• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

spoiler[A Laius gift game hunt.
Izayoi the invisible was pretty cool.
Algol was rather scary, but made things more intense.
Izayoi can be somewhat scary as well.
The whole episode was interesting.]
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Izayoi being spoiler[overpowered as always, but also showing a bit of his intellectual side. I also like how he tickled Black Rabbit while invisible and didn't do anything more pervy.] I'm still digging the "fun-ness" of this show, it doesn't take itself seriously at all. Black Rabbit really makes it great. Very Happy

edit: I also like how the jazzy saxophone music piece sets the tone. Very smooth.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, Izayoi'sspoiler[ invincibility] really spoils the fun for me. It's like spoiler[Prince of Tennis with more girls and less tennis...sure, it's funny at times but the gift games are pretty boring and anticlimactic because you know the owerpowered brat will save the day in the end.]

Gonna put this on hold for now, i'm watching way too much stuff this season anyhow.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I like the fact that he is overpowered. I rather watch a show where the protagonists plow through their enemies, instead of constant struggles. Of course he isn't going to win everything so easily. I assume a tough opponent is on the horizon. Yay a loli vampire maid joins the team Smile
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I do enjoy him being overpowered, but only when the focus isn't on fighting. When that is the focus, it is kind of silly, which is why this episode was probably my least favorite.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
ep.5

spoiler[so izayoi & others had sneak in while not seen get to face boss so have voice lady using water blast on spartans while anime girl have her senses find invisble helmet to get.

all good cause izayoi to fight peresus but using winged boots & cash in to summer flying snake hair that blast almost everyone to stone'd give peresus don't give a what about his spartnas since he called them all useless pawns.

so izayoi battle wing snake hair & own'd it then peresus tried to hit but denied get pwn'd to & even try full blast but izayoi KICK the beam & FALCON PUNCH winged snake.

after all that izayoi want more cue punch-slash cut with izayoi win it all get little vampire now as a maid for them with victory dinners with free stars watching all good.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I just don't see the point of this anymore.

"We got Izayoi" is the solution to any crisis. OK, so then what? Jin isn't even trying to pull his own weight anymore. He just does what he is told, which isn't much.

Black Rabbit is cute, but there are a lot of anime girls at least as cute.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I like the fact that he is overpowered. I rather watch a show where the protagonists plow through their enemies, instead of constant struggles. Of course he isn't going to win everything so easily. I assume a tough opponent is on the horizon. Yay a loli vampire maid joins the team Smile

yeah, i would rather watch strong MC, then weak MC struggle in every fight.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I think him being overpowered, which is something basically no one does with a story because it makes it too easy, is actually refreshing simply because it is taboo and thus not done often.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah this reminds me of a comment I made regarding Rika's hair color in Haganai, about how her plain brown hair is more unique an interesting to her than when she changed it into blonde and black. In this case, the struggling hero archetype had become so common that some good old fashioned super hero styles become more refreshing. It seems like there's a cyclical pattern with my tastes and it looks like others feel the same. Of course, the story and characters have to be likable for all of it to work and I think this show is likable enough. Very Happy
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Izayoi being One-Punch Man is interesting, in that he can turn traitor on a whim and no one could stop him.

It amazes me that he is so loyal to the girls, the no-name community and Jin; to the point where he's already talking about "our flag."

Was he so starved for adventure/acceptance/friendship in his home dimension? Why is he willing to not only share the credit of his victories, but goes out of his way to prop up Jin as the Hero? It's all curious.

We haven't seen anything about his home life and characters are already questioning his humanity. I could totally see the show revealing him to have been a bored Maoh/godlike shape-changing creature or Super Saiyan (whatever) who's doing this to have some fun. Razz

Ep 5 left me w/some questions: spoiler[1.we know Izayoi is super strong, but how'd he avoid turning into stone when he was *directly* in the path of the red beam? Is he invulnerable to all attacks?

2. Did Izayoi change the prize of the Gift Game *after he already won* to disband Perseus's rule? What gave him the right to change the prize?

3. Did they not show Izayoi winning at the very end, or did I miss that?]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

Ep 5 left me w/some questions: spoiler[1.we know Izayoi is super strong, but how'd he avoid turning into stone when he was *directly* in the path of the red beam? Is he invulnerable to all attacks?

2. Did Izayoi change the prize of the Gift Game *after he already won* to disband Perseus's rule? What gave him the right to change the prize?

3. Did they not show Izayoi winning at the very end, or did I miss that?]

I thought the item that Izayoi got allow them to challenge anyone and get whatever prize that they want.(like a demon lord) That Luios guy just assume the prize is the loli.

Based on ep 2, they are still not fighting the strong people yet. All the strong people are in lvl 1. The No name Community is in lvl 8.
Shiroyasha and Luios's community are in lvl 4 or 5.(have to rewatch ep 2 again to get this info). Based on anime rule. lvl 1 people can be 1000 times stronger than lvl 2 people.

1 = strongest Communities
8 = weakest Communities
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually pretty surprised on how much I'm enjoying this show so far. Looking forward to the next episode and damn, Izayoi is a total boss.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:24 am Reply with quote
Izayoi is helping out the no-names because it seems like something that can relieve his boredom. When you're as powerful as he is, I guess fighting for a guild that's already powerful would be boring as hell. By helping out the underdogs he is guaranteed lots of fights against strong opponents.

I did think it was pretty silly when he shattered a beam attack with a single kick. It is initially cool to have an OP protagonist, but he's going to wear out his welcome and become uninteresting to watch if he doesn't face at least some difficulties.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

It is initially cool to have an OP protagonist, but he's going to wear out his welcome and become uninteresting to watch if he doesn't face at least some difficulties.

This is kind of my opinion on Izayoi.

Up till now, I don't mind him being so overpowered because at the moment his fun and carefree personality more than compensates for his lack of growth.

Also, it is exciting to watch him sticking his thumb in the eye of all these haughty, pretentious gods.

In that sense, the writing follows a somewhat predictable (but not necessarily unsatisfying) path of setting up a bunch of unsympathetic, anti-human bad guys who are extremely full of themselves, and Izayoi becomes our champion in dragging all of these self important gods down to earth where they are no better than the rest of us. This is an appealing and well tread formula in anime and other fantasy media. However, because it is so well tread, this formula will probably start to get stale at some point. Izayoi will have to effectively transform into something more than just our not-so-secret weapon against the cruel and arrogant gods. I think there are some hints that Izayoi can be more than that, based on his deepening interactions with Jin and seeming ambitions for the nameless community. Also, his background is still a mystery, so there is plenty of wiggle room to build him into something more compelling. I certainly hope to see that happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8