• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Dragon Crisis! Fantasy Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Olivine wrote:

When are we going to get back to the REAL animes, Naruto,

Quote:
animes

Quote:
Naruto is a "real" anime

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, you know what? Just disown anime. Just stop watching it and I think it'll make your life way easier.

And it's not like Gundam and Evangelion aren't goiong on. So with your logic, we've been "back" at the so-called REAL anime(s) for quite a few years now.

And why is your avatar of the show you're hating on?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Evangelion have a clone of the main character's mom as a love interest?

How is that less incestuous than a second-cousin relationship?
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote
i'm still trying to figure out how you guys are calling this incest when the "couple" for this title is Rose (the dragon) and Ryuji.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote
....and no one else notices that Olivine has a Dragon Crisis Avatar? I'd guess Olivine is being quite sarcastic.

Anyways, anything written by Kurata (even adapted) is an auto-watch in my book. I'll definitely be watching.
Olivine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
....and no one else notices that Olivine has a Dragon Crisis Avatar?

You're ruining my fuuuuuuuuuun!

Ahh, who am I kidding? Someone will still respond, anyway. Anime hyper
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quote
IFG wrote:
Do we really need a new topic for every show soggyroll is going to be simulcasting?
What happened to the good old seasonal lineup announcements and how much are they paying you for all this advertising? Confused

IFG wrote:
I think that was about 2 seasons ago, you know, back when 90% of all the simulcast announcements were made at once. The only exceptions were shows they acquired late into the season and consequently started streaming later into the season.
This? This is just advertising spam.

They must pay well indeed. At least we know where those membership dollars are going and it doesn't seem to be Japan.

Advertising does not determine ANN's news coverage of Crunchyroll. The news team is not even told if Crunchyroll is advertising at ANN.

As pointed out by others, ANN has been covering simulcasts (by Crunchyroll and other companies) this way for some time. There were only three related topics out of 10 news topics yesterday (and still more topics for interest, reviews, columns, and other kinds of articles).

Many readers follow ANN on RSS news feeds, Twitter, or other means, and a good number of them would like to read the news as they come out. If you have a suggestion on how to fulfill both these readers' needs and your need, ANN is open to hearing it.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
IFG wrote:
I think that was about 2 seasons ago, you know, back when 90% of all the simulcast announcements were made at once.
Aha, so when they first went legit, and were trying to get established as a substantial place to watch streaming anime, and had a smaller number of streams each season, they went for the big splash of announcing all the streams that had at one time, to boost the announcement.

Then as they got more established, they switched to basically announcing the new anime on the day that it streamed ~ often announcing it as it was put up for streaming. Which is still what they do for catalog titles, so they must have decided that that is the way to go with catalog titles ~ announce the release on release.

But with the anticipation of a new streaming season, they decided to start doing a roll-out, with those question marks. But the second time they tried the question marks, they got over-optimistic and put up question marks for series they were "finalizing", and got tripped up, turning the exercise from a build up to an exercise in bashing Crunchyroll.

So they went back to announcing on release, then did their big announcements of their deals with TV Tokyo and Kadakawa Pictures two weeks before the season started, and now we are back to the question mark boxes, except this time they seem to have been more prudent in putting up the question mark boxes.

You may prefer a convention panel style announcement of all the titles at once, but they obviously think they get more impact with a roll-out, because they have been doing one or another version of a roll-out for almost the whole time since they went legit. Indeed, what you are complaining about ~ multiple conversations getting started in multiple threads at an online anime news site ~ that's probably exactly what they like about the roll-out approach, so we can expect they'll keep doing it pretty much the same way.

Though they may work harder on hiding what is going on behind the scenes at CR site, so that the investigators of site mechanics have a harder time guessing which titles they have acquired.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Olivine wrote:
who_is_friend wrote:
....and no one else notices that Olivine has a Dragon Crisis Avatar?

You're ruining my fuuuuuuuuuun!

Well, considering the character design is completely generic for that one... and the collar (like practically everything else on that promo pic) is drawn out of proportion so it's not as clearly visible... ^^

It's DEEN though, so I guess I shouldn't expect them to know about things like proportions.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It's DEEN though, so I guess I shouldn't expect them to know about things like proportions.

They do know how to make females cute and sexy, though. Proportions? Seen Queen's Blade and stuff? It's like a miracle they can wield a heavy weapon, and a pair of breasts bigger than their heads without losing their equilibrium. Actually, how the hell can you even fight with those breasts when they cover over 50% of their sight, and if they boing upwards that means they're practically blind. Huh, tell me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3