• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Hourou Musuko/Wandering Son

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Also surprised that Curnchyroll's streaming this; I would've bet on Funimation. Also wondering about who's streaming Fractale now.

Crunchyroll got this from Aniplex. Fractale is being handled by Fuji Creative so chances are it will go to FUNimation under their existing agreement, assuming that is still ongoing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
is that accurate? no other site on the internet (in english) says it's about transgendered people other than ANN.

everywhere else just says the boy wants to be a girl and the girl wants to be a boy.

which one is right...?

...that's what 'transgender' means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender

You might be confusing the term with 'transsexual'.

my bad then. English makes little sense a good 40% of the time.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quote
A Noitamina show, available in the Netherlands??! Awesome!
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll - Thank you!!!

This is my most anticipated series for this January. So excited.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Why cant Crunchyroll announced what there going to simulcast all at once instead at one at a time
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:33 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Why can't Crunchyroll announced what there going to simulcast all at once instead at one at a time

Anticipation.
Nineofclubs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote
so happy
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Why can't Crunchyroll announced what there going to simulcast all at once instead at one at a time

It's better to let announcement's trickle out because it monopolizes news-sphere attention for a longer amount of time.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy about this. No offense to Funimation, but their Hulu portal makes me watch ads. Crunchy = HD and ad free.

so YAY!!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:44 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I'm very happy about this. No offense to Funimation, but their Hulu portal makes me watch ads. Crunchy = HD and ad free.

... if you buy a membership, which hulu doesn't make you do. Oh, and they botch up the subtitles with greater frequency than Funimation, but whatever. Everyone wants their HD, not their legibility. ;p

Actually, I got a coupon for a free 30-day membership as an attempt to lure me back; if the anime adaptation of Wandering Son is any good, I may continue it on for a little while after that.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

... if you buy a membership, which hulu doesn't make you do. Oh, and they botch up the subtitles with greater frequency than Funimation, but whatever. Everyone wants their HD, not their legibility. ;p

You don't have to buy a membership, and at least the option is there.
You can also report problems with the subtitles which you can't do elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote
^^I can second that. If you have a problem with the subs, you can easily just tell them and they fix it. I did it once with some improperly placed Gintama subs.
meruru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
^^I can second that. If you have a problem with the subs, you can easily just tell them and they fix it. I did it once with some improperly placed Gintama subs.

I watched Beast Player Erin on Crunchyroll; it didn't have just one or two mistakes, it had many, many mistakes, mistranslations, grammatical errors, misspellings, inconsistent terminology, and often had things that just didn't make sense. I might add that Beast Player Erin uses very simple Japanese, so I find that level of mistakes pretty unforgivable. But I did complain about it, and I did get a response that they would fix it, but somehow I doubt they'd do the entire thing over, which is what's really needed. I do give them props that they responded, and at least claimed they would try to fix it, and I'm not even a paying member. And I'm certainly glad *someone* bought the rights to the show so that I could watch it with some sort of translation, but honestly, I think I'd rather had paid money for it (or watched it on Hulu) as that generally means getting better quality subtitles, but I admit I've seen things released on DVD that also had pretty horrendous translations, like Full Metal Panic. *shrug*
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Bravo! The accursed Funimation/noitaminA monopoly has come to an end. There shall be a feast of wine and tasty meats to celebrate!
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote
meruru wrote:
-snip-

Okay, I won't deny that. Beast Player Erin's subs sucked. They were awful. As did that Nogizaka Haruka show but other than those, their subs are generally solid.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3