• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Hourou Musuko/Wandering Son

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Zac wrote:
...that's what 'transgender' means.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender

You might be confusing the term with 'transsexual'.
my bad then. English makes little sense a good 40% of the time.
On behalf of the English language, I thank you for your kind generosity. A less generous assessment would put it well over 50%
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Bravo! The accursed Funimation/noitaminA monopoly has come to an end. There shall be a feast of wine and tasty meats to celebrate!

Why is this a good thing?

And they never had exclusive rights to begin with.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quote
@meruru

Erin and Nogizaka were a few of CR's unfortunate blunders, which they even acknowledged like you mentioned of requiring completely redoing. They farmed it out to some far east, seemingly non-Japanese understanding, non-English speaking group to save some money and I think they've learned the lesson now. Thankfully, MX Media (and samuelp) seem to be the regular subbers for most of their shows currently
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote
I'm glad I put my faith in Crunchyroll. They have earned my money and I've gotten my money's worth for the shows I've watched through them. And now they have Hourou Musuko, the anime I've most been looking forward to for the past year or more.

I just hope they give it the dedication it deserves in doing the translating and subbing (asking for perfect, but will settle for decent). If it doesn't disappoint, Crunchyroll will not be losing this customer any time in the near future Smile
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I am a Crunchyroll subscriber because they have a decent amount of streams in the UK mostly. I wish more streaming site would realise we exist and are ready to give them money. Anyway this is a series I've had my eye on so I am very glad Crunchy are streaming it.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
@meruru

Erin and Nogizaka were a few of CR's unfortunate blunders, which they even acknowledged like you mentioned of requiring completely redoing. They farmed it out to some far east, seemingly non-Japanese understanding, non-English speaking group to save some money and I think they've learned the lesson now. Thankfully, MX Media (and samuelp) seem to be the regular subbers for most of their shows currently

MX Media themselves have admitted to some of their earlier work lacking in QC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
A subtitled trailer is up on Crunchyroll now. If you've watched the trailer from the Japanese site, now you can watch the same thing in English.

Only 6 more days. I'm so happy.
kamui85

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:27 am Reply with quote
i just watched the trailer at crunchyroll, and the animation looks beautiful! the colors are really soft and the movements are really fluid! wonder if all the series will have that kind of quality, I hope so!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3