she's acting of her own accord], I figure it'd be inevitable even if she succeeded, assuming spoiler[her masters even exist anymore](that condition not being could prove very interesting if the writers felt up to it).
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, for a fanservice-heavy fluffy anime, episode 11 was a pretty decent escalation. I would say pretty well done. I'm actually looking forward to episode 12 although it is pretty clear how it will come out. Also it has been clear black-birdy has been lying all along, and I suspect it will be spoiler[overridden by its masters who will somehow get into the action.] The only thing not sure is if Rei gets her world back, which I would give a 50/50 shot at this point.

The raven (not a crow!) spoiler[eating Rei like that] was kind of out-of-place freaky. It kind of reminded me of spoiler[No-Face eating the underboss and the maid in Spirited Away.]

LOL line: "I'll reimburse you!" I don't know why that's funny but it is.

Quote:
And question: How did they get shots of spoiler[Rei's naked body]
Quote:
Probably the same way spoiler[the TSA] does.

Given that she is considered a national security threat and spoiler[eligible for summary field execution] I doubt they would have had any compunction of doing it the old fashioned way.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote
well that was, uh, unexpected.
casualfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote
lol at the naked image. They probably concluded that Rei is spoiler[from another world] because she had no nipples. Seriously, she looks like some creepy child alien with human head.

Other than that and some cliché friendship lines, such a great episode. Episode 11 is going to be epic.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

I chuckled, too. Trying to explain why something is funny is a doomed enterprise, of course, but I'll give it a shot, anyway.

The line is funny because it is humorous that a character, in the middle of a chaotic situation, would actually be paying attention to the physical damage she and her friends are causing. It's cute that she is promising to pay for the repairs that will have to be made. The other thing that is nice about the line is that it fits with her character. She has been portrayed as being the nice, gentle one and she comes from a wealthy family, so her promise to pay for the damage is actually plausible.
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 am Reply with quote
It's actually pretty neat that the crow spoiler[swallowed Rei ] to transform.
The heroes' fusion is hugging and kissing to show love and beauty whereas the villain's is outright gross and violent by simplyspoiler[ eating the other. ] It shows nice contrast between them.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:

I chuckled, too. Trying to explain why something is funny is a doomed enterprise, of course, but I'll give it a shot, anyway.

The line is funny because it is humorous that a character, in the middle of a chaotic situation, would actually be paying attention to the physical damage she and her friends are causing. It's cute that she is promising to pay for the repairs that will have to be made. The other thing that is nice about the line is that it fits with her character. She has been portrayed as being the nice, gentle one and she comes from a wealthy family, so her promise to pay for the damage is actually plausible.

I think that you managed to explain it quite well, actually.

I found that line amusing myself!
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale
If I was judging on story here, this show wouldn't probably be worth too much for me. The repetitiveness of the soundtrack for me was also bit of a turn-off. However, some of the action and the interactions between the girls of this show kept me to watch it through.

For the finale, I thought it was done well but was a bit predictable imo. spoiler[VIVIDRED OPERATION]. Lol, they said the spoiler[title name]. I actually did not see this part coming with the name.

Well, anyways I'll give this a decent rating.

Also, pretty sure that is...who I think most of us can guess at the end there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Judging from the laughs, villains must find something incredibly humorous about gaining supreme power.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

How do you make a last episode awesome? Have the final boss control power to spoiler[destroy the universe, see something like 50 jets fail to beat it, and hen have our heroes decide to plan to use the heroines have a speech that their friendship can save their friend]. And how well did the part where they said the are not alone sound? Follow up with all the spoiler[transformations in the series useing their final attacks one after the other like a throwback to all the best fights, after each one drop the coresponding character out of the fight, but with no time to worry as everything is going to be alright]. I watched this episode on a very good quality video so this was great.

After all spoiler[final attacks] are done send Akane into spoiler[rescue her friend, and just as it looks like a reunion have seemingly obliterated]. But actually have it is shown as a giant spoiler[pink magical energy, Akane and Rei end up in a transformation sequence, but this time it is Akane who is doing the forehead kissing]. And we now have the spoiler[red docking form, with twintails, wings, and whos name is the title drop, Vividred Operation. And what more awesome way to beat a final boss, than fly into the atmosphere and then zooming down and punching it].

With the villain defeated, our heroines now all understand each other, and ready to be good friends, but then there is spoiler[news the godlike entity can restore Rei's world. So on one hand all our heroines are happy that Rei can go back home, but are also sad that this is goodbye, though they decide it is not farewell, but see you later (called that line)]. I can't be the only one who was reminded of Nanoha from this and when spoiler[Rei gave Akane her scarf]. And by the end it looks like the grandfather spoiler[is back in his body, and by that bird, Rei is back for a visit].

How to rate this series? Well the story was sub-par, and sometimes it could get a little rediculous, like the concept of useing young girls. But I really enoyed this, the animation was beautiful, the characters could be fun. The music despite being fairly repetitive was really enjoyable for more, the song Energy is my current favourite anime song, the music never really failed to get me excited. Great transformation sequences, interesting enemies designs, subtle throw backs to other series, and a genki girl main character I could get behind. The fanservice was nice if you like that sort of thing Embarassed, but the last episode did not rely on it, and the series was great for it. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but I will give it a Very Good, right up my ally as a fan of shows like Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Rinne no Lagrange.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
Is it sexist if it's a woman saving a woman?
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote
ep.12

spoiler[
the crow has has gone mad with power going like kaboom all worlds with look everyone is screwed but wait rei is still alive inside the crow beast.

with look like game over but akane & vivid rangers not so fast cause get rei & save the world cause now crow is going blackout the world.

so vivid combine overload from yellow blast attack, sword green slash, & blue hammer time combos for akane get rei & to reveal docking with akane & rei to vivid red with all that fly to space for a let’s see you grit those teeth punch to defeat the crow.

all saved & oh good news that another alone being decide give rei her world back now give some bye & rei give akane her neck scarf with we will meet again cue rei go home.

time has past from everything normal akane’s grandpa back in human body, akane’s mom come home, etc til akane see a bird & rei indeed the end.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 13