• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vividred Operation (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote
It's odd, I couldn't help but watch all the episodes even though I found the series to be quite ridiculous on most points. I had very high hopes for Rei at the beginning but she disappointed by following that whole "I hate you, but if you do something nice for me I'll change my ways" routine that most animes seem to follow. Akane was just...bleh! Don't even get me started lol Wakabe, Aoi, and Himawari were pretty cool though, Wakabe being my favorite. All in all, the series was entertaining at the least, I'll give it a 6.5/10
casualfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Awesome last episode. Despite the predictability, down to the last scene, it's still very entertaining. The music just blends so well with the final battle which makes it quite epic. It's funny how the show breaks its own rules with spoiler[Rei and Akane's fusion despite Rei not having the suit].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this series so I gave it a Very Good. Definitely a high entertainment value for me and some of the most finely sculpted asses in all of animedom. Second season, please.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Did spoiler[vividred] look like some weird spoiler[symphogear] crossover to anyone else? The show was ridiculous, but a fun ridiculous, kinda like Gurren Lagann. I looked forward to this show every week and loved every minute of it. So many unanswered questions but maybe a second season could fix that, if not, no big deal. Thought the uncensored naked middle school girls may get awkward, I'd love to own this. I'll rate this as Excellent
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
The girl that saves the world goes back to delivering newspapers to cover basic living expenses. Works for me.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote
that or it's something that she enjoys doing. spoiler[Mom's back home and gramps is back in his body], hopefully not feeling so ashamed of himself and raking in the dough, so it could be back to a normal, everyday routine.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Eh, there were worse ways I could have used my time. The final monster's form was pretty neat, as were the consecutive transformations.

The biggest problem with the series was always the lack of originality, and related to that, it's hesitation to take any narrative risks. spoiler[Rei gets her home universe rebuilt AND gets to come back and visit her new friends. Because of course she does.]

The premise of the Alone also ended up being pretty weak. spoiler[Super intelligent/powerful interdimensional beings were testing whether humanity was worthy of harnessing the Manifestation Engine. So, why does the crow messenger thing seem so certain everyone should be destroyed anyway, even when they pass? Well, it seems that everyone else has always failed, and this has happened many times before, but the super-beings don't intervene until after Akane & friends win, at which point they go: oops, maybe shouldn't have destroyed Rei's world. Let's undo that.

What? Logic? Consistency? What's that?]

Whatever, I was mostly in this for the pretty colors and magical girls beating up giant monsters, and I got that, so 6/10.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
spoiler[What? Logic? Consistency? What's that?]

I'll never understand the logic of putting that sentence in a spoiler tag.
Quote:
Whatever, I was mostly in this for the pretty colors and magical girls beating up giant monsters, and I got that, so 6/10.

And the butts. If they had a separate rating for that we would have a 10/10 here.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
So, am I the only one that immediately thought of the spoiler[AFOS from Macross Zero when they saw the raven in its monster form]?
Ambehr79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Basically the show leaves me wanting a glimpse into a possible Wakaba and Momo pairing, perhaps later on in the years. Himawari is truly cute, but as for being looked after by Wakaba -- only after the spoiler[hairclip incident] did I really appreciate that pairing.

Not to mention -- why is Akane the only one who gets all the pairings when it comes down to it?! Anime hyper

Finally this is a show where I don't have an urge to yuri-pair everyone up. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 13 of 13