• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Dengeki's Favorite Voice Actor & Actress Survey

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I like Tomokazu Sugita too Anime smile
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Norio Wakamoto 8th? No Yui Horie? This is an outrage! I shall angrily shake my fist at my computer. That'll show em!

Seriously though, pretty good lists of talent there, so can't really say I disagree with the people listed.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
YA Nana Mikuki made number 1
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
I was hoping to see Yuuichi Nakamura a bit higher there, but I don't know much about the rest of the field, other than Sugita (Shoushitu no Endless Drivel...), Wakamoto, and Ono.

Nana Mizuki is an automatic shoe-in at No.1.
Very happy to see Kana Hanazawa up there, too. I loved her voices for Tenshi and Kuroneko.
2010 was not a good year for Rie Kugimiya. Hopefully she'll rebound in 2011.

Very strong Top 9 for female seiyuu. Top 9 because as far as I'm concerned, Aya Hirano is no longer a seiyuu.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
I guess it's alright. Surprised to see Otsuka Akio. Hooray!
spartydragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 am Reply with quote
Hooray Sugi-tan! Very Happy
Banjo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quote
my favorite Megumi Toyoguchi & Mamiko Noto are not there, at least Rie Kugimiya made it
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quote
Yeah yeah yeah, now give us the English dub voice actor ranking.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:32 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

no?

Nice to see Nana Mizuki top the list (again?). No Haruka Tomatsu or Mamiko Noto though Sad
Taishi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:32 am Reply with quote
Sugita is up very high because of Gintama and he deserves it. Don't mess with Wakamoto Norio. That guy is a legend and well-respected. He makes his characters either very evil (i.e. Bison [Vega in JP] in SSFIV) or very funny (Mastudaira in Gintama). Koyasu has been around for a long...and I mean a very long time so it doesn't surprise me that he made the list. Same with Ishida.

I am surprised Tamura Yukari still manage to hold a top 10 position despite how she hasn't been in a lot of animes this year (lack of main roles mostly). Toyosaki and Taketatsu should thank K-ON!! for their popularity.

Why Hirano Aya is on that list is beyond me after how she resented being a seiyuu and wanting to be a model.....

Mizuki and Sawashiro is a given. No need for explanation on that one.

Lastly, Hayashibara's popularity is legendary despite how she practically disappeared besides the remake of the EVA movies.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:46 am Reply with quote
I'm glad Wakamoto and Hayashibara still rank, but I wish Toshio Furukawa, Yoshiko Sakakibara, and Tohru Furuya would have made it.

Glad Kugimiya's there, but no Paku?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quote
Taishi wrote:
Why Hirano Aya is on that list is beyond me after how she resented being a seiyuu and wanting to be a model.....

Not much of a secret. Her voice is sexy, and always fits the characters she does really well.
I don't know just how active she's been these days as a seiyu, but she's still working in Fairy Fail (which airs weekly, which explains why she's far from forgotten... but I get where you're coming from).

Thought Jun would be higher, but at this point people probably just take his voice as a given thanks to his participation in numerous anime every season and every year. I like all the voices in that list, but if I had the choice of keeping only one in anime, and the rest out, Jun would be the one.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:

Dengeki doesn't do that one. I think an American anime magazine could probably do that one.

Anyway nice to see some of my favorite JPN VA on there. A little sad that Mamiko Noto, Atsuko Tanaka, Kappei Yamaguichi, Tessho Genda didn't make the list, neither did Ayako Kawasami. I didn't expect Nana Mizuki to make #1, and nice to see Norio Wakamoto made the list also. This is a very interesting list indeed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
monks_hood8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:36 am Reply with quote
Yay!!! My favorite voice actor and actress ranked first!!!!!
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Taishi wrote:
Lastly, Hayashibara's popularity is legendary despite how she practically disappeared besides the remake of the EVA movies.
The same can be said about Takehito Koyasu, except the EVA part. When it comes to seiyuu legends he's like the male version of Megumi. And likewise he hasn't been in many shows recently. Glad he's on the list too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2