• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fractale (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:09 am Reply with quote
ANN page: anime#11796
Official website: http://fractale-anime.com/

The show won't air until the 13th, but I still have things to discuss before it airs. Right now My primary concern is whether Funi (or at least someone else) will still simulcast Fractale.

I'm given some hope on that from this interview with Yamakan posted yesterday (which also has interesting comments on other subjects):

http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201101050206.html

Quote:
While many businesses go abroad to take advantage of low production costs, Yutaka Yamamoto is looking overseas for inspiration to jump-start what had once been considered an infallible Japanese product: anime.

His latest anime series, "Fractale," to be aired from Jan. 13 on Fuji Television Network Inc., will target non-anime fans and one-time fans who have shifted away from the genre.

Yamamoto said he hopes to create an interface with prospective fans overseas through such measures as adding subtitles to his works.

Nevertheless, he believes simply selling anime abroad is not enough. He said it is crucial for the domestic market to regain its vibrancy that will attract people overseas. ...
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
New PV, with sample of the OP song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_cU-mImQAQ
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for this and from the synopsis I've read, it seems to have a rather interesting story.

From what I heard, we shouldn't really count on Funi simulcasting series this season.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:

From what I heard, we shouldn't really count on Funi simulcasting series this season.

If they do, it should not be expected until just before the end of January.

At the moment, their simulcasts are down to just One Piece and Hetailia: World Series (which they note will not return until January 24).
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm really upset that no one is going to be streaming this anime. Right now it might be the title that I'm looking forward to the most and I'd like to try an watch it without using fansubs (though I will if I have to).

So far it looks like it will be a really cool and entertaining show for the winter season. I've been wanting another fantasy anime that does a good job at "world building" and it seems like Fractale will fill the whole. The studio and cast seems like they've gotten to the point where they're comfortable creating entertaining anime. I'm hope that this is a chance for Yutaka Yamamoto to make a come back and break out of his "slice of life/ comedy" mold for once. And Mari Okada is a good pick for a drama anime, though it's odd she is working on two shows this season (Fractale and Gosick). And I'm sure that with the up and comer Emi Kesamaru working as the art director it will look great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Son's concept sounds great, but Fractale holds my anticipation as the season's most unique anime. For some reason, I keep interlinking both, and I hate that. I thought the same of Shiki, but Shiki didn't have as many strong rivals (Level E being the strongest, most likely). Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
I'm really upset that no one is going to be streaming this anime. Right now it might be the title that I'm looking forward to the most and I'd like to try an watch it without using fansubs (though I will if I have to)

Funimation didn't begin their stream of Kuragehime/ Princess Jellyfish until a week after it started and didn't t make any announcements prior to its beginning either, so it's not certain it won't be streaming... maybe they wait for the first episode to air themselves before committing?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vastoceans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Mushi-Man wrote:
I'm really upset that no one is going to be streaming this anime. Right now it might be the title that I'm looking forward to the most and I'd like to try an watch it without using fansubs (though I will if I have to)

so it's not certain it won't be streaming... maybe they wait for the first episode to air themselves before committing?

Funi will be streaming it: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-12/funimation-to-stream-fractale-tomorrow

Though it's not actually up for preview or on Funi's "Fresh from Japan" simulcast schedule yet. Exciting news! Very Happy
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote
@ princessyue92

would have been nice if you added more variety repeating the same pics several times just looks like you have a small stock available!

plus you really should try to find more graphic pics those are pretty tame really.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
From the director of Lucky Star and Haruhi Suzumiya

Well, I gotta admit FUNi, that is probably the last thing I would put on a banner considering Endless 8, but you got balls. Kudos.

ETA for one more hour everyone.
vastoceans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
This looks and sounds fantastic from start to finish. Love the character design and music. It didn't blow me away like I'd hoped but I think a lot of us will have to keep in mind our high expectations going in. Definitely putting this up there with Level E as a potential (and likely) front-runner for this season. Really nothing to nitpick here other than Yu Kobayashi being an interesting (not at all bad) choice for voicing Clain.

Can't wait until we get some Nessa/Kana Hanazawa time next episode!
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote
That was a really good first episode. Very Miyazaki. I also love the ending theme.
Kotoro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Great first episode. Smile
The two men and young girl sort of reminded me of Team Rocket. Laughing
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm Reply with quote
That was a very good first episode. I agree with Vastsoceans that it didn't blow me away, but it was a solid, fun start to the series I really like the mix of countryside cottage look with the high-tech devices. It's really keeping my interest as to what and how this world works. Anyways, this looks like one of the more entertaining series of the season.

Also, I was partially hypnotized by the opening sequence.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Player No. 3 wrote:

Also, I was partially hypnotized by the opening sequence.

I think it was making me high.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12