• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sengoku Basara Film Dated June 4 with PSP Game in Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quote
I am guessing the game will also be on the 3DS as well. Just not announced yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mytopia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:44 am Reply with quote
Eh, what makes you think that? The previous portable Basara game was exclusive to the PSP, and with this game possibly being a sequel to that I think it's far more likely that this too will be exclusive to the PSP (and they have no reason to hide other platforms). The game engine and so forth would have been tailormade with the PSP in mind, and generally anyway, portable exclusives rarely tend to get re-released on other platforms, at least in Japan. Add to the fact that it's not exactly simple to make a 3DS game (given the 3D dynamic and a different control system) and also the fact that they have simply no need to.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:32 am Reply with quote
Well here's hoping that one (or if possible both) of these get brought over.

Has there been any reports on how the PS3 & Wii game sold here?
redranger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Seeing as its not a shooter, it probably sold like crap in all honesty. Unfortunately.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 am Reply with quote
Mytopia wrote:
Eh, what makes you think that? The previous portable Basara game was exclusive to the PSP, and with this game possibly being a sequel to that I think it's far more likely that this too will be exclusive to the PSP (and they have no reason to hide other platforms). The game engine and so forth would have been tailormade with the PSP in mind, and generally anyway, portable exclusives rarely tend to get re-released on other platforms, at least in Japan. Add to the fact that it's not exactly simple to make a 3DS game (given the 3D dynamic and a different control system) and also the fact that they have simply no need to.

Its Clear that you have NO idea what you are talking about. And it is also clear that you don't know Capcom. Publishers can't talk about all there 3DS games because Nintendo has them locked down until a certain date. Capcom has almost all of there franchises on the 3DS with Monster Hunter being confirmed on Friday. So like I said before I am sure the new Basara game will hit the 3DS at the same time or like a month or two after. Also porting a game is not a big deal to some companies. Namco Bandai is porting Tales of the Abyss to the 3DS controls and Engine be damned Also Capcom is porting Super Street Fighter IV, so if they can port that then I am sure they could port anything they want. Do your research before you talk like you know something when you don't.

@NJ@

Dude There have been no reports on how it sold for Wii or PS3. So I would image not to good. You can look on VG chatz for unofficial numbers but I am not sure if those numbers are close or way off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Seeing as its not a shooter, it probably sold like crap in all honesty. Unfortunately.

That pretty much proves how much of a joke most of the video game fandom is nowadays. Sad
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:59 am Reply with quote
3DS what now? A Sengoku Basara game, that's not on Sony platform first? Psssssh
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1