• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Survey: Kuragehime is Favorite Anime of Fall 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
Jrittmayer wrote:
I'm still scratching my head over P&S. Then again, people will just eat up anything because it looks "different". Annnyyyways Rolling Eyes

Yes, being visually appealing is half the battle in anime. Having said that, PSG was also a great aural experience, and was shamelessly tongue-in-cheek about itself later on (not to mention it had awesome segments like the music video).

Overall though, I think these are pretty interesting results. The big surprise for me is that TWGOK had such a large audience.
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 am Reply with quote
Aww, man. People never gave Milky Holmes a chance. Yet again, I never even bothered watching an episode of Kuragehime, much less, know what it is about.
Wooga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:22 am Reply with quote
This poll made me realize I still needed to finish like 4 series from this season..there was a lot of good stuff out there. Working on Star Driver right now.

Milky Holmes was great, it doesn't deserve the bottom pile. But at least it got a few favorite votes.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quote
Hehe... my survey responses were easy. OreImo is the only show I watched at all, so that got a checkbox for the first question. I didn't complete it, so the second question was blank. And it being the only show I watched, and I liked it, it was my favorite. So yeah, I contributed greatly to the anime ratings this last season. [/sarcasm]
The_Bug

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote
Why are there about 2000 missing votes? Did people just pick shows they watched and called it a day?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Quote:

The least-watched anime of the season was Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector, despite the series' simulcast on Crunchyroll. However, the series with the fewest "favorite" votes was Tantei Opera Milky Holmes with 14 votes (0.5%).

And yet the tweets from Rob Pereyda said that SRW was out performing Milky Holmes.
Ex:
Quote:

New show ad-supported (free view) rankings for week 9: 1. TB 2. TWGOK 3. SnOF 4. FA 5. OYZ 6. P&S 7. SRW 8. YPP 9. SG 10. TOMH

So which conclusion is one supposed to draw from this?

One is based on hard numbers for one week, among free members on Crunchyroll, and the other is based on a survey at ANN.

It is a bit like asking why the exit poll results in Illinois don't match up to the voting results in Iowa. Smile

Also, keep in mind that while the viewing results at CR were legal viewers, the poll at ANN had no such limitation.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote
Pst, Funi, there is at least a small fanbase for this show, DVD announcement sometime this year please? Also pleased by the tweets someone linked that Tegami Bachi is doing okay on CR, wish that one would get a DVD release too.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote
Proud to be one of the 50 who had Yosuga no Sora as the season's favorite. Cool
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
So people like traps here awesome

Hey, it's a series that clearly differentiates between crossdressers and transexuals and points out that the former is very likely to be straight. Makes it totally cool in my book!

Quote:
Pst, Funi, there is at least a small fanbase for this show, DVD announcement sometime this year please?

Psst, Viz or somebody, I would like to read the manga too!! Also, if any DVDs come out this year, it will likely be very late in the year; they have to let the DVDs come out in Japan first.

Lastly, not to rain on the Kuragehime love parade (it was my favorite show of the fall season), but given how many people likely voted on this, 10 votes is within the margin of error. It's a tie between Kuragehime and OreImo -- though it may be unfairly skewed towards OreImo, since site users are more likely to have both watched the show and voted here. Kuragehime may have picked up viewers from Funimation's webpage or on hulu who don't frequent ANN.
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quote
The_Bug wrote:
Why are there about 2000 missing votes? Did people just pick shows they watched and called it a day?

Not sure what you mean-- everything seems to tally properly for me.

The first two questions were checkboxes; you could check as many series as you watched. The final question was a single radio button, so you had to pick *one* favorite series, rather than multiple. That's why it looks like there were so many more votes in the first two questions. Smile
tigertora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I was happy to see index and squid girl up there on the lists. thats was nice to see.

good poll i have never seen the winner though.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quote
My hats off to Kuragehime, definitely my pick for the best of the season. I watched a lot of the shows - even more than I thought I would. Oreimo surprised me, it was definitely worth the money I paid to avoid the commercials (and get HD).

I dropped P&S after the spoiler[booger episode] - I just couldn't stomach any more. If you loved it, more power to you - it's not for me.

I attempted to watch the first episode of Milky Holmes twice and fell asleep both times - and I generally enjoy Magical Girl shows a lot.
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quote
YEY!!!
The show I choose won for most favorite!
Very Happy
Kuragehime (A.K.A Princess Jellyfish) was (in my opinion anyway) so different and charming! I just couldn't help myself!

Of course (in the defense of all the other fall series) the only other show I watched was Squid Girl (which I rather enjoyed as well).

I guess I'm just really picky when it comes to the anime I'm willing to watch.

Twas definitely the anime season of the sea animals!
Wink
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
YEY!!!
The show I choose won for most favorite!

And that makes you a generic person! Cool
Welcome to the club. My most anticipated show of the season was also anticipated by most according to ANN's survey.

Last edited by egoist on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
angieness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I also voted for Kuragehime as my favorite. I only followed Kuragehime, Panty and Stocking, and Bakuman this season. And even though I really liked how P&S looked, there were some episodes I didn't really enjoy. Whereas Kuragehime was 100% awesome all the way through and I loved every episode. (well, the ending left a lot to be desired but it was still an amazing series)

As for Panty and Stocking...well it was a lot of really silly fluff with very little story and a lot of low brow humor. I really enjoyed it and part of the reason is the use of color. I color comics professionally so for me anyways, the amazing use of color was part of what made the show for me. That and well, I grew up on Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. so for me the show was sort of nostalgic. But no matter how awesome P&S looked, it still couldn't top Kuragehime in my heart because I will always take substance over style.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3