• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkov

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Pure speculation here, but what if Izayoi himself is a God? Or even a Demon Lord?
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Arkov wrote:
Pure speculation here, but what if Izayoi himself is a God? Or even a Demon Lord?

I had that thought, too. That either he doesn't realize it or he's baiting people into these circumstances on purpose to show off/have fun.

I like the idea that Izayoi will find out his parents were Maoh or something, and that's why he's so powerful.

I compared him to One Punch Man (the new Viz Shonen Jump series) because the joke of that story is the titular super hero is bored, since he can finish off any enemy in one punch.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

spoiler[So those three decided to go to a festival on their own.
That certainly pissed off Black Rabbit girl.
Who knew that world is so huge, just amazing.
Shiroyasha is an interesting one. Always has some card up the sleeve.
It was fun watching pissed of Black Rabbit chase those 3 around town LOL
Izayoi overdid it with the fight though.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
So Kurousagi might be as strong as Izayoi, but that really doesn't matter as she can't participate in the games. Kurosagi's skirt has a rather interesting gift lol. Is anyone else loving the fact there are no cliche romance scenes or any romance at all. When Izayoi and Asuka had that mini date, that was like the perfect chance to add some cliche romance but they kept it clean.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
ep.6

spoiler[so 3 probs hero see a letter for invite to city to do gift games want in & tick off bunny girl the chase is on.

so after meeting shiro-kuro simple clap enter world dragon people area but here bunny girl catch animal talker while izayoi & voice lady wonder around & soon voice got catch too.

meanwhile shiro-kuro talking animal talker of idea to make bunny girl happy while voice lady so curious about the area give due from being another world look around.

& izayoi & bunny girl well game match to on equal level that lead to draw & oops here come police for uh nice job for breaking a building izayoi?! ]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:53 am Reply with quote
another fun ep, but too short.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Kurosagi's skirt has a rather interesting gift lol.

That was extremely hilarious. I love how this show pokes fun at all the normal anime cliches. I am hooked.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Is anyone else loving the fact there are no cliche romance scenes or any romance at all. When Izayoi and Asuka had that mini date, that was like the perfect chance to add some cliche romance but they kept it clean.

yes, very much so. I also appreciated the fact that they are actually getting along with each other.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would. Loved seeing Kurosagi beat Izayoi to a draw. She's powerful!

I was sure they were going to try an Asuka/Izayoi romance, but their relationship remains platonic. All the characters get along, they all care about the community they're serving, and while the main 3 can be rebellious, they have good intentions. Refreshing, maybe a little boring.

One thing that perked my interest was Izayoi and Asuka discussing the time periods they come from. Perhaps the kids come from the same earth, just different times...?
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:44 am Reply with quote
That's a definite possibility. These days, time travel lore is often associated with alternate dimensions, instead of literal time travel where paradoxes can occur. It looks as though they share the same history as well as culture.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 am Reply with quote
Episodes 2 to 6

*clap clap* This is much more fun than I expected, I had my hopes rise a little when I watched the first episode at the beggining of the year, but now that I have seen more I see that it is plenty of fun, I would even say that I like the level of fanservice they have. Maybe some more needed. Wink

And most of all I think the characters are actually good, I mean they could rest in usual tropes but they actually feel either refreshing, or fun. Izayoi is a very over powered character, and the problem is that can make a show rather boreing, but in watching him I had Medaka in mind as I think when you have a character that is so overpowered what is important is no if they can overcome the challenge, but how their values can influence things. Izayoi could really screw anyone over on the tiniest wim, and reading a comment I realized that he is basically just like Dante; he can beat things many times his size without a sweat, but the real fun is how much of a smart ass he can be. And who knows if he like the son of some powerful demon or something.

The characters also seem to work so well in comedy too, I am generally surprised at how funny I find their picking on Black Rabit, the thing is I shouldn't, but it just works. I have to mention Shiroyasha, her seiyuu, Satomi Arai, just fits so well into the overbearing girl likeing girl character with pervert tendencies, gotta laugh at her getting along with Izayoi.

I think I might also apologize that I thought that early on there would be little reprecussions for loseing, but the second episode shook this off by having a character bet their, and that they had the guts to say that not only were children taken hostage, but they were killed. I really look forward to watching more.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Ep 7

Ha Shiroyasha and Izayoi are the perfect pervert duo. Poor You and her small bust. I am still confused with the demon lord and stuff. So some of the demon lords are good like Shiroyasha? And is the ultimate baddie the demon king or something?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Short gift game part was nice. The prophesied spoiler[demon lord attack] wasn't.
spoiler[Asuka's little fairy friend was pretty cute and nice.
The sudden rat attack]
was unexpected.
spoiler[Letitia] sure came in handy at the last moment.
spoiler[Onsen scenes pretty much made up for the lack of actual gift game fights.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
ep.7

spoiler[animal girl talker vs giant golem beat it done & damage to city that izayoi and bunny girl well no one got hurt & shiro will pay for bills damage.

while that settle give meet female ruler of salamander land give all fine that been report the area will be attack by evil demon lords so izayoi & rest join in to defend place.

voice lady wander city with a little yellow person all fine til swarm of rats attack appear tried to voice the rats but nope but saved by the vampire.

after that bit some spa bath give voice lady wonder of her gift notice some higher power is stronger than her gift & some thought here bunny girl & others for bath.

bath done now focus on demon attack, animal girl next match, & etc give voice lady wonder if little yellow is involve in it? ]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
The Izayoi and Shiroyasha moments are so fun. Lily kinda looks like a younger Jaune from Dog Days and woah, spoiler[Leticia] should stay full sized more often
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8