• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Even though Izayoi is arrogant, he still knows his place so he won't spoiler[participate in the gift game because it wasn't his fight]. That was something I didn't expect, as I thought was one of those main characters who wants to fight all the strong characters. So I guess not all demon lords are evil or maybe its just the demon king who is evil. I am still confused at what Gift Cards are. Are they something that makes your powers official or something, but then why was Izayoi's spoiler[gift card an unknown?] Also it was interesting to find out they weren't from the same worlds.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
ep.2

spoiler[so head phone guy as bunny girl really going to reveal she summon them to help save their land area & stop a demon lord yet hearing all in.

while command saying girl make beast guy confess that to reveal he eat children & blackmail other lands to cheat so beat up then challenge to a game later on.

more reveal that 3 of them are from different parallel worlds area so now meet kuroko-shiro give them challenge ride the griffin so animal talking girl do it.

so challenge it on while riding reveal bit of her past give on hospital bed got better & forward now ride win almost fall but she ok.

now winning get their cards gift then arrive no name land see it which got head phone guy challenge is on & beast guy got bite power-up by a little vampire.]

& yea reveal where they came from this guy said it all
Arkov

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
This anime seems like it'll be a ton of fun, based entirely on the characters we've been shown. I cracked up when the two girls were saying they had no regrets, and found myself giggling constantly throughout. Also, the ED was pretty lols.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:34 am Reply with quote
This show is getting better and better. Episode 2 was a blast. I can't help but laugh every time the beast girl's calico cat says something clever. I think I will definitely be following this show all the way.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Arkov wrote:
This anime seems like it'll be a ton of fun, based entirely on the characters we've been shown. I cracked up when the two girls were saying they had no regrets, and found myself giggling constantly throughout. Also, the ED was pretty lols.

me too, I lol when they say "We regret Nothing", then Kuro Usagi hits their heads with a fan.
This is the best anime of the season for me. All 3 main leads are strong and do crazy things.

I haven't watch any anime this fun for a long time. This is more fun than SAO.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I liked the first two episodes, so I am going to keep watching.

But am I the only one that thinks the show's big weakness is the "children" are too powerful to allow the adventure to have any element of risk in it? Right off the bat Izayoi spoiler[defeats a god] without even working up a sweat. I suppose it is good to see him having fun, but are the rest of us?

The two girls are also the same. Again right off the starting line spoiler[You puts her life on the line with the griffin.] If they are equal to any challenge from the get-go the story has no real teeth.

On the other hand, if they can write up a real challenge for these three it will be something to see, so I guess it is worth waiting to see if that appears.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But am I the only one that thinks the show's big weakness is the "children" are too powerful to allow the adventure to have any element of risk in it? Right off the bat Izayoi spoiler[defeats a god] without even working up a sweat. I suppose it is good to see him having fun, but are the rest of us?

Japanese God!=Western Gods.

Gods in asian mythology usually aren't the "near-omnipotent beings" they are in Western mythology. Hell, the word "kami" technically shouldn't be translated as "god" anyway.
methaniel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:19 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Japanese God!=Western Gods.

Gods in asian mythology usually aren't the "near-omnipotent beings" they are in Western mythology. Hell, the word "kami" technically shouldn't be translated as "god" anyway.

Well, one of the "kami" does translate as Gods though. And even if Japanese Gods aren't omnipotent (heck, in greek or nordic mythology they aren't either), in this spoiler[show they are supposed to be the strongest, or so it seems looking at the reaction of Kurousagi when Izayoi defeated one]. Of course there is more than probably "rankings" within Gods and no one can say if it was a strong or a weak one but well...
誤称

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:24 am Reply with quote
Seriously, you need to turn in your Touhou fan card. Gods aren't necessarily that strong. Razz
methaniel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
Well, I hadn't looked yet at the second episode, but I guess that for now the answer as to who are the strongest "people" in this world is more or less answered.
I may surprisingly get hooked on this serie though, half of it thanks to Kurousagi (of course), another half thanks to it ending (a chibi Kurousagi dancing a Bubble-time Roppongi's Disco Queen style? I'm sold!)...and well the last half cause it's story and characters are so far entertaining to follow
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I may surprisingly get hooked on this serie though, half of it thanks to Kurousagi (of course), another half thanks to it ending (a chibi Kurousagi dancing a Bubble-time Roppongi's Disco Queen style? I'm sold!)...and well the last half cause it's story and characters are so far entertaining to follow

Yeah, the ED of this show is hilariously catchy...and then Izayoi busts out the crazy dance moves at the end and it's goddamn hilarious.

But, I prefer to call her "Black Rabbit" just because that's what her name translates to. From what I can tell, it's her title, not really her name (if it was her name I would just call her "Kuro Usagi").
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

spoiler[That water tree is really amazing.
The onsen atmosphere was nice too.
Watching that cat float around was kinda LOL
Izayoi is really insensitive sometimes.
It was pretty relaxed until they got a demonic visit.
Watching them fight the tiger was interesting.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Ep 3

Looks like it won't be easy fights for the trio, as spoiler[You got hurt pretty bad in the fight.] I saw the ending song for the first time and I have to say it is very cute.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
ep.3

spoiler[so water back in land so time for bath time with bunny, voice command, & animal talker while head phone guy scare the mooks.

give mooks want to stop working for evil tiger & want to be free so head phone understand give also little jin some bros talk to give some confidence.

now battle with bad tiger give being powered-up by vampire blood give animal girl got hurt but voice command goes with sword to command the vines to tie & slay the tiger vampire.

now that over cat land people are free all good now bit "hmm" to come.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Given what my concern was earlier I see an improvement in this episode (3). Maybe because it is just because Izayoi recused himself from the game, but at least the story made it somewhat plausible that the conflict could resolve either way.

Something that I like is that Izayoi seems to be using a brains-instead-of-brawn approach, (my problem with him is has way too much brawn) taking the long view and cajoling the others into adopting a self-help strategy. It even makes sense. Sort of.

However given the role that Izayoi is forcing Jin into, I didn't like spoiler[how the girls effectively sidelined him, particularly when he was willing to participate and put himself at risk. He's willing to pay his dues, so why not let him?]

All in all, they've piqued my interest enough to watch at least another three episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8